What did you do to your car today? - Page 682
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 682 of 940 FirstFirst ... 182 582 632 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 732 782 ... LastLast
Results 10,216 to 10,230 of 14088
Like Tree7760Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; I took my car to the shop the other day and got the axle fixed, tie rods and end links ...
    trailor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00 Deville DTS, 120K Miles
    I took my car to the shop the other day and got the axle fixed, tie rods and end links done and the alignment. Car rides awesome. I also attempt to fix and install a new fuel level sensor and that was a no go.

That sucker is so stuck that they didn't want to ruin the gas tank after having the car for all day. Now I don't know what to do now.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Took Rebecca to the annual All GM show in Van Nuys, where she took second place in her class.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Congratulations, Craig, great recognition for a great car!

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Thanks!

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    More rain, i need to move back to California where summer isnt a myth..

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Heard back from dealer up in Virginia. 2004 Deville is a go for me. It's now just a matter of getting back up there and picking it up.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Might be buying another car in a month. Hint: it's one of my favorite cars ever styling wise (for the time it was a very very futuristic looking car with a drivetrain that was considered advanced for the time.) It's sat in a garage for 18 years and the guy is the original owner. He showed it to me and despite it being covered in stuff, I correctly guessed the year and model. We talked about cars for a long while then out of the blue, he offered to sell it to me if I promised to take care of it, fix it back up, and not part it out for the engine. I'll be meeting back with him in about a month, and I'll look it over and we'll see if we can come to an agreed price.
    77CDV likes this.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Got the TBSS back, the right rear air bag is all fixed, but the high idle is insanely bad after the new throttle body. Not even drivable.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Might be buying another car in a month. Hint: it's one of my favorite cars ever styling wise (for the time it was a very very futuristic looking car with a drivetrain that was considered advanced for the time.) It's sat in a garage for 18 years and the guy is the original owner. He showed it to me and despite it being covered in stuff, I correctly guessed the year and model. We talked about cars for a long while then out of the blue, he offered to sell it to me if I promised to take care of it, fix it back up, and not part it out for the engine. I'll be meeting back with him in about a month, and I'll look it over and we'll see if we can come to an agreed price.
    Let me guess, A Subaru SVX!
    ryannel2003 likes this.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Back to Gateway for more Autocross fun. I actually beat the Corvette today.

They had me joyriding the newbies to show them the course. Driving at 60% and talking and pointing out key features of the course. Some got out and still asked, "Are you sure that was 60%?" I did drift it a little to let them know not to go too fast.

We finished the autocross about 3PM so I went over to the Drag strip to watch. Lo and behold I got there just in time to see an acquaintance from Festus, MO race his XLR. (I know crappy cell phone pics)

He swears it street legal - complete with state registration and safety inspection. He kept most of the body panels from the fire wall back. Welded the Convertible top and trunk closed. He actually kept the electric windows, front, side and rear glass. See he has Missouri plates...

Everything forward of the firewall is all racecar. Twin turbo with exhaust out the side of the front fenders.

He lost in the last semi finals so by the time I got my real camera and came back to his pits he was loading it on the trailer. Damn, I should have got his VIN# for the XLR Registry.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Yikes!
    I assume the wheelie bar/parachute is quick disconnect?

Took along drive tonight after work to look at a Cadillac on one side of the county, and a boat on the other. First time I've had it up on the interstate in 6 months. 77 and humid at 8:30pm felt nice to cruise with the top down. I think it is time for a road trip soon. Just need to decide which direction to head.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Brought a new girl home, and I think the old girl likes her too!
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by orconn

Let me guess, A Subaru SVX!
    Nope. It's way oldser

Johnny_Buchanan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Allante '88
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Buchanan View Post
    Reset the codes. It was time for early afternoon cruise but Aurora's red brake warning light refused to go off and it was accompanied by engine control system fault text. I actually had to be somewhere and did not want to change cars so as desperate fix-it attempt I just cleared all codes and all resumed to normal.

Later I took a small drive of appr. 40 min., everything works so I'm inclined to think this might be yet another glitch brought on by low voltage in battery.
    Ok, apparently I was wrong, now the light is constant and there are no brakes
    indeed I'm getting b481 as current code. So, any ideas on what I'm dealing with here? ABS pump or control module failure? Something made by Bosch and unobtainable and/or very expensive in any case I guess?

-J

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    I was going to guess ZR1 Corvette. But now that you say its way older, I'm thinking turbocharged Corvair????

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.