What did you do to your car today? - Page 72
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 929 FirstFirst ... 22 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 122 172 572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 13922
Like Tree7666Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by gdwriter Aw, shucks mister. Don't play. Apparently, I've been so influential to you that I now make ...
    drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    Aw, shucks mister. Don't play. Apparently, I've been so influential to you that I now make regular, random appearances in posts about your daily activities like oil changes and stops at the gas station. That's a little scary

Sevillian273 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 89 Marquis | 72 Torino

Concerning the stereo project:

I've had just about every practical front soundstage configuration possible in 3 different vehicles and I have found this configuration to be the best:

It looks obtrusive but neither myself or any passengers have been bothered by it. Those are Infinity Reference 6x9's in carpet covered MDF boxes. They are foamed in place with the floor itself as the back of the box. Each are stuffed to the hilt with polyfil. They've been installed for over 3 years and have been the BEST front speaker arrangement that I've ever experienced.

I'm not sure if an Allante can accomodate the same setup but it might be worth looking into... The foam method of course ruins the original carpet but if done well, the install could be a selling point in the future.

$0.02. Infinity FTW

Sevillian273 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 89 Marquis | 72 Torino

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    What did I do to my car today? I drove it. Then I parked it. A little while later, I drove it again. After a few passing moments, it was time to park it.

I might go drive and park it again in an hour or so. Just seems right...almost like it was made for it. It's a beautiful thing when stuff works like that.
    I'd be confident in betting that you have never so much as washed or vacuumed any of your vehicles. It doesnt go much beyond the "point A to point B" thing with cars for you, does it?

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

How often do you wash that car Gary? lol

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Quote Originally Posted by Sevillian273 View Post
    I'd be confident in betting that you have never so much as washed or vacuumed any of your vehicles. It doesnt go much beyond the "point A to point B" thing with cars for you, does it?
    Oh but I do, at least the interior. I keep my interiors immaculate, even in my junk vehicles. Exterior washing? Yeah, on the right car. I kept my '95 and '92 clean as a whistle and well polished, as they were in excellent shape. I even meticulously cleaned my engine bays. Here's some of the last pictures I have of the '95's:

My '90, not so much. It looks good from 20 feet away, and washing doesn't shorten that distance, nor does it change the fact that it's still a $1000 car on a good day. This was my "bitch" vehicle when I was using it as a secondary car, a beater (to keep my other cars nice - yes, I do keep cars nice), so it spent a lot of time downtown in parking structures and on street at school and was driven religiously every winter I've had it. It has it's fair share of battle scars - plenty of dings and scratches, topped off by a cracking vinyl roof. Now, it's all I have left (for a DD, anyway) as insuring and maintaining multiple (4) vehicles was getting to be too much.

I'll replace it with something nicer, eventually; I even have a fund ready for that. However, I just can't justify it for now. It refuses to give me a reason to do so, even at 185k and 21 years. The car rides and drives fantastically, and it's been dead-nuts reliable.

Stiggy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 DeVille DTS

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO View Post
    sweet welcome to the forums!

I love the 2000-05 DTS's. Post pics PLEASE!
    As requested.

It's a 2004 with 66,900 one-owner miles (well, two-owner if you include me)...lol

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Hail a comin'... moved it to the parking garage.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

When I come back I intend to do the PS pump, int. steering shaft, and steering position sensor all at once.

I also plan on shopping for a Miata. Ducky is for sale. I mailed the title to Austin and asked him to sell it while I'm out of town.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

just went out and patted her on the hood right above the grill said good girl
    getting ready for the drive

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup View Post
    just went out and patted her on the hood right above the grill said good girl
    getting ready for the drive
    I feel like you should only contribute to the thread when you DO SOMETHING to your car.

P.S. Shouldn't you be lost in the wilderness somewhere by now?

In other wagon news: purchased a dash surround from a 9C1 Caprice. Getting ready to dye it black, then all I need is an instrument cluster from a Custom Cruiser and I'll be well on my way to epic cluster swap.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Quote Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
    As requested.

It's a 2004 with 66,900 one-owner miles (well, two-owner if you include me)...lol

That color has become one of my favorites. if i ever get an xlr-v i might even choose that color over black...

nice car

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Quote Originally Posted by Sevillian273 View Post
    Concerning the stereo project:

I've had just about every practical front soundstage configuration possible in 3 different vehicles and I have found this configuration to be the best:

It looks obtrusive but neither myself or any passengers have been bothered by it. Those are Infinity Reference 6x9's in carpet covered MDF boxes. They are foamed in place with the floor itself as the back of the box. Each are stuffed to the hilt with polyfil. They've been installed for over 3 years and have been the BEST front speaker arrangement that I've ever experienced.

I'm not sure if an Allante can accomodate the same setup but it might be worth looking into... The foam method of course ruins the original carpet but if done well, the install could be a selling point in the future.

$0.02. Infinity FTW
    Holy lack of footspace batman! jk i know you said its not as intrusive as it looks.

i like stealth installs though so that option is out
    i also lack the skills to fabricate pillar pods and i imagine pillars for this car arent exactly cheap so i dont wanna start experimenting

Lastly, with only one pair in, the system sounds 10x better than factory did. The main goal is audible music with the top down, and im too lazy to change the design haha...

thanks for the advice though guys

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
    As requested.

That interior is gorgeous!

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Here's the Seville version.................note the shale/neutral shale, dash vent and light switch differences.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    When I come back I intend to do the PS pump, int. steering shaft, and steering position sensor all at once.

I also plan on shopping for a Miata. Ducky is for sale. I mailed the title to Austin and asked him to sell it while I'm out of town.
    Not Ducky!!!

Is Austin still interested in buying it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.