What did you do to your car today? - Page 688
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 688 of 929 FirstFirst ... 188 588 638 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 738 788 ... LastLast
Results 10,306 to 10,320 of 13922
Like Tree7666Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by The-Dullahan At this point, I don't care WHERE my new rear end comes from. Originally Posted by ...
    The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    At this point, I don't care WHERE my new rear end comes from.
    Quote Originally Posted by STS_Seville_Hunter View Post
    What rear end you looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    You kids need to stop giving me invitations to post this.

You'd never believe that the friend who showed me this is a small girl of Scottish origin who is anything but "Ghetto" or the typical Hip Hop type. Most people would probably more associate her with punk and the like.

I know these posts were from a bit ago, but I have not been on this website outside mobile in...quite some time. Still, the thought persisted.

Nothing from that video though can accurately represent the rear end I am looking for...not by a long shot.
    77CDV and greencadillacmatt like this.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Front center.
    >.<! ew

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentm

>.<! ew
    Yup. Went through 3 on my STS in almost 4 years. Terrible design.

Also thinking about replacing pulleys near water pump. Noticed its kinda noisy around that area. On my BMW it was the water pump bearing making noise so I might replace water pump too though it has already been replaced once in 2008. Not sure if I should though.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Weird thing in the Seville today.

Started her up this morning to go to work, and I noticed the radio and climate control went dead as soon as the car started. A couple of warning lights stayed on, battery and ABS I think, plus the messages Service Stability System and Service Theft System. The stereo and climate control came back on, but I could tell the A/C compressor wasn't engaged. I pulled the codes, and there was a whole slew of history codes. Cleared the codes and the error messages went away. Turned the car off and started it up again, the the A/C compressor engaged, no warnings or error messages, but the readout in the DIC for fuel used and average fuel economy had gone back to zero. The clock didn't lose time, nor did the trip meter lose any miles, however.

From past experience, I know batteries tend to go when it's really cold or really hot, and we've been having several hot days. So I had the battery checked — no idea how old it is; it was in the car when I got it 4 1/2 years ago — and it's fine.

Once I cleared the codes and restarted, everything was back to normal, and I had no trouble on my drive home, so I'm hoping it was just some battery hiccup from the heat.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Id invest in a new battery

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

If you have no idea how old the battery is its time for a new one! Our Sevilles are really sensitive to battery health, both my '95 and my wife's '02 acted up the same way that you are describing when they needed a new battery.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Yeah I would put a new battery in it asap. If the battery is more than 5 years old it's time especially with all of the electronics these cars have.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Taylor Swift: "Hi random boy in parking lot"
    Luke: "Hi! I'm luke. I LIKE YOU!!!"
    Taylor Swift "AHHHH CRAZY STALKER"
    Luke: "No, I just want to like you!"
    Taylor Swift: "AH!!!!"
    Then Taylor's next album has a platinum song about a crazy stalker named luke who likes her and drives a cadillac

I better be careful if I ever do cross paths with the young lass at some point. I do ONE THING wrong and I'll be done for!

Nope, no show here james. Gillette is WAY too small for anything like that. Kmart happens to be (due to the fact that it's closed overnight and otherwise never busy enough to fill the parking lot) the secondary truck stop, right next to (figuratively and literally) Flying J. It was something else. Two IDENTICAL brand new Peterbilt 379s (I think, just like truckinman's new one), with two trailers emblazoned with TAYLOR SWIFT RED TOUR. Naturally, the Peterbilts were a nice red hue.

The reason they were so obvious is because those chumps stole my old parking spot. In the process, though, I found a better spot. Perhaps I owe them a thank you?
    77CDV and greencadillacmatt like this.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

finally got some hog ring pliers from harbor freight. Seem pretty decent for $9. Bummed they don't sell hog rings though.
    Also washed the caddy yesterday. It looked nice until it dried and you could see how oxidized the paint was on top.

Also been driving the lesabre. it runs great. I'm still shocked by how quiet the engine is at speed. The car does squeak and rattle a bit (but it is 30 years old) but not too bad....its actually quieter than a lot of newer cars I've been in (most of the noise is from the windows rattling when they're rolled down and the broken radio mounting from someone stealing the P.O.'s radio 20+ years ago).

----------

caddy washed

ewww....look at that sap

parked the lesabre in the garage (grandma is out of town, so I'm dogsitting)

tight fit

Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

I made my boyfriend get me some tire shine stuff from work (LKQ). Then he told me I have to get a brush and scrub my whitewalls first. So, I guess that is tomorrow's project. Next he'll tell me I have to shine the spokes too.
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Taylor Swift: "Hi random boy in parking lot"
    Luke: "Hi! I'm luke. I LIKE YOU!!!"
    Taylor Swift "AHHHH CRAZY STALKER"
    Luke: "No, I just want to like you!"
    Taylor Swift: "AH!!!!"
    Then Taylor's next album has a platinum song about a crazy stalker named luke who likes her and drives a cadillac and like her again and then likes and likes more and likes her one more time and likes her again and ....
    Corrected!

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    Corrected!

Post of the year right there!

As Ranger said, I like everybody, multiple times daily!

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Could also be the car's BCM starting to age. I know the Eldo will sometimes randomly lose the radio. I'll drive, stop, come back, start it up, and the radio is fine. Very odd, these electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    Weird thing in the Seville today.

Started her up this morning to go to work, and I noticed the radio and climate control went dead as soon as the car started. A couple of warning lights stayed on, battery and ABS I think, plus the messages Service Stability System and Service Theft System. The stereo and climate control came back on, but I could tell the A/C compressor wasn't engaged. I pulled the codes, and there was a whole slew of history codes. Cleared the codes and the error messages went away. Turned the car off and started it up again, the the A/C compressor engaged, no warnings or error messages, but the readout in the DIC for fuel used and average fuel economy had gone back to zero. The clock didn't lose time, nor did the trip meter lose any miles, however.

From past experience, I know batteries tend to go when it's really cold or really hot, and we've been having several hot days. So I had the battery checked — no idea how old it is; it was in the car when I got it 4 1/2 years ago — and it's fine.

Once I cleared the codes and restarted, everything was back to normal, and I had no trouble on my drive home, so I'm hoping it was just some battery hiccup from the heat.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Had to run some errands today in the lesabre. Was pulling out onto a street and there was some guy in a donked out 80s gutlass sitting at the light. As I rolled past him real slow in the lesabre, his jaw drops and he cranes his neck as I drive past and I could see he was mouthing "damn".
    77CDV and CadillacLuke24 like this.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post

Post of the year right there!

As Ranger said, I like everybody, multiple times daily!
    Yeah, returning to the main webpage on a computer instead of mobile after such a long absence was interesting, because the mobile app does not inform you of "likes" and I've apparently acquired quite a many lately. Not sure how, since I am rarely here lately and have had no time to actually do anything new with any of my cars in nearly two years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.