What did you do to your car today? - Page 71
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 924 FirstFirst ... 21 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 121 171 571 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 13853
Like Tree7608Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Had Cruella's oil changed (the oil life indicator was down to 6 percent; I suppose Drew would approve, but I ...
    gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Had Cruella's oil changed (the oil life indicator was down to 6 percent; I suppose Drew would approve, but I don't like getting that low on a such a high-mileage engine), tires rotated, turn signal cam and Twilight Sentinel switch replaced. Unfortunately, the switch wasn't the problem, even though it seemed to me like it was shorting out shortly before I gave Laura the car. Also had him check the A/C system; I was hoping it was just a small leak, but he said it wouldn't hold a charge at all. That repair will have to wait. Got her back $192.65. Topped off the tank and dumped in a bottle of fuel injector/fuel system cleaner (sorry Drew, but I don't mind spending the $4.82).

The old girl is unfortunately dirty — she looks like she has blackwalls now — and I would hand wash her tonight, but it's going to rain again tonight and tomorrow. And it must be a young woman thing, but they treat their cars like a big purse on wheels. Just like my old Honda that my other niece has, Cruella's interior is a mess.

I was nice driving her the hour back from Grand Forks to Park River last night; she averaged 23 MPG.

My sister's mechanic was impressed to see a car with 267,000 miles on it, especially one in such good condition.

Stiggy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 DeVille DTS

Well, I traded it in and picked up my first Cadillac.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

sweet welcome to the forums!

I love the 2000-05 DTS's. Post pics PLEASE!

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    Had Cruella's oil changed (the oil life indicator was down to 6 percent; I suppose Drew would approve, but I don't like getting that low on a such a high-mileage engine), tires rotated, turn signal cam and Twilight Sentinel switch replaced. Unfortunately, the switch wasn't the problem, even though it seemed to me like it was shorting out shortly before I gave Laura the car. Also had him check the A/C system; I was hoping it was just a small leak, but he said it wouldn't hold a charge at all. That repair will have to wait. Got her back $192.65. Topped off the tank and dumped in a bottle of fuel injector/fuel system cleaner (sorry Drew, but I don't mind spending the $4.82).

The old girl is unfortunately dirty — she looks like she has blackwalls now — and I would hand wash her tonight, but it's going to rain again tonight and tomorrow. And it must be a young woman thing, but they treat their cars like a big purse on wheels. Just like my old Honda that my other niece has, Cruella's interior is a mess.

I was nice driving her the hour back from Grand Forks to Park River last night; she averaged 23 MPG.

My sister's mechanic was impressed to see a car with 267,000 miles on it, especially one in such good condition.
    I think he likes me...

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
    Well, I traded it in and picked up my first Cadillac.
    Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your new Cadillac as much as I have enjoyed the ones I have owned.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO View Post
    documentation said its best to keep it as close to the woofer as possible

..............in a home stereo environment
    : high frequencies are VERY directional - they don't "bend" around objects like the so-desired upper bass hump bump-bump.

Tweeters, properly crossed over, work well in the top dash panel, aimed to reflect from the windshield glass while tweeters in the lower door shoot across below your knees and you don't hear much above 3,000 Hz or so. Believe it or not, tweeters radiate sound much like a flashlight beam. If you're not in the sweet spot, music sounds flat and midrange heavy.

An old adage in the home speaker builder business is that you should be able to "look the tweeter in the eye".

Car stereo is mostly synchronous noise because it's practically impossible to achieve correct soundstage and holographic imaging inside a car cabin. Build the system so that it sounds sort of like music and let it go at that.

Don't believe me ??? Go up to the Community tab, Albums, and open my #2 album - the red Seville. There are a few pics of another hobby.................

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    thats one helluva crossover
    Take a look at Madison Sound - all sorts of passive 4,8,16 Ohm crossovers. Built or do your own soldering. www.madisound.com

............and know that the more $$ you spend on high frequency crossover caps the more pure the sound. Cheap caps = garbage.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

My Accord coupe had high end a/d/s/ 336is.2 components in front in the factory locations. The woofer down low, the tweeters in the dash reflecting off the windshield. To my ear, imaging was excellent. While there are generalities in car audio, there are few strict rules and always exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    few strict rules and always exceptions.
    The home or theatre stereo "sweet spot" is in the center, tenth row or so........

Try to do that from the driver's seat in a car and the depth/image is already compromised, while a L-R balance control just doesn't do the job. Most car equalizers seem to be set to "boom, boom" rather than music.

When you can hear Barbra Streisand sing "Memory" 25 feet in front of your nose and it creates goosebumps or tears, you have achieved good sound.

......................My car today ???? Drove the puppy snot out of it over in Caroline County.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

What did I do to my car today? I drove it. Then I parked it. A little while later, I drove it again. After a few passing moments, it was time to park it.

I might go drive and park it again in an hour or so. Just seems right...almost like it was made for it. It's a beautiful thing when stuff works like that.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    I think he likes me...

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Looked out the hotel windows to make sure she was still in the Parking lot oh well she still was maybe next time she wont be lol

went ot the gas station toped her off
    drove here to Annapolis checked into a different hotel for the evening and then drove her to the Annapolis yatch club went on a Formula 400 cruiser that belonged to this guy and wife i met at the hotel and had a good time
    then went and drove herback to the hotel and now shes jsut sitting there looking sad alone

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Washed it (look at the sky now )

Noticed a little bit of water was showing up on the inside of the driver's side window after rinsing so I'll probably be taking a trip to the dealer next week, and I'll have them look at my wastegates while I'm there too.

Careful, TP, that's how the rapist starts his thought process...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.