What did you do to your car today? - Page 676
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 676 of 940 FirstFirst ... 176 576 626 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 726 776 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,140 of 14096
Like Tree7766Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; You better get it done. Elwood deserves to be in his "Sunday's Best" for an event!...
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: What did you do to your car today?

You better get it done. Elwood deserves to be in his "Sunday's Best" for an event!

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by Shan DeVille View Post
    I put black electrical tape eye-liner over my Carlashes because eyelashes on a DeVille just wasn't enough of a head turner lol.
    To each, uh, their own?

Congratulations on the Cadillac Ryan! Best of wishes to you and your new wheels

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Ryan, what engine/transmission combo did you have??? I know the base 325i with 180hp with the automatic transmission feels pretty damn lame in the power department. Seriously, I wouldn't consider any sort of BMW with an automatic transmission. The 180hp 325i with a manual feels so much different vs the automatic, it isn't THAT much faster, but like any car that doesn't have a lot of horsepower, it feels significantly faster with a clutch pedal.

Of course I'm a die hard manual tranny guy. The last three cars I've bought have a manual transmission. Unless its some sort of giant boat car cruiser with a column shift automatic, I'm dead set on having a 3rd pedal.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    Ryan, what engine/transmission combo did you have??? I know the base 325i with 180hp with the automatic transmission feels pretty damn lame in the power department. Seriously, I wouldn't consider any sort of BMW with an automatic transmission. The 180hp 325i with a manual feels so much different vs the automatic, it isn't THAT much faster, but like any car that doesn't have a lot of horsepower, it feels significantly faster with a clutch pedal.

Of course I'm a die hard manual tranny guy. The last three cars I've bought have a manual transmission. Unless its some sort of giant boat car cruiser with a column shift automatic, I'm dead set on having a 3rd pedal.
    It was a 323i Steptronic Automatic. Slow as a dog but I already knew that when I bought the car. For the year I owned it I enjoyed gas mileage vs. power as I was driving back and forth to school 3x a week and sometimes more (100 miles round trip). Now I'll be living less than 10 miles from school and the extra gas mileage won't matter as much as the Inline 6 isn't efficient in the city at all. Not as bad as a V8, but still nothing to brag about.

I don't like BMW manuals. They have a stiff clutch and rubbery feel to them that I would never enjoy. Plus I don't want to drive a stick in the city. No thanks. The auto's in the E46 are a mix of GM 5L40E (mine) or ZF. The transmission was quite good though the Seville's was just about perfect in smoothness and crispness.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

In my experience, BMW manual transmission have been excellent. Ryan you must have experienced an aberration. However anytime a clutch is handling more power and weight the clutch will need to have heavier input to actuate it. Corvettes, Jags and Ferraris are good examples. But I never found the 3 series BMW's clutch to be onerous ..... the same goes for the ZF box.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

I've driven a few BMW manual transmissions and don't find them to be as satisfying as Honda's manual transmission. The Honda has a great mechanically precise feeling, like a ratchet. BMW's aren't as precise feeling.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    I don't like BMW manuals. They have a stiff clutch and rubbery feel to them that I would never enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    I've driven a few BMW manual transmissions and don't find them to be as satisfying as Honda's manual transmission.
    This may explain why not a single BMW dealer in AZ will stock a manual transmission car. They will order one for a customer but absolutely will not order one for inventory. The 3 was out of the running based on other aspects after test driving an automatic but the lack of manuals to test would have made them impossible to consider anyway. I sure wasn't going to waste my (and seller's) time tracking down a used one to test drive.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    To me, Ryan was BMW ra-ra-ra 24/7. Now its sold and all I'm hearing is what wasn't liked.

hmm...
    ryannel2003 likes this.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

............. discovered that, because I'm over 70 and drive the car less than 5,000 miles per year, the car is exempt from Maryland emissions testing. That's $14 this corrupt state won't get from me come October.

EcSTSatic is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

/\ uh oh, the IRS saw that!

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

The IRS can go whiz up a rope. They're probably even more crooked than Maryland, if that's possible !
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    To me, Ryan was BMW ra-ra-ra 24/7. Now its sold and all I'm hearing is what wasn't liked.

hmm...
    Great cars. It's hard when somebody like me loves BMW's and Cadillac's and don't need both. I still think the new 3 Series is a better car than the ATS.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Wasn't it just a few months ago that Ryan said he had enjoyed his time with the Seville, but he'd never go back to a vehicle of similar fundamentals after driving a smaller, nimbler car? To think I got slammed for questioning whether he knew what he actually wanted or not...
    vincentm likes this.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    Paging Night Wolf!

I'd enjoy a stick in a small sporty car that was more of a toy than a daily driver. It's fun to run through the gears, but after 15 clutch-gas-shift cycles in heavy traffic, it gets old fast.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    To think I got slammed for questioning whether he knew what he actually wanted or not...
    Nah, you just get slammed because nobody likes you.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!

Here's a good read.

motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1302_2012_bmw_335i_2013_cadillac_ats_mercedes_benz _c350_comparison/viewall.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.