What did you do to your car today? - Page 680
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 680 of 921 FirstFirst ... 180 580 630 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 730 780 ... LastLast
Results 10,186 to 10,200 of 13812
Like Tree7566Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Replaced the Sway Bars on Elwood with bars off a ZR1 Corvette. WOW!! What a difference! Originally Posted by STS_Seville_Hunter ...
    GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Replaced the Sway Bars on Elwood with bars off a ZR1 Corvette.

WOW!! What a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Seville_Hunter View Post
    Dealing with a yahoo auctions japan broker on getting a set of 92-02 eldorado export taillights.
    But what im most excited about is one of the most reputable spring makers has a listing for lowering springs for 94-99 Deville Concourses... And they're avalable...
    Pics or it didn't happen!!!!
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I am in awe of all your accomplishments with Ellwood! Can't wait to hear how it goes on the twisties! Best of luck!

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Installed this with CAdi509 last weekend been fuxing around with it to get it to retain memory ever since, nailed down the culprit to a loose connector on the constant wire..

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Tomorrow is the day. I'm excited but I'm not going to get so excited that I get set up for disappointment because the car could turn out to be a piece of junk. However the sellers sounded very honest and told me everything that wasn't perfect about the car which is a good sign. If I do get it Saturday will be a long day of detailing and tune-up.
    77CDV likes this.

greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '93 Cadillac SDV

It was last night, not today, but burnouts. That's what I did.

77CDV and CadillacLuke24 like this.

lacville78 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 77 Cadillac CDV

I re-riveted the trunk shield back on the 77 CDV.
    77CDV likes this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    Installed this with CAdi509 last weekend been fuxing around with it to get it to retain memory ever since, nailed down the culprit to a loose connector on the constant wire..
    Which model is that?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Just replaced the battery in the TC(duh, its the only car I have now). I knew it was wearing down but dum dum me never looked at the indicator on the battery to confirm.

Anyway, it was about dead, now not...

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Tomorrow is the day. I'm excited but I'm not going to get so excited that I get set up for disappointment because the car could turn out to be a piece of junk. However the sellers sounded very honest and told me everything that wasn't perfect about the car which is a good sign. If I do get it Saturday will be a long day of detailing and tune-up.
    Well it was a piece. Got the car on the highway and a few short bursts of WOT instantly revealed the HG's to be shot. Temp just about crawled into the red zone and was generally all over the place. Very disappointing and sad as I wanted that car but I'm definitely no idiot when it comes to a Northstar. In a turn of events the man felt so bad he is offering me a 2004 Deville w/ 116k miles and brand new Goodyear Assurance tires for $5k which is $1k less than what he wanted. Once I get confirmation on that car I'll probably head back up there next week to get it depending if it passes VA inspection. Here's praying.
    ted tcb and 77CDV like this.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
    Took her to the dealer for a wash drove to south Miami picked up a friend then drove threw the Everglades and up to Clearwater

and also happy to say that the read out for average mpg and also tank average was 29.6 mpg
    also i filled up just after leaving the house drove 268.4 miles and didn't even burn a full half tank stopped and topped off after getting to the hotel and it only took 9 gallons on a 18.5 gallon tank

STS_Seville_Hunter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 ETC, 91 STS, 98 Eldo Convertable, '93 Seville

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Replaced the Sway Bars on Elwood with bars off a ZR1 Corvette.

WOW!! What a difference!

Pics or it didn't happen!!!!
    Heres the link to the ones Im scoping http://page22.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/l184993526

And interestingly coil overs for 2000+ devilles
    http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w61818616

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Well it was a piece. Got the car on the highway and a few short bursts of WOT instantly revealed the HG's to be shot. Temp just about crawled into the red zone and was generally all over the place. Very disappointing and sad as I wanted that car but I'm definitely no idiot when it comes to a Northstar. In a turn of events the man felt so bad he is offering me a 2004 Deville w/ 116k miles and brand new Goodyear Assurance tires for $5k which is $1k less than what he wanted. Once I get confirmation on that car I'll probably head back up there next week to get it depending if it passes VA inspection. Here's praying.
    That sucks Ryan. Hopefully maybe the DeVille will work out for you. If it's any consolation the HGs should be way less of an issue.

What in the Sam Hell does it take to find a decent priced paint job?

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24

That sucks Ryan. Hopefully maybe the DeVille will work out for you. If it's any consolation the HGs should be way less of an issue.

What in the Sam Hell does it take to find a decent priced paint job?
    What do you consider decent? A driver quality paint job in the factory color without doing jambs, etc. costs about 2k, and a really nice paint job cost about 5k.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Kevin, is right. going on 13 years ago I had my Alfa 164 repainted (the early 90's clear coat had given up the ghost). I got several quotes for the job, I ended up paying $3600. for a same color paint job, exterior surface only no jams or sills. The did do a beautiful job and I was happy with it. But the $3500. price was about mid market from the quotes I got. So I would expect that Kevin's idea of price would be about right for the work in the west or mid west.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by orconn
    Kevin, is right. going on 13 years ago I had my Alfa 164 repainted (the early 90's clear coat had given up the ghost). I got several quotes for the job, I ended up paying $3600. for a same color paint job, exterior surface only no jams or sills. The did do a beautiful job and I was happy with it. But the $3500. price was about mid market from the quotes I got. So I would expect that Kevin's idea of price would be about right for the work in the west or mid west.
    Yay for lower prices (although the income in the midwest is also alot less than on the coasts.)

What did I do today?
    Went to get my car washed by roller girls, but inclement weather cancelled that. Still got to roll through town blasting late 80s rap (run DMC, beastie boys, public enemy, among others both from U.S. and U.K.) off a really nice mixtape with the windows down. Nothing like some rolling down the street blasting old school rap (non gangsta) in a big a$$ buick on a cool summer day
    77CDV and greencadillacmatt like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.