What did you do to your car today? - Page 839
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 839 of 958 FirstFirst ... 339 739 789 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 889 939 ... LastLast
Results 12,571 to 12,585 of 14360
Like Tree7958Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Those were great little cars, they were remarkably fast at high-speed, they handled great and were fun to drive. My ...
    Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Those were great little cars, they were remarkably fast at high-speed, they handled great and were fun to drive.

My friends and I used to buy those in high school for a few hundred dollars, but we treated them like throwaway cars. They were very fun throwaway cars, especially the brava.

And you could fit lots of girls in the little convertible, before seatbelt laws anyway

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: What did you do to your car today?

^^^ I, too, liked the Fiat 124 Spiders. Lots better than the MG's and Triumph's that were out at the same time. But I liked the Alfa Romeo Spiders even better. Although neither car would be good for a tall, or just plain big guy or gal!

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    First time I've ever seen "gigantic" used to describe a Corvair. Park it next to an Impala or Chevelle of its day, and the Corvair looks quite compact.

On the other hand, while I was in Arizona, I got to drive a 74 Fiat roadster that a friend is caretaker of when the owner is away. It was truly tiny, so much so that It felt like my head was above the windshield.
    Everything is relative; the question is what your reference point is. Here, my reference point is "Italian or British sports car" as I mentioned that "If it wasn't for its gigantic size, I may have thought it is an Italian or British sports car." Compared to many British convertible sports cars, such as Lotus, this car is gigantic.

Jaguar, as a counter example, comes to mind too. However, many British sports car of that era were small.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    If the Fiat was an 124 roadster what did you think of it?
    Yes, it was a 124 Spider. My friend's original article about the car is here, and yes, I am the car snob he refers to. Dan and I have been friends for 30 years, and the worst thing I can about him is he has lousy taste in cars. The Fiat is an aberration, believe me.

I had a good time driving it. There's something wonderfully elemental about such a simple car. Dan had warned me that the clutch was wonky, and I hadn't driven a stick in probably months, but I never stalled it, even though one of my 1-2 shifts came out jerky. Otherwise, it was a nice gearbox. The pedals were all very close together, so my size 11s were getting in each others' way working the brake and clutch simultaneously. Both the speedometer and tach had two digit callouts, so it took a couple of looks to be sure how fast I was going. I can see why Dan enjoys getting to take it out.

I'd still rather have the Corvair, however.

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    A decent 124 Spyder for $300 in the 80's was nothing but fun. You got all the quirks for free.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    Yes, it was a 124 Spider. My friend's original article about the car is here, and yes, I am the car snob he refers to. Dan and I have been friends for 30 years, and the worst thing I can about him is he has lousy taste in cars. The Fiat is an aberration, believe me.

I had a good time driving it. There's something wonderfully elemental about such a simple car. Dan had warned me that the clutch was wonky, and I hadn't driven a stick in probably months, but I never stalled it, even though one of my 1-2 shifts came out jerky. Otherwise, it was a nice gearbox. The pedals were all very close together, so my size 11s were getting in each others' way working the brake and clutch simultaneously. Both the speedometer and tach had two digit callouts, so it took a couple of looks to be sure how fast I was going. I can see why Dan enjoys getting to take it out.

I'd still rather have the Corvair, however.
    ^^^ I'd rather have the Corvair too. But I would really rather have an Alfa Romeo 1600 Giulia or an Alfa 2000 spider Veloce ..... Giulia was the same vintage as the last version of the Corvair, the Spider Veloce was at least a decade newer than both of those cars. The thing I like about Italian and American cars is you don't have yto be a complete masochist to drive own them unlike German cars.

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

The Villager was fixed came out good, Started the Cadillac and while i was plugging the air pump in it hit the door molding and chipped... I was Pissed! Now i gotta call my touch up guy to come out and fix it.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Paint job in 3 weeks, oooooooh i cant wait!

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    Tires and an alignment.

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 2manyhotrods View Post
    Went out to the garage. Started it and let it idle for a minute.
    It's seven degrees out there. Salty, dirty, crummy roads and I'm still dealing with the flu.
    I killed the engine, locked the door went back to bed.
    Save the fun for another day.
    where did you find the whitewalls, they look really good on your caddy

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille (deceased) 2002 DeVille (current)

The other day she got an oil change, tire rotation, new air filter, and a good wash.
    Then it rained the next day...

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo View Post
    The other day she got an oil change, tire rotation, new air filter, and a good wash.
    Then it rained the next day...
    Invest in a car cover. You have covered parking at your apartment complex?

tonyb71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS
    Car wan yesterday. It always drives better clean

Windexed the windows and mirrors.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Got it a fender.

Just need both driver's side doors, maybe a passenger front door if I find a good condition set of 1995/6 doors, and to get the wheel fixed.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post

Just need both driver's side doors, maybe a passenger front door if I find a good condition set of 1995/6 doors, and to get the wheel fixed.
    Where does that fit into the plan - the different side view mirrors?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.