What did you do to your car today? - Page 60
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 880 FirstFirst ... 10 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 110 160 560 ... LastLast
Like Tree7092Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; This was in the suburbs, it's even more in the city. I'm pretty sure Chicago has the highest gas prices ...
    gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Re: What did you do to your car today?

This was in the suburbs, it's even more in the city. I'm pretty sure Chicago has the highest gas prices in the country right now.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Damn gas just when down here... Regular hit 3.95 two days ago but last night I saw it for 3.84. It's ridiculous.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    filled up
    I paid .15 less this morning. Lake County ftw.

I think the City of Chicago has been leading the nation for the last couple of years.

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

Plus the infamous summer blend forumla hit the market at the beginning of the month, and they usually take that opportunity to knock the price up another 10 cents a gallon in the Chicago area.

Gas Buddy currently showing $4.70-$4.80 for premium in the O'Hare / Chicao city area. DuPage county (due west of Chicago, lower taxes) looks to be around $4.55-$4.70. And northwest Indiana (a.k.a., far south suburbs) runs $4.30-$4.50. Typical spread.

NW burbs up where I live are usually lower than the rest of chicagoland.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

filled up

Holy f*cking extortion, Batman!

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

topped here of with 87 regular from Shell for 3.97 a gallon before rebate

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

This was in the suburbs, it's even more in the city. I'm pretty sure Chicago has the highest gas prices in the country right now.
    Yep. Our local news radio has a weekly gas price report and Chicago is consistently on top. Maybe logistics in getting fuel there?

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

It's expensive in the city because of the city tax for one. But there's a pretty big refinery here. So I don't know. It's a dubious honor being number one.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

1500 hours. Finally got around to finishing the install of the EBC slotted rotors and Redstuff pads. Been sitting in the shop for a year. Piece of cake..........only two busted knuckles. BUT know that the inititial bedding in will rattle your fillings - drove 80 miles a while ago with gradual stops to 0 from 30 to 90. First hour was literally WTF !!! Severe front brake judder from 40 to 5 mph at a moderate slowdown......Last half hour was "Well, this is looking better........." Barring rain, will do another 100 miles tomorrow. Even so, the EBC setup brings the car to a stop A LOT faster than the stock brakes. ........and I can tell that, when the bedding-in is complete, these brakes will be velvet-smooth. Engaged ABS one time - guaranteed these brakes will put your face through the windshield............

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

gas is going down here in cleveland

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Rather than putz behind three slowpokes on 99W driving home tonight, I detoured onto the old highway alignment:

The road is narrow, poorly maintained and has several sweeping turns, plus a couple of tight ones. There were no other cars on the road, so I was pushing the Seville fairly hard. Met back up with them where I crossed 99W to head home. Had a much better time than if I had stayed behind them all that way.

hot diggidy dog

Sevillian273 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 69 Thunderbird | 90 Seville | 89 Marquis | 72 Torino

^It must be brakes month or something. I've done 3 sets already and have another to do on Sunday. Thats a nice set. I've always wondered if they made a justifiable difference w/o upgrading the calipers. Surprisingly Summit carries a few cross drilled and slotted sets for my 21 year old Cad.

First time brake job on the 42 year old Ferd:

Man they dont make em like they used to. This sh*t is huge! Raybestos Service Grade - Biggest pad set ever:

They're a nifty "floating caliper" design - only the slide bolts hold them on. Much easier to do than I expected, save for those goofy retaining clips... Damn piston boots are dry rotted Will have to keep an eye on that....

Oh joyousness! Thy center cap hath arrived! This pleases thee.

This is the wheel that got away from me as described in the Automotive Bafoonery thread. I walked up and down the road looking for that thing and never found it. Missing center caps are so white trash. (but mis-matched lugnuts are negligible.)

HOLY GIANT BRAKE DRUM BATMAN

This acquisition of this center cap has restored the natural balance of the universe. You're welcome.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by submariner409 View Post
    1500 hours. Finally got around to finishing the install of the EBC slotted rotors and Redstuff pads. Been sitting in the shop for a year. Piece of cake..........only two busted knuckles. BUT know that the inititial bedding in will rattle your fillings - drove 80 miles a while ago with gradual stops to 0 from 30 to 90. First hour was literally WTF !!! Severe front brake judder from 40 to 5 mph at a moderate slowdown......Last half hour was "Well, this is looking better........." Barring rain, will do another 100 miles tomorrow. Even so, the EBC setup brings the car to a stop A LOT faster than the stock brakes. ........and I can tell that, when the bedding-in is complete, these brakes will be velvet-smooth. Engaged ABS one time - guaranteed these brakes will put your face through the windshield............
    That is one of my biggest complaints with the Seville line... the brakes are terrible. The pedal just has no feel and there is very little bite. Maybe next time I'll invest in better rotors and pads.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.