What did you do to your car today? - Page 669
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 669 of 927 FirstFirst ... 169 569 619 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 719 769 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,035 of 13895
Like Tree7643Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by ryannel2003 I would assume the earlier model Concours had the RSS the Seville STS's had but I'm ...
    Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    I would assume the earlier model Concours had the RSS the Seville STS's had but I'm not for sure about that.

Oh and we got hit by TS Andrea here so i did nothing. However I've been trying to sell my car to buy this beauty:

STS

No offers so far but I'm hoping somebody is interested soon. I'm ready to get back into a Cadillac.
    I love that body style and color man nice choice but why that gen Seville over the 98-04?

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

It's harder to find a clean 5th Gen Seville in decent shape at this point. All of the ones I have checked out need some kind of reconditioning and I don't think these cars are worth a penny over $8k so this one just kinda popped up. I like both Gen's just about equally plus these are higher quality and don't have the suspension issues the newer cars do.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    I find the 4th gen seville to have a much more clean and crisp design over the 5th gen. IMO the restyle and rounding off of the car was a step down in styling.

As I have gotten older I have come to appreciate the 4th gen cars much more than I used to. The newer cars have a much nicer interior with better seats and stereo though so it's a toss-up as to which is "better". I haven't driven a 4th gen in years but the ride was softer and it didn't have the tire balancing issues like the new cars do.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    I have been taking my motorbike to work lately, due to the tropical storm's heavy rain and strong winds.

Floridians are afraid of this weather. Ten year later, I haven't figured out why.

Reminds me of a fable about an old crow and a young cardinal.

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

It's harder to find a clean 5th Gen Seville in decent shape at this point. All of the ones I have checked out need some kind of reconditioning and I don't think these cars are worth a penny over $8k so this one just kinda popped up. I like both Gen's just about equally plus these are higher quality and don't have the suspension issues the newer cars do.
    Yea it is hard trying to find a 5th gen Seville in good shape but you can. So the 96 never came with a Bose?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03 View Post
    Yea it is hard trying to find a 5th gen Seville in good shape but you can. So the 96 never came with a Bose?
    It did but the not the Bose 4.0. I did test drive an '01 SLS today that I'm very interested in; 101k miles. Paint was in perfect shape and the interior was extremely clean. Engine looked clean as well and the trunk was dry. Dealer wanted $10k which is laughable. I had told them I wouldn't pay a penny over $7k and they said they could work that out but doing some research it doesn't seem that the car is worth a penny over $6k. The A/C was warm on the drivers side which could be either low freon or a leaking line (my 2000 turned out to be a leaky line). No codes either. That said once the BMW is sold I will be actively searching more and more. I have a few I'm interested in.

'00 STS
    '02 SLS
    '02 STS
    '03 STS
    '02 STS

These are just a few lol. Apparently there are more 5th Gen's than I thought but I wasn't searching as hard as I am now. My limit is $7k I wouldn't spend a penny more than that for one. I'd prefer to keep it around $6k just because I know these cars are practically worthless on the used market.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I own a STS that is almost identical to the you have found, but mine is a 1995 but is it is the same color, but it has the Bose "Gold" system. Owning both a 5th and a 4th series Sevilles, I find the 4th Series car to have more comfortable seats and leather facings that stand up better to the passage of time. I also fin the the black plastic control insert for the HVAC and radio on the 5th series to look cheap and sub par for a car of this caliber. I also find the 4th series Seville to be more comfortable on the open road, but the 5th series car handles a bit more nimbly.

I really don't understand why a young guy of your age would want to give up his BMW 3 series for a Cadillac, even a Seville. But then I would trade my Seville STS with 78,000 miles on it for my son's 2006 3 series BMW .... even if he gave extra money!

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Good luck Ryan. Hopefully you find one you like.

Captain car nerd found his Cadillac at his summer home AND school parking spot (on bing), and it took awhile, but I found me driving down the road in Laramie (on Google). I'm a happy camper.
    77CDV and 77CDV like this.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    I own a STS that is almost identical to the you have found, but mine is a 1995 but is it is the same color, but it has the Bose "Gold" system. Owning both a 5th and a 4th series Sevilles, I find the 4th Series car to have more comfortable seats and leather facings that stand up better to the passage of time. I also fin the the black plastic control insert for the HVAC and radio on the 5th series to look cheap and sub par for a car of this caliber. I also find the 4th series Seville to be more comfortable on the open road, but the 5th series car handles a bit more nimbly.

I really don't understand why a young guy of your age would want to give up his BMW 3 series for a Cadillac, even a Seville. But then I would trade my Seville STS with 78,000 miles on it for my son's 2006 3 series BMW .... even if he gave extra money!
    Don't get me wrong the BMW is a fabulous car but I prefer the smooth ride and big, comfortable seats of the Cadillac. After a year I've realized the Cadillac was just a better car for me and today was the first time I had driven a Seville since I wrecked mine. I immediately felt at home driving it and it was as comfortable as I remember. The BMW is harsher and I can't ever get comfortable in the seats which is something I learned to deal with. If the BMW doesn't sell i have no problems at all keeping the car and driving it but if I can get an offer I feel is good it's gone. I have to negotiate on that '01 though. Otherwise one of those cars listed above or the '96 will be in my driveway. The only thing that scares me about the '96 is the HG's.

^^^ I understand your concern about the HG issue seeing a the Seville you owned had that problem so early in its' life. I am of the school that the HG problem is highly over done, but with any high performance automobile there will always be problems that could lead to the need for expensive work. If potential maintenance expenses are a factor in your choice you might want to consider a post 2002 SLS. The real reason I prefer the STS when it comes to the 4th series has to do with its' appearance rather than its' performance. With the post 2000 SLS's you don't have to contend with all the chrome and black rubber they piled on the 4th generation SLS Sevilles. The suspension components on the 5th generation SLS's are much cheaper and easier to deal with than those of the 5th series STS models.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

It did but the not the Bose 4.0. I did test drive an '01 SLS today that I'm very interested in; 101k miles. Paint was in perfect shape and the interior was extremely clean. Engine looked clean as well and the trunk was dry. Dealer wanted $10k which is laughable. I had told them I wouldn't pay a penny over $7k and they said they could work that out but doing some research it doesn't seem that the car is worth a penny over $6k. The A/C was warm on the drivers side which could be either low freon or a leaking line (my 2000 turned out to be a leaky line). No codes either. That said once the BMW is sold I will be actively searching more and more. I have a few I'm interested in.

'00 STS
    '02 SLS
    '02 STS
    '03 STS
    '02 STS

These are just a few lol. Apparently there are more 5th Gen's than I thought but I wasn't searching as hard as I am now. My limit is $7k I wouldn't spend a penny more than that for one. I'd prefer to keep it around $6k just because I know these cars are practically worthless on the used market.
    Too far?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...c5614f&vxp=mtr

HAZZARDJOHN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe deVille d'Elegance, 05 Lesabre,91 Suburban 4x4

I drove to a car show that I put in my calendar Today, only to find out it is actually tomorrow. The worst part is my Friend Scotty got up at 7 am and loaded his car with his kid to caravan there. I felt like a dunce.

Look at it this way, John, you should find a good parking spot!

Jailtime is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

Apparently there are more 5th Gen's than I thought but I wasn't searching as hard as I am now. My limit is $7k I wouldn't spend a penny more than that for one. I'd prefer to keep it around $6k just because I know these cars are practically worthless on the used market.
    I'd be on that 03 STS like white on rice if I was looking for a Seville. Low miles, looks well kept to me. And you get F55 suspension on that one. Didn't the 96 have CVRSS?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.