What did you do to your car today? - Page 639
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 639 of 929 FirstFirst ... 139 539 589 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 689 739 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 13934
Like Tree7674Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Today I just finished cleaning up after installing a new power window regulator in the driver's door of my wife's ...
    Kev
    Kev is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Today I just finished cleaning up after installing a new power window regulator in the driver's door of my wife's '96 Grand Am. I'm looking forward to getting back to work and the day that I can afford to buy her a nice little CTS to drive and have someone else fix it when it breaks!

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    OMG! This is very different from the image I have in my mind! You have a very strong, muscular, and manly face! I thought you are going to have a sweat, physically slim, kid face! Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with your or the image I have in my mind. They are just very different, But still I know as a fact that behind that strong, manly face, there is a very kind human being!
    that's the image I had in my mind until I talked to Luke on the phone. He has a deep manly voice behind that manly face.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    While replacing the balljoints on an Olds Cutlass, a postcard came in the mail. Wrongfully addressed with a return to sender stamp, it arrives anyhow, I suppose because the postman knows me.

I instantly identified it as it had the Roowagon on it. It had a cool GTO stamp on it too.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Indeed, the stamps were planned.

bwv565 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ford Mustang, 2004 Mazda MX-5 Miata GT

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Good luck with those steering shakes. I owned the car for 3 1/2 years and never got completely rid of them and I learned to live with it.
    Check out the results of my service visit today to the Caddy dealer, ryannel: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-today-re.html

greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '94 Jeep GC LTD

It breached 70* here today!!! So after work I went for a little cruise in the sun. I even got to wear my swanky shades.

(I know, I need to vacuum. LoL.)

I checked the mail when I got home, and found this from a certain CF member that LIKES the fender I got him.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Turned the A/C on the LeSabre for the first time this year, still works after 22 years!
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

^^^ It is always nice to get the appreciation you deserve!

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Today, I finished 7 hours of detailing.

The car finally hit the dealer (150 miles from me) Thursday. I made sure they didn't do ANYTHING cosmetic to the car. That ensures none or minimal scratches in the paint or interior AND is the ONLY way you can know about any paint correction done to the car post-factory. The 4 weeks of transit dust lets you know its untouched. I can live with corrections within reason, but I definitely want to KNOW what is done, not find out x years from now that the clear had been buffed down to nothing to get some scratches out, or like my '79 Toronado, one side of the car had been repainted by the dealer. Fortunately, nothing needing correction was visible and anything that would be noticable only after cleaning would be so slight I'd rather fix it myself.

I drove it home Friday (150 miles), took off the plastic sheets and seemingly infinite little stickers they ship it with, gave it a bath, clayed it and put on the first layer of sealer. Then today I detailed the interior, wheels and put another layer of sealer on the paint. Tomorrow I'll set all the options, pair the phones, etc..

I prefer to buy cars outright but my wife said: don't be a chump, take the 36 month zero interest incentive and let the purchase price keep earning for us. I was surprised they financed the bottom line (minus my $1000 initial deposit) including nearly $4k of sales tax, almost a grand for plates and the dealer document fees. I don't know if that was a mistake, but I can't understand why Cadillac (who is footing the bill) would include anything but the selling price of the car. Or maybe they just cap it at MSRP no matter what you pay. Weird.

I wasn't thrilled they wouldn't title the car to our trust because it was financed. I think its doable but many lenders, including the ones GM uses for the incentives won't. Having one car out of the trust is not so bad but it means I might have to change insurance companies. A lot of them won't apply multi-car discounts unless the vehicles have the same owner. I'll find out Monday.

Thanks to the heads up in these forums I made sure I got the LAST iPad the dealer received, not one they forgot to hand out last year. So it was an iPad 4. The packaging is awesome. I don't know what the box was made of but it reminded me of the monolith in 2001. Its black and NO light seems to escape it. I've never seen anything so NOT reflective. I've seen pictures but they don't do it justice.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    My Vogue center caps have been deteriorating for quite some time now. So they needed replacing. After a long and tiresome search, they werent around anymore, so i went with these, which i like much better anyway, more original.

Also located the missing bolts needed to remount my caliper and got'er done

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I agree, Vince, I think those center caps you have now look much better than the Vogues.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    I agree, Vince, I think those center caps you have now look much better than the Vogues.
    Thanks. Ive plans to replace the ETC emblem with an "Eldorado" from an earlier model (hate the whole acronym naming convention, and i refuse to be part of it. Ive an Eldorado, not an ETC.) I'll also replace the 32v Northstar one too, as well as add the chrome pillar crest and wreaths once the vehicle is painted.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    Thanks. Ive plans to replace the ETC emblem with an "Eldorado" from an earlier model (hate the whole acronym naming convention, and i refuse to be part of it. Ive an Eldorado, not an ETC.) I'll also replace the 32v Northstar one too, as well as add the chrome pillar crest and wreaths once the vehicle is painted.
    I've never heard of somebody refer to an Eldorado as an ETC before.

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    I've never heard of somebody refer to an Eldorado as an ETC before.
    I know. But i'm still doing away with the ETC emblem if i can

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    I know. But i'm still doing away with the ETC emblem if i can
    Can't blame you there. Did they ever have Eldorado written there? The earlier cars just had the 32V Northstar emblem I think.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.