Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#249 ·
.............to the car, nothing. Hauled down my spare intake manifold and set of injectors. Scoped out the injector spray holes (4) in a slight rectangular pattern - 2 holes (jets ?) for each side of the two-valve port. Considered playing with a Dremel tool and fairing in the lower section of the injector bosses to improve airflow through the spray pattern into the siamesed ports........see the flat area just on the port side of the manifold injector boss ? A little fairing and polishing...........

#252 ·
woke up went to check see if seville was still in the drive yes i call her seville i still have not named her yet need to pick a good one out and 2 years havent found it yet lol
drove her to the body shop where someone finally got the picture cheaper to fix the part with at least a used part for 200 bucks then to spend 1000s in court defending themselves
so now i just wait for the call to come get her

#265 ·
Nope, no codes. The AIR pump has been deleted too. I'm guessing the previous owner had a PCM tune done to stop the light from coming on (I know the light works, so it isn't like he was ghetto and pulled the bulb lol).

No emissions testing here or vehicle inspection of any kind. Florida is great in that respect.

Headers are 1 2/3" according to my measurement and math. lol

#271 ·
Further fixed the exhaust leak. God damn, it's quiet. Also discovered that two of my header bolts are missing. Probably the source of remaining leakage.

Radio will arrive tomorrow. Probably going to tackle that. Also worried that my oil leak is my RMS. F*ck my life.

#276 ·
Went and got an estimate on what it's going to cost to have the back bumper repainted. I don't have to pay for it, but still curious. About $450. From there I went to the court house. Got my title sent off and my tag from the Eldorado transfered over. She's legally mine now.

#278 ·
Here is the only one I had time to take today. Got down to Windsor, CT and picked up the tires at the TireRack warehouse but it took a little longer to get them installed than last time. So I called in to have my office reschedule my 1:45 for a different 3PM instead. My brother is going to buy my blackwalls w/ 1300 miles for $400. The whitewalls cost me $520 before taxes and installation.

#285 ·
Here is the only one I had time to take today. Got down to Windsor, CT and picked up the tires at the TireRack warehouse but it took a little longer to get them installed than last time. So I called in to have my office reschedule my 1:45 for a different 3PM instead. My brother is going to buy my blackwalls w/ 1300 miles for $400. The whitewalls cost me $520 before taxes and installation.

End of an era... :(