What did you do to your car today? - Page 675
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 675 of 880 FirstFirst ... 175 575 625 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 725 775 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 13193
Like Tree7098Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by ryannel2003 If my BMW sells this week and this car checks out ok, I'll be driving this ...
    Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    If my BMW sells this week and this car checks out ok, I'll be driving this at the end of the week:

STS
    Nice choice and love the 17" wheels!

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03 View Post
    Nice choice and love the 17" wheels!
    Thanks! Good mileage, good price, and good color combo. The lady coming to check out the BMW tomorrow is very interested so I don't think it will be with me much longer which is a bit sad, but I will be happy with another Seville.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Why are you leaving your beloved BMW?
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor
    Washed my Vette and put it in a car show for Father's Day, I even let my Dad drive it since he did buy it new in October of 1968.

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    Why are you leaving your beloved BMW?
    It's a great car don't get me wrong but it's too stiff and sterile for everyday driving. It's great on a fun road but what it does there it lacks in downright power and comfort. They are both great cars but the Seville will always have that slight edge for me and the time has come to get back into one. If something happens and the sale falls through on the BMW I won't be upset because it's a great car and I still enjoy it. It's a win-win situation.

I gotcha, so the BMW is a 9/10 and the Seville is a 10/10?

I could always tell you liked your STS more, from the first time you bought that E46. Hope you can find an STS without as many finicky issues as they're known for.

E46's can be very sterile, depending on the trim and color combination. A nice red or blue with the beige full leather interior and burl walnut trim is a very luxurious car. Black or grey leatherette interior with the faux metal trim seems like something out of a VW.

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    I gotcha, so the BMW is a 9/10 and the Seville is a 10/10?

I could always tell you liked your STS more, from the first time you bought that E46. Hope you can find an STS without as many finicky issues as they're known for.

E46's can be very sterile, depending on the trim and color combination. A nice red or blue with the beige full leather interior and burl walnut trim is a very luxurious car. Black or grey leatherette interior with the faux metal trim seems like something out of a VW.
    With me i'm very inconsistant and it's hard for me to make a decision so even selling my BMW is difficult because I become attached to things so easily but when I drove that '01 SLS last weekend I had completely forgotten how comfortable and wonderful the Seville was. It was seriously a feeling I can't describe but being back in a car of that caliber just felt perfect. Ian and Jesda both confirmed that the '01+ Seville's were much better cars and I can attribute that. The '98-'00 were of middling quality and imperfect engines. The later models, while not free of engine problems were of higher quality and didn't feel like they were ready to break. Still gotta watch out for suspension issues though.
    My car with burl wood trim and black leatherette is a bit too plain. I love the interior design but it's so dark and feels too small sometimes. When I first bought the car I thought I could get used to that but I prefer the more inviting interior of my STS. I miss that Bose stereo too.

On my car scale, the BMW is a 10/10. Unfortunately for it the Seville is more like a 15/10. It's just so perfect that it erases all the flaws the car have.

I couldn't do a car with a black interior. Total deal killer for me. Too claustrophobic. Grey is sterile but OK, a lot better with a sunroof and a lot of glass, to give it an airy, open feeling. Beige, tan and white is where it's at for me.
    77CDV likes this.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

With me i'm very inconsistant and it's hard for me to make a decision so even selling my BMW is difficult because I become attached to things so easily but when I drove that '01 SLS last weekend I had completely forgotten how comfortable and wonderful the Seville was. It was seriously a feeling I can't describe but being back in a car of that caliber just felt perfect. Ian and Jesda both confirmed that the '01+ Seville's were much better cars and I can attribute that. The '98-'00 were of middling quality and imperfect engines. The later models, while not free of engine problems were of higher quality and didn't feel like they were ready to break. Still gotta watch out for suspension issues though.
    My car with burl wood trim and black leatherette is a bit too plain. I love the interior design but it's so dark and feels too small sometimes. When I first bought the car I thought I could get used to that but I prefer the more inviting interior of my STS. I miss that Bose stereo too.

On my car scale, the BMW is a 10/10. Unfortunately for it the Seville is more like a 15/10. It's just so perfect that it erases all the flaws the car have.
    Once you go Cadillac, you, uh, occasionally go back?

It will be somewhat disappointing to see the BMW go, as you've had much enjoyment behind the wheel. But if some of your FB posts are any indication, you'll be happy to be behind the wheel of a Northstar V8 once again
    gdwriter likes this.

Well, the car just sold. I will be back in a Cadillac by no later than Thursday.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Well, the car just sold. I will be back in a Cadillac by no later than Thursday.
    Welcome back.
    ryannel2003 likes this.

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

Welcome back man!!!! Can't wait to see the new car!

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03 View Post
    Welcome back man!!!! Can't wait to see the new car!
    And new avatar.
    Cadillac Kid03 and bigm57ict like this.

Shan DeVille is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan DeVille

I put black electrical tape eye-liner over my Carlashes because eyelashes on a DeVille just wasn't enough of a head turner lol.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Left ELWOOD outside in a torrential rain storm while I worked on Mom's house. Hope I don't get any water in the trunk!?!?!

Oh and I picked up my ZR1 sway bars, cleaned off the headers, bought VHT flat black Ceramic Header paint and misc. expendables for the installs.

Fingers crossed I can get all this done before the Super Chevy Show this weekend.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.