Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#2,249 ·
Woke up at 7 went to the Mechanic and had my girls new rear shocks and Cam Shaft Position sensor put it
wow bill was really low i thought it be more but he hooked me up

then went for a Road Force Balance found out the Pssanger rear wheel has a bend in it that can't be repaired needs to be replaced so that sucks

#2,252 ·
with the front still needing to be done its hard for me to tell im not really sure wht to look for in it i know that i don't hear my air compressor come on at every red light anymore
only put about 30 miles on it
im going to get up on it on the highway tonight or tomorrow and ill come back with more
i for sure notice that there is less play in the rear end that is for sure
i think if it wasn't for the out of round wheel it would be perfect in the rear
i think to know for sure if i can feel the adaption and feel it work it will need to wait till next month or so when i get the fronts done
right now im debating on weather to do the front struts or new tires all around first with a new rim or have mine fixed i found a place locale that fixes out of round rims said 70 bucks to dismount it fix the rim back to a true round and then mount and balance the tire again
still will have some curb rash on the outside of the rim so that's the only reason im debating maybe spending 150 tops if i can find a good chrome one for that used new it would be like 280 i think at least refinishes it would be that much

Rock auto has sparkle silver reconditioned for 140 each i think
but 1 of those won't match the other 3 chrome ones i have lol

but i can for sure say i feel the difference from the ones with 185k and the new ones with now 30 miles lol

sure lucked out 103.99 for 40030 and 307.99 for 40029 on amazon
i thinkt he other day i saw a Left front OEM for 425 on amazon but i looked today and it was gone

#2,251 ·
Came home to find two foot long (and curved) scratches in the trunk lid. (I hate chicago) Combined with other paint damage, I'm at about $500 in repairs, and the car hasn't even left the freaking driveway.

I'm seriously considering selling it after I fix it, and using the profit to buy a cheaper car or fix up my Deville.

#2,269 ·
how much did you pick up your wheel for i need to get a new wheel and someone near me had the nerve to tell me a grad B used wheel they wanted 250 dollars for lol
im just looking on ebay each day see what i come up with

what tires do you think your going with next ?

#2,268 ·
Drove 886 miles to Houston in 12hrs 35min.

#2,271 ·
Not today, but the other day... Scared some asshats in the parking lot.

They were playing Lacrosse (what the hell?) and one of them didn't catch the ball. I happened to notice this from the 3rd floor balcony, as the ball rolled under my car. As the kid approached, I hit the panic button on the alarm. He screamed "OH SH*T" and ran. :lol: Owned.

Otherwise, it's been sitting. Nowhere to go this week. BORING!

#2,277 ·
smithfield nc to matamoros mexico 19 hours as well. 4 guys in a blazer, stopped to gas up and balled at about 90mph the whole way. turned off the ac and cracked the back window open just right and it would basically ram air directly down into your face if you laid against the c-pillar

got to mexico, unexpectedly hit the strip club (we were 16 and 17 and they let us in, something we didnt expect) and ended up running out of money!

Had a friend send us enough for gas to get back. didnt wanna risk it so in texas we stopped at a gas station and bought a 64 oz cup and basically abused the free refill feature. I'm ashamed to admit McDonalds was one of the sources of that refill as well as some gas stations that didnt technically "support" that cup. That same McDonalds was also the source of our only meal, 1 double cheeseburger each.