What did you do to your car today? - Page 728
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 728 of 924 FirstFirst ... 228 628 678 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 778 828 ... LastLast
Results 10,906 to 10,920 of 13853
Like Tree7608Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by vincentm New struts today with mounts and a 4-wheel alignment, now she rides just as she did ...
    CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    New struts today with mounts and a 4-wheel alignment, now she rides just as she did when she left Hamtramck in 1996/97
    BOO FRIGGIN YAH dude! Glad you got the Eldo squared away suspensionwise

Welp, that didn't take long:

This is the 4th Cadillac and 4th car overall from Cadillac of Sioux Falls. Yeah, they good Oddly enough the replacement for the 03 Escalade is an 03 DeVille. Dad is apparently surprised with how nice it is (from his inflection on the phone), and the next man of the family (that would be Harrison, the 17 y.o.), is sold. Another Cadillac fanatic is born

I drove MY Cadillac today. Northstar V8 is epic soundtrack for driving

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Car looks to be in excellent shape! Even the headlights look like new. Awesome find! Will be curious to see how you feel it drives compared to your '96.
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by greencadillacmatt View Post
    What kind of Olds is it you tool around Vegas in, Chamus?
    Normally, I just sort of borrow...whatever when I am out here (A friend runs a specialty rental boutique) Among the cars I have driven here were a custom Cobra (which My Fiance and I had quite a lot of fun with at the time) a '72 Stingray (which we turned in within the day for a Suburban) and a supercharged '57 Chevrolet pickup (Only Sting ever saw that one, as I texted him a photo of it, because it was Orange)

The legendary '73 Oldsmobile (Ninety-Eight) that is occasionally joked about among colleagues and family (Often referenced on Facebook with a '62 Cadillac and "Fistful of Nevada's Finest") is the perfect car for this environment. Mostly because it is black, was originally a pampered California car (the closest thing I have ever done to actually setting foot in California) and is capable of blocking ALL of the Hybrid vehicle spaces at Whole Foods at once (the first and last features are what is most important to me in a car)

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jamespowers View Post
    Buy it!
    Lol.

As Matt would tell you, I do not think it is for sale. I will say however that it is in nicer shape than the pink '59 Fleetwood that I usually see when I am in the Floridian environment. I REALLY wish I still had a photo of, even though I would not be able to upload it from here, because I am pretty certain that it is no longer left there and someone finally took it someplace or remembered where they left it. It was in decent shape, about the quality you would expect for say a properly maintained 15-year-old daily driver from a place that had all four seasons. Easy to repair, if you took the time. Still, every time I saw it there, alone, forgotten, it was upsetting.

In the confines of rural Monroe County, there is a series of aluminium hangar outbuildings. Plenty of fantastic cars in them. Of all of them, one has particular meaning to me and waits quietly for the day I make Pennsylvania my full time home, stepping into the shoes of one of the greatest people I've ever known.

I do not need to get a new 1959 Cadillac. I mean...don't get me wrong. If you're giving one away, I will find someplace to store it in indefinite preservation.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

What's the story? We are having more and more Devilles?!

I've never owned a DeVille, but I cannot say I have never been tempted. I recall a while back I saw in Florida (original FL car) a triple black 77 CDV for sale and if I had some place to put it at the time, I'd have taken it. It sold within a week of my finding it. I was glad to see it sell though, because it looked babied it's whole life, so it got to start it's new life with someone in more-than-decent shape and hopefully, that person would be able to appreciate it, possibly even more than the previous owner, who clearly took the car out very infrequently.

As for all these kids with their white FWD DeVilles. Great cars. I like them. I really do. (This is going to sound like an insult, but it is not) But White cars rub me the wrong way (most times. In fact, most cars that aren't black have this effect on my) and I have never liked the FWD DeVilles as much as their RWD ancestors.

I will admit though, I really dig those DTS/DeVille Hearses, so far as modern cars go. If I really wanted a more modern car, I would quite possibly buy one.
    77CDV and CadillacLuke24 like this.

greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '94 Jeep GC LTD

^Our local funeral home uses a modern DeVille/DTS hearse. It looks fantastic in silver (which is strange for me to say) with the black landau roof.

R/T kota is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 4, 67 Firebird, and a pair of SS Impalas

Hit the wheels and grill with some plastidip.
    Previous owner never took care of the wheels so this was the easy fix.
    The grill just looked cheap and I'm not about to spend the money they want for an aftermarket.

plstidip_zps71584896.jpg
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    Lol.

As Matt would tell you, I do not think it is for sale. I will say however that it is in nicer shape than the pink '59 Fleetwood that I usually see when I am in the Floridian environment. I REALLY wish I still had a photo of, even though I would not be able to upload it from here, because I am pretty certain that it is no longer left there and someone finally took it someplace or remembered where they left it. It was in decent shape, about the quality you would expect for say a properly maintained 15-year-old daily driver from a place that had all four seasons. Easy to repair, if you took the time. Still, every time I saw it there, alone, forgotten, it was upsetting.

In the confines of rural Monroe County, there is a series of aluminium hangar outbuildings. Plenty of fantastic cars in them. Of all of them, one has particular meaning to me and waits quietly for the day I make Pennsylvania my full time home, stepping into the shoes of one of the greatest people I've ever known.

I do not need to get a new 1959 Cadillac. I mean...don't get me wrong. If you're giving one away, I will find someplace to store it in indefinite preservation.
    I am surprised you didn't find the owner of the abandoned one and make an offer. I would have.

If they are giving away 59 Cadillacs, I would be first in line.

Not abandoned. Forgotten. A barbaric decoration. In tourist areas, people just art of leave these kinds of things around as displays. Left outside to the elements, where the paint bubbles and people climb in them for photographs. Now the one I showed Matt (the pink one from the other day) is inside and is apparently part of a series of such display around the world. I hear that Tokyo has a 59 Hearse.

Oh. And a relevant detail.

Though I believe the 59 Fleetwood is gone, there are a few dozen more classics in the same location, subjected to the same treatment.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    What's the story? We are having more and more Devilles?!
    Carmel Artomobilia with the Midwest Marauders. We had 11 XLRs and 2 CTS-V Coupes:

Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    Not abandoned. Forgotten. A barbaric decoration. In tourist areas, people just art of leave these kinds of things around as displays. Left outside to the elements, where the paint bubbles and people climb in them for photographs. Now the one I showed Matt (the pink one from the other day) is inside and is apparently part of a series of such display around the world. I hear that Tokyo has a 59 Hearse.
    It is a wonder no one hot wired it and took it for a tour around the town then.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Carmel Artomobilia with the Midwest Marauders. We had 11 XLRs and 2 CTS-V Coupes:

"Carmel" where, Gismo, is that Carmel, California or Carmel, Where?

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    "Carmel" where, Gismo, is that Carmel, California or Carmel, Where?
    Carmel Indiana - 20 miles north of downtown Indianapolis.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Great pics Giz!!! I always enjoy your car.

---On a side note, every time I visit central coast area, I see to it that I spend as much time as possible in Carmel, PG, Canary and Monty!!! What beautiful places to relax!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.