Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#949 ·
Another good day of CPO coverage.

Dealer replaced a headlamp and turn signal, no charge.

Drove 2011 CTS loaner. um. not impressed. 6 cyl was jerky. sport mode gear changes were stooopid, holding RPMs over 5000 while coasting for whole city block?!?!.

Guess I'm just spoiled by my STS and it's much more elegant displays and control layouts.

#953 ·
Yeah so... I want air tools now. Badly.

The right side shock, I did by hand. Fought that damn bolt for 3 hours (terrible placement, GM. Thanks for that....), Driver's side? 20 minutes, tops. Probably less I wasn't even checking I was too happy to be out of the damn sun.

#961 ·
Called my mechanic to check on Betty. He's been swamped and hasn't made any further progress tracking down the second short. Since I'm going out of town next week, I told him I was in no rush. The day I return is also payday so I'd rather have a little more in my wallet for when I have to empty it.

#963 ·
totaled my safari van yesterday night. I was going down a hill in the pouring rain and had no traction (attempting to brake resulted in a loss of traction). a hyundai a few car lengths in front of me stopped at the intersection at the last second right as the light turned yellow (still had plenty of time to go through). I had no traction whatsoever and hydroplaned into it doing about 40 mph. I was able to swerve at the last second and my left front hit the hyundais right rear. ended up punting the hyundai about 15 feet into the intersection. destroyed the core support, left front fender, left side structural support, bumper, hood, and grille on my safari.

#968 ·
i cant remember if i posted my mexican compass or not, but i made another. my bose amps in the allante decided to blow all at the same time, which was the ultimate motivation to finally get off my ass and put the kappa perfects in. (last night on the way home i found myself singin "alll the way turned up" by soulja boy after wondering if the amps blew cause my gf had the radio "all the way turned up")

anyway, i used a thin board to mount the 6.5's and tweeters onto, but needed to cut the right size hole. used this compass, a hole saw and a jigsaw to get the job done

#970 ·
I was ok (my neck, back, left arm and left leg hurt bad). as for the other driver- I'm not sure. she was able to drive (although I'm sure she is gonna be feeling like crap for a few weeks).
whats really odd is after the wreck I drove a mile and had to pull over because my tire was rubbing on the core support. well, when the tow truck came I went and walked into a doctors office to use the bathroom (I had been parked behind the office). when I walked to the front of the parking lot, what car would be in the lot but the hyundai that I had hit. So I walked in anyways, and who would be sitting at the reception desk except the lady who owned said hyundai? it was totally eerie and freaky.

#971 ·
Lol You creamed a receptionist.

Good work!

Painted my wheels black again. Mom lost one of my hubcaps. Replacement will be ordered next week. I figure rolling on black steelies for the picnic/show is less ghetto than rolling on red wheels and three hubcaps. Also going to touch up the chalkboard. It's chipped in a few spots and what not.

#977 ·
after buying all the parts to fix my van, I found a better alternative on craigslist- a 2000 safari hi top conversion van with a blown motor. called the guy out and it turns out that I know him (guy sits behind me at church) and drive by the van every week. went and looked at it, and the body and interior are quite clean for a 10 year old van, much less a conversion van. only cosmetic issue I see i one of the running boards is cracked above the right rear wheel (but running boards will support full weight of a person). inside, it has 4 captains chairs, and I think A TV in the ceiling of the top. van looks pretty cool for an old conversion van- it got alot of gold striping and gold running boards on a white enamel paint (which isnt peeled like 90% of the white vans around here)it'll cost me 2k to have the engine swapped from my old van into this van, but when its done I'll have a kick ass conversion van with a strong motor. the trans from the '97 (4L60E) will be pulled and set aside for the cadillac engine swap. I'll sell off what I can off the 2000 motor and the '97 van to help recoup a few hundred of the cost (vans worth about 300-350 in scrap+ whatever parts I can sell off of it before I scrap it.)

#978 ·
Vacuumed the floormats, wiped out the console and cleaned windows in the C70 and complete interior detail on the Jeep. Rained so no wash.

#979 ·
Well this weekend:

Picked it up From Carroll Custom Cadillac, drove it from Vancouver WA, back home to Kennewick WA, put 248 miles on that drive (newly rebuilt Northstar w/ studs), Washed it this morning after it not being cleaned for over a month.

#981 ·
Did the last part of the new rotor/pad bedding in - 3 quick stops from 100 - smooth and straight. Cooled it all down, came home and checked lug nut torque at 100 ft/lb. As the world's original curmudgeonly skeptic, I was unsure that the $$$ for the brakes was well spent. I'm here to tell you that the time, money, and effort is worth every penny. Brake-wise, the car is safer than it was 10 days ago.