What did you do to your car today? - Page 670
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 670 of 939 FirstFirst ... 170 570 620 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 720 770 ... LastLast
Results 10,036 to 10,050 of 14074
Like Tree7759Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by The-Dullahan Whiskey, Wrenches and Wenches. Oil change party. One of the best ways to make use of ...
    Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan
    Whiskey, Wrenches and Wenches.

Oil change party. One of the best ways to make use of funnels, ratchets, beer, bikinis and hamburgers all at once.
    An oil changing party includes spilling some oil on the street an doing some drifts, otherwise it's just changing oil.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Re: What did you do to your car today?

What did you do to your car today?
    The 1993 Eldorado kicked my brain; will have to regroup.

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Not today but yesterday, I washed and waxed every square inch of the 86 Brougham. I am not doing anything today but recovering from doing it. That car is bigger than I remember it being last week.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Autocross... in the rain.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

Cleaned bird crap off of two Cadillac's today and put tire shine on one. Then went to Gold coast sat in a 07 STS and boy was it nice!

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    That car looks good but the small pictures don't really help. It's like he is trying to hide something bigger. But it's definitely a good looking car. I'm thinking I might just want an SLS at this point since the suspension isn't so expensive to replace but it turns out there are more clean STS's for sale.

However nothing can happen until the BMW is sold and nobody is interested. Price is at $5200 which I think is very, very good for a car that has had so much work done to it. I'm thinking I'll get calls on it eventually but I'd like to go ahead and get into another Cadillac. I'll just have to be patient.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

Many people have the misconception that recent repairs (and new tires is a popular one) affects the value of a car. It doesn't. A good running car is worth what the market determines a good running car is worth. - whether it's needed extensive repair recently or not is irrelevant to the value.
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

I think that this BMW is worth more money than other cars simply because it's basically been re-done. Considering all the crappy E46's I have seen locally going for much more than mine there will be a person out there who buys this car simply because it's been well maintained. Anybody buying a used E46 3 Series is going to have to drop at least $2k to get the car running decently including suspension and cooling system maintenance. If nobody buys this car that's fine with me but I would sell it for a penny less than $5k considering all the junk out there going for $6k-$7k these days.

I also completely forgot about the Buick Park Avenue. That might be a better car considering how much more reliable they are than the Seville's and the engine's are much better than the Northstar. Plus I have always like the styling.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    Many people have the misconception that recent repairs (and new tires is a popular one) affects the value of a car. It doesn't. A good running car is worth what the market determines a good running car is worth. - whether it's needed extensive repair recently or not is irrelevant to the value.
    ....that's the way it worked when I was in the biz....you deducted for repairs needed, not add for bringing the car back to working order.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

What happened to Ryan?

Just kidding dude. Hopefully you find something you like, and is easy on the ol' wallet.

My hood was uneven by just a tad on the front. A few turns of the hood bumpstops later and the alignment is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post
    What happened to Ryan?

Just kidding dude. Hopefully you find something you like, and is easy on the ol' wallet.

My hood was uneven by just a tad on the front. A few turns of the hood bumpstops later and the alignment is perfect.
    Lol I guess I'm just looking for something more comfortable and softer. Having a sporty car is cool and all but once you get a bit older having something soft and comfortable is just all you want. I'm also expanding my search to 2000+ Deville's. They are more plentiful and tend to be cheaper to purchase.

bigm57ict is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1979 Coupe deVille

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post
    They musta added that in '96 for the bases. A Northstar option?

Differences?

VIN 9 Northstar (300 hp/ 295 lb/ft torque) for Concours, VIN Y (275 hp/300 lb/ft torque) for DeVille (and later D'Elegance).
    Transmission Final Drive Ratio is 3.71-1 in Concours, 3.11-1 in DeVille (and D'Elegance).

The Concours always had exclusively styled wheels, no sail panel emblems, different trim (94-96) or an additional nameplate (97-99), perforated leather seating areas, Analog instrumentation (97-99), floor mounted shifter (97-99), rear vanity mirrors (97-99), grille ornament as opposed to hood ornament, and I also believe the 97-99 Concours DeVilles had body colored grilles.

The Concours model was also fitted with CVRSS 97-99. My manual says 96 Concours models had CVRSS as well. Can't speak for 94 and 95.

We've mentioned the fender skirts

I think that covers it.
    Excellent synopsis on the differences.
    BTW, I think the "traction control off" button came with any car that had traction control. My '95 base has it as well. Of course, if you want it off all the time, you have to press the button for each ignition cycle.

----------

On the topic of over-priced used cars - I came across a beautiful '95 SDV in a nearby car lot. It was black (not real common), and had only 46,000 miles on it. I told them I like my '95 so much, I'm tempted to trade for another, low mileage one. I said I couldn't come close to their asking price of $7000, though. I paid half that for mine 5 years ago and it was just as nice looking. He just shrugged his shoulders and told me they are hard to find now.

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Washed the STS since it looked like no rain this week. Car rides great with the new struts and shocks. It hasn't stalled since I replaced the 2 crank position sensors.
    I need to find a coolant leak. I get a small puddle between the tires, slightly over to the drivers side. Can't isolate the source.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Quote Originally Posted by EcSTSatic View Post
    Washed the STS since it looked like no rain this week. Car rides great with the new struts and shocks. It hasn't stalled since I replaced the 2 crank position sensors.
    I need to find a coolant leak. I get a small puddle between the tires, slightly over to the drivers side. Can't isolate the source.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    Your friendly pharmacist with all the advice you need to help solve your immediate problem!
    77CDV and 77CDV like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.