What did you do to your car today? - Page 619
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 619 of 929 FirstFirst ... 119 519 569 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 669 719 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,285 of 13923
Like Tree7666Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by 77CDV Who's petting the Roowagon, Ray? That's my mom, actually....
    Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    Who's petting the Roowagon, Ray?
    That's my mom, actually.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by cadi509 View Post
    Washed all the road grime off after going to Portland, Or for the weekend,the r1 concept brakes perform great I'm quite impressed..... Did a bunch of brewery hopping and tasting Saturday and picked up a new steering wheel for Vincentm

Im gonna be switching lanes with grain.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

We had a meetup back in October and gave out trophies, including a Peoples' Choice and a Celebrities' Choice.

We didn't have any DeLoreans (My car is well known for disliking them) but we had GoGo Dancers, Dj's, a Rave, Celebrities, several bars and an open bar tab for the lot of us, because that is the kind of nonsense that is usually takes to summon Graveyard Mafia from our hiding spots and get us out in the open, all together in one place (The courtyard of a fancy Hilton resort). Rumour has it, that "Some Kilted Irish Guy showed up, drank all the booze, won all the trophies and got all the women pregnant." but I deter the spreading of rumours.

I chose not to wash my car for the event.

But that didn't hurt Her score whatsoever and the "People" all loved Her anyhow.

While we didn't have DeLoreans, the 32nd Annual National Lotus Owners Gathering was at the same place, at the same time. (We claimed the courtyard for our handful of cars, so they put all theirs (hundreds) on the other side of the building. They were some cool guys, though.

I don't have any photos of their meet, but we all kind of cross-mingled and showed up at one anothers' parties all weekend. We took notice of them right away, when we saw them spelling something out from one of our out-of-state members' (I am actually the only Local one) upper-floor hotel rooms on one side of the building. (That and there being an unusually high number of Loti in the area, all of a sudden)

77CDV, 77CDV, talismandave and 1 others like this.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Calculated the fuel economy in my truck for the first time in several months, got 23.7mpg driving like an idiot. IE banging through the first three gears every time I get on the highway with nobody in front of me, driving 75-90mph on the way to work, just generally driving like I hate it. Decided to try and "hypermile" this fill-up. I'm not doing any of that dangerous bs like merging at 40mph, driving 50mph on the interstate, doing turns at 30mph to conserve momentum, just going to drive like a sane person, never rev it out, short shift, skip gears, keep the speeds at 60-70mph on the commute.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Working on the console
    77CDV, 77CDV, The-Dullahan and 1 others like this.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    Calculated the fuel economy in my truck for the first time in several months, got 23.7mpg driving like an idiot. IE banging through the first three gears every time I get on the highway with nobody in front of me, driving 75-90mph on the way to work, just generally driving like I hate it. Decided to try and "hypermile" this fill-up. I'm not doing any of that dangerous bs like merging at 40mph, driving 50mph on the interstate, doing turns at 30mph to conserve momentum, just going to drive like a sane person, never rev it out, short shift, skip gears, keep the speeds at 60-70mph on the commute.
    You're going to get 23.9 with your feather foot, go have fun instead.

My ridiculous truck gets 11.1 city /14 hwy (17 hwy if I stay below 72MPH and that's never going to happen again.).

The upside? I got my new headlights today, now to toss that yellowed out POS on the left front.

I do not support using a vehicle that gets over 7 mpg for a daily driver. I WILL accept that for a beater, but the beater must not get over 10 mpg on high octane.

So be it written, so be it done.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan
    I do not support using a vehicle that gets over 7 mpg for a daily driver. I WILL accept that for a beater, but the beater must not get over 10 mpg on high octane.

So be it written, so be it done.
    You're killin me here.

Oh, you like that!

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Picked up some interior panels that i badly needed, thanks to Cadi509 who linked me (again) to another Eldorado carcass, this time, black on black that was being parted out in Portland. Snagged me the interior panels and the crown jewel a woodgrain steering wheel

I wont put these on until i get my windows tinted as i dont want any of them to start peeling, mainly the rear. I have to say Charles is a great friend, this is the second times he's come through for me in helping me in the journey of getting my Eldo restored to "new".

cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int
    Always on the lookout for tinkering

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Any white DeVilles like mine up there?

All prying aside, the weather is going to be beautiful tomorrow. I am finally going to give her a bath

Quote Originally Posted by Koooop View Post
    You're killin me here.

Oh, you like that!
    Completely serious. My two Fords are my most economical vehicles, but I don't drive them. (And funny thing, the new one I bought sight unseen from Ford back in October has only been driven by me twice, totaling less than fifteen minutes). Cadillac Style.

My only car ever designated as a "Beater" was my '72 Lincoln. If it hadn't been carbombed, I'd still rock it's impressive 10 MPG, which was enough to make me brandish it as a "Small Economy Car"

----------

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post
    Any white DeVilles like mine up there?

All prying aside, the weather is going to be beautiful tomorrow. I am finally going to give her a bath
    My local yard has DeVilles...now if only someone told me WHICH fender they were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan

Completely serious. My two Fords are my most economical vehicles, but I don't drive them. (And funny thing, the new one I bought sight unseen from Ford back in October has only been driven by me twice, totaling less than fifteen minutes). Cadillac Style.

My only car ever designated as a "Beater" was my '72 Lincoln. If it hadn't been carbombed, I'd still rock it's impressive 10 MPG, which was enough to make me brandish it as a "Small Economy Car"

----------

My local yard has DeVilles...now if only someone told me WHICH fender they were looking for.
    I don't drive cars that make less than 400hp, I know about the crappy MPG thing. Difference is mine haul ass, yours haul... Well, what do you haul in a vintage hearse?
    The-Dullahan and The-Dullahan like this.

They haul award-winning stereo systems and on most weeknights, the finest nude women this particular continent has to offer.

No, it doesn't have 400 Horsepower...But it will once I find a new rearend for it. Regardless, I have a charged 510 CID Chevelle for that , but it is a pro track car though, so I don't haul anything in it. No point in adding extra weight. I use my GTO for hauling, so long as it's Booze and (you guessed it) women. Usually my employees.

Of course, the true trophy for hauling booze goes to my friend's '67 Olds, which seven years ago, we used to make night runs to sell liqueur to people who could not access it by traditional means, due to legal restrictions and guidelines set by the company that owned the property they were staying at (Company will remain unnamed, but employs several thousand interns at any given time and issues them an apartment in one of their many complexes) where her and I would gather a third friend and each make a few extra thousand every night. Of course, I was only eighteen back then, so a few thousand a night was a lot of money to me.

In my ripe old age I can still look back at it and laugh through my retirement at the things I did when I was a kid.

For good measure though, my 16.4 Litre truck is good at hauling anything, usually my other cars, but lately it has been put to use transporting other fullsize "Adult" trucks. Good money in that, since that extra income from selling beverages to college interns from when I was younger couldn't fund my hobbies anymore, even if we were still doing it.

That being said, none of my vehicles get "Crappy" MPG. They actually use gas VERY well and I max out the pumps every time I buy gas (Where I live, you cannot get more than $75 per transaction). Well, I guess my Triumph does, but all motorbikes get horrible MPG. I am actually a bit ashamed to say I even own a vehicle that uses petrol so efficiently, but since it's not American, I can forgive it for this obvious flaw.

I prefer to do my part, since someplace out there there is an asshat in a Prius who is not using his share of petrol. We should deport treasonous bastards like that. These sick F**ks actually pride themselves on getting high MPG numbers. Absolutely disgusting.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Ouch.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.