Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#3,131 ·
I thought so too. I was going to switch wagons for my trip and have the independent shop do the hoses, etc. next week, until I called and them quote it.

#3,132 ·
Those hoses must be made of platinum and covered in italian leather!

Reactions: greencadillacmatt
#3,133 ·
Corinthian leather...

#3,134 ·
Trunk's all packed. Heading South for Louisiana in the morning.

#3,137 ·
I think the trunk of an XLR is about the size of the smuggler's compartment in the back of mine and Roo's wagons :)

Be safe Marvin!

#3,138 ·
A road trip to sea side (most likely would've been somewhere like South Padre or Corpus Cristi, or even Houston) was originally planned for tomorrow until next Sunday. But since my cars are down, I am not going.

Seville still awaiting me to put back the transmission, and the Deville's been sitting in the same place for 4 months.

:dammit: I really need to get my Seville going over this break.

#3,142 ·
Nasty, rainy, clearing later. Our 1/2 mile gravel/dirt road is a swamp. Car gets a Thanksgiving holiday rest - truck will take the load. Gotta talk to Cliff Lowe about a couple of dump truck loads of bluestone gravel...........

Happy Turkey Day to all..............Burp !!!

#3,145 ·
Had the hood on my truck fly up on me today while merging onto the interstate. Good times. Luckily I was still in the merge lane and it didn't happen while I was in the center of the 7 lane freeway in morning rush hour. So I pull over and I'm out there in my suit and tie with my bungee cords trying to mend this pile o shit while cars are whizzing by me at 80mph. Luckily I wasn't late for court, but I left an hour early just in case I hit traffic or had something crazy happen.

Yesterday when I stopped for gas I popped the hood and had a hard time closing it. Thought it was latched, but it was kind of in the back of my mind that something just didn't feel right. Its hard to tell if the thing is all the way latched since the fenders, grill, hood, nothing lines up right on the front of the truck.

So I'll be hitting the junkyard for a new hood latch, maybe a new hood, definetly hood hinges, a new wiper arm, and might have to get a new windshield if the cracks get worse. If anybody knows anybody parting out a 89-94 Toyota truck in the mid TN area, send me a private message. You can't find these things in the junkyards around here, and if you do they are picked clean.

#3,152 ·
Went back to the dealer and crawled under the DCM RMW up on the lift. They got the rusty rear brakes pieced back together. Am having the rear brake lines replaced (the front half was replaced right after I bought it...) as well, as they look like they're about to go. Fun Fun... Had to leave the loaner in storage and get the white RMW to go out of town for Thanksgiving in...

#3,154 ·
Betty's four wiring harnesses have been ordered, and I was able to get the 20% off, so that knocked ~$120 off the total. They should arrive between Tuesday and Thursday of next week, and the shop has scheduled a full day for the tech to do the installation. Looking forward to having it fixed, but not looking forward to paying the bill. :lol:

#3,164 ·
Oh. Hi there:

Looks good Sting but clean it up ASAP.

I'm not sayin that to be a hater more to help you out. I put my infinitys in a few months ago. it was "just a temporary installation to get a feel for the sound and location. i'll mount the amp and hide the wires later". That was at the end of winter. Now its almost winter again and the wires are still showing and the amp is still in the same spot. All 4 speaker sets arent even in.