What did you do to your car today? - Page 683
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 683 of 949 FirstFirst ... 183 583 633 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 733 783 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,245 of 14225
Like Tree7837Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; I would have guessed an original Toronado if he hadn't implied the engine was worth more than the body....
  1. #10231
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,095

    Re: What did you do to your car today?

    I would have guessed an original Toronado if he hadn't implied the engine was worth more than the body.

  2. #10232
    cadillac kevin's Avatar
    cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    5,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    I would have guessed an original Toronado if he hadn't implied the engine was worth more than the body.
    You are correct. A 1966 to be precise
    talismandave likes this.

  3. #10233
    Koooop's Avatar
    Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,778
    TBSS idle is corrected with a 5 minute reprogram.

    Much better.

  4. #10234
    EcSTSatic's Avatar
    EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    4,704

    Re: What did you do to your car today?

    It has been over a month and the STS hasn't stalled out. The new crank sensors worked! Thanks guys!

  5. #10235
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,095

    Re: What did you do to your car today?

    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    You are correct. A 1966 to be precise
    Awesome! Could be my favorite car of all time (for looks). I'm curious why he thought you (someone) might want it just for the engine. I know for a brief time the engine/trans were popular transplants into Fieros but I figure that had run its course. Was he just being paranoid or is there a demand for the drive trains (other than to put in another Toronado that needed it)?

  6. #10236
    cadillac kevin's Avatar
    cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    5,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    Awesome! Could be my favorite car of all time (for looks). I'm curious why he thought you (someone) might want it just for the engine. I know for a brief time the engine/trans were popular transplants into Fieros but I figure that had run its course. Was he just being paranoid or is there a demand for the drive trains (other than to put in another Toronado that needed it)?
    I think he just wants to make sure it goes to a good home (which it will if I buy it) and that someone won't just be parting it out for a quick buck. I don't think theres much of a demand for toronado parts/ drivetrains though. Every first gen one I've seen was either a really clean original or restored. Never seen a beater one that would require parts (the rough ones probably got junked 25+ years ago due to rust.)
    77CDV and Hoosier Daddy like this.

  7. #10237
    orconn's Avatar
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    12,984

    Re: What did you do to your car today?

    The first generation Toronado is also one of my top five favorite cars. In the 1960's five of my family members had Toronados, my step father bought a new 1969 (not a first generation unfortunately) which I drove a lot. They were great interstate cars with a style all there own, unfortunately many of them perished due to deteriorated rubber fuel supply lines. While the Eldorado of that era was a truly great design, I prefer the Toronado .... a true Oldsmobile if their ever was one!

  8. #10238
    cadillac kevin's Avatar
    cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    5,778
    Quote Originally Posted by orconn
    The first generation Toronado is also one of my top five favorite cars. In the 1960's five of my family members had Toronados, my step father bought a new 1969 (not a first generation unfortunately) which I drove a lot. They were great interstate cars with a style all there own, unfortunately many of them perished due to deteriorated rubber fuel supply lines. While the Eldorado of that era was a truly great design, I prefer the Toronado .... a true Oldsmobile if their ever was one!
    Deteriorated rubber fuel lines? Yikes...sounds like most of them died from engine fires?

  9. #10239
    orconn's Avatar
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    12,984

    Re: What did you do to your car today?

    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Deteriorated rubber fuel lines? Yikes...sounds like most of them died from engine fires?
    Three out of the five Toronados owned by family members were destroyed by engine fires. The rubber fuel connector line was located close to the carburetor and would crack spilling gas on the hot engine. Many a Toronado went to the junk yard due to engine fires.

  10. #10240
    GizmoQ's Avatar
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,635

    Re: What did you do to your car today?

    Started the Ceramic paint on my headers. I guessed 2 coats, but its so thin, I think I better do 4.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

    ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"



    2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

  11. #10241
    ryannel2003's Avatar
    ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Bern, NC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,718

    Re: What did you do to your car today?

    Just got back from Virginia in my new Deville. 26MPG running between 65 and 80MPH. Ride is excellent and my back is now thanking me for the extra supportive seats. Car runs great and the paint has a few small chips but much, much better than my BMW was. Car just glides over the road and I am looking forward to a good future with my Deville.

  12. #10242
    vincentm's Avatar
    vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kennewick WA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    4,729
    Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Just got back from Virginia in my new Deville. 26MPG running between 65 and 80MPH. Ride is excellent and my back is now thanking me for the extra supportive seats. Car runs great and the paint has a few small chips but much, much better than my BMW was. Car just glides over the road and I am looking forward to a good future with my Deville.
    The Northstar gods are shining down upon you once again.

  13. #10243
    ryannel2003's Avatar
    ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Bern, NC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentm

    The Northstar gods are shining down upon you once again.
    They sure are. My Deville has the updated 2004 head bolts and the records show the water pump has been replaced and the coolant has drained once.
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

  14. #10244
    77CDV's Avatar
    77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Newbury Park, CA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    9,448

    Re: What did you do to your car today?

    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    You are correct. A 1966 to be precise
    Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Just got back from Virginia in my new Deville. 26MPG running between 65 and 80MPH. Ride is excellent and my back is now thanking me for the extra supportive seats. Car runs great and the paint has a few small chips but much, much better than my BMW was. Car just glides over the road and I am looking forward to a good future with my Deville.
    Congrats, guys! Sounds like you both lucked into really good cars!

    On the home front, today I had the Fleetwood flatbedded to to mechanic to get all the mechanicals in order. She's nearly there!

  15. #10245
    cadillac kevin's Avatar
    cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    5,778
    Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV

    Congrats, guys! Sounds like you both lucked into really good cars!

    On the home front, today I had the Fleetwood flatbedded to to mechanic to get all the mechanicals in order. She's nearly there!
    Haven't got it yet. It's gonna be a few weeks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting