What did you do to your car today? - Page 629
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 629 of 924 FirstFirst ... 129 529 579 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 679 729 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 13853
Like Tree7608Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by cadillac kevin Went on a test drive with my mechanic this morning in the equinox. Couldn't get ...
    CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Went on a test drive with my mechanic this morning in the equinox. Couldn't get it to act up. He thinks that some debris (rock maybe) could have gotten up in the pad or the caliper got stuck (possible given I drove it alot that day and he said if the brakes get hot, the caliper could stick) or (less likely) the pad could have cracked. He said all 3 of these could cause both the grinding/ rubbing noise and faint smell I experienced, but he's leaning towards the debris between the caliper and pad (since it's not doing anything anymore). He's going to look everything over really well on the rack to make sure nothing's wrong with it. I'm hoping it is nothing major (or nothing at all).
    Good luck dude. I hate it when you have a problem, and when you go in to have it looked at, it freaking disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    Its really awesome that this community comes together to help out eachother, even though most of us never met in person or might not ever but there's alot here whom went out of their way to send me parts etc, i consider true friends..
    My thoughts exactly. I haven't seen any of you guys in person, but you guys are like family. Granted, the weirdest collection of individuals ever, but I approve

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Dropped it off at the dealership for a rattling noise during idle/acceleration. Broken left catalytic converter, which had to be ordered. Gonna be a few days for it to come in.
    ~Steve

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Equinox got a clean bill of health. Everything on the right front corner is intact and working as it should. Best the mechanic can figure, a rock got stuck in between the pad and rotor and fell out on the tow home or the caliper was stuck and got unstuck from sticking.
    Also talked with my mechanic and he agreed to let me use one of his bays and his tools for changing out the springs and shocks on the caddy.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Third wash in as many days. Time to put Elwood in the garage and cover it till Cars & Coffee on the 20th.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Washed the caddy and the lesabre. Lesabre looks pretty good (didn't hand dry it though, so it had some water spots, but man it shines). Caddys looks mediocre. I think the paint has gotten to the point that it's beyond bringing back. It has permanent stains in it on the hood and trunk and its cracked on the hood, trunk, and front clip. I guess I'll save up and get a paint job in a couple years (body guy said his basic paint job (what he recommends for an average daily driver car) in the same color as the car (so no jambs/ interior/ trunk/ engine bay need to be done) costs about 2k

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Kevin, if its got what I call those "crows feet" in the paint, its completely toast. No polishing those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000
    Kevin, if its got what I call those "crows feet" in the paint, its completely toast. No polishing those out.
    Yup....it's crows feet.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post
    Thank you Matt!

I am absolutely giddy with excitement. Can't say it enough, you guys ROCK!!
    Matt is a class act!
    Now that it is getting to top down weather, I will soon be enjoying the fruit of his generosity. (I have carefully tended it's temp and humidity all winter!)

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    Its really awesome that this community comes together to help out eachother, even though most of us never met in person or might not ever but there's alot here whom went out of their way to send me parts etc, i consider true friends..
    I can only hope that someday we do meet up. I value all the gang here, and while we may argue like cats and dogs there isn't a person here who would not help out if needed.
    It is like family. We beat each other up (verbally), but "May God help a stranger who tries to!"

My thoughts exactly. I haven't seen any of you guys in person, but you guys are like family. Granted, the weirdest collection of individuals ever, but I approve
    If I ever win that damn Powerball I will fly everyone in for a party!

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

you guys are like family. Granted, the weirdest collection of individuals ever, but I approve
    And there you have it.

Washed my hoopties

Replaced a spark plug wire

Hmmm....wonder what was wrong...

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Work and work and work. I rather like my life

Tomorrow though, I have to attend some fancy banquet and receive an award. Lame.

I have not yet decided which vehicle I will actually take there.

I wish I had some sort of rusty thing with an oil leak. That would be arriving in true style.

nate6138 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Deville
    On my 97 Deville i changed out the spark plugs and wires cleaned out the throttle body and replaced the fuel pump. Runs like a brand new vehicle now. Amazing how much power these cars have.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    Tomorrow though, I have to attend some fancy banquet and receive an award. Lame.
    I am pretty sure that my question will be replied by another very strange story, possibility accompanied by a few more strange pics. But I am going to ask this question anyway: What is this award for?

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Every scar from every city, every bar, every state, and everything in between.

An award for [possibly too long of] a length of service and [the ability to make it appear as if I possess] true skill at my job.

oldcaddybuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 STS|1996 FWB(x2)|2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD

Dropped the STS off for a noise coming from the engine, a loose driver seat, and navigation issues.

They gave me a XTS Premium to drive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.