Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#2,543 ·
wow talking about gas prices now
My area has stupid high prices on Fuel with market values mostly because of the area it is
in Beachwood / woodmerre / Pepperpike and other areas with in 5 miles of each other its 3.69 for regular 87
go 1 burb over and it drops to 3.59 about 2 burbs over from where i live its 3.55 and on the west side its like 3.49 these are regular 87 prices

#2,544 ·
O.K. Back on topic. Got a 4-wheel alignment today so it was time for a roadtest. Went 90 miles east to Effingham to harass the early participants at Corvette FunFest. Joined in on their "Fun Run" to the city Square (~400 Corvettes and 2 XLRs) Oh well, at least I wasn't by myself. The other XLR was from Ontario Canada. They drove all the way down to party with the XLR group I'm a member of, the Midwest Marauders. We should have 16-18 XLRs for this event by Saturday morning when we caravan in "en masse"

Car's running great, but still need to replace the front bearings whenever they finally arrive. New tires are quiet and since I'm running the skinny tires this month, burnouts are "in season" for FunFest.:lildevil:

#2,548 ·
I paid 1.89 Euro a LITER in Luxembourg on Tuesday.....so with conversion to gallons and dollars it was ~$10.48 a gallon...yeah...$10.48....

....and with the V getting about 12-13mpg driving hard w/AutoBahns....a $178 tank of gas gets me about ~215miles....

....however....I wouldn't change a thing....ya gotta pay to play!

#2,571 · (Edited)
Went down to the university to get my annual parking pass. I find it difficult to complain about my $200 school year parking pass when it is so ridiculously high at other schools...

Also, just picked up a FrostFighter defroster tab repair kit. Solder broke off of one of the defroster tabs on the glass window in the convertible top. I hope it works.