What did you do to your car today? - Page 519
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 519 of 957 FirstFirst ... 19 419 469 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 569 619 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 14348
Like Tree7944Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Mud flaps for the 95 DelSol came in today. Was happy that the dealer was able to actually order custom ...
    Johnxlrv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Mud flaps for the 95 DelSol came in today. Was happy that the dealer was able to actually order custom fit flaps for the car for $60 dollars...including the screws and clips. Now I don't have to worry so much about rocks from the crappy California freeways.

To prove my bona-fide nut job status, I installed in the rain!

Nice to have a screw gun with a 90 deg angle...took me 10 minutes.

Now to watch the giants win (oops...sorry...off-topic!)

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
    Not going to get into a Northstar debate, but the M52TU in my BMW doesn't burn or drop any oil and it has 150k miles. It's powerband is smoother, but there is no comparison in power. Parts are surprisingly cheap, and it's easy to work on.

Yes Gary the new F30 328i has a 2.0 turbo 4 with 240 horsepower. It's supposed to be a great engine and very light on its feet. I have yet to test drive it though.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Don't forget what that M in BMW stands for

pajeff10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4

Touched up two small chips on the nose of the hood. The "pen style" GM touchup paint works so much better than the brushes and matchsticks of days gone by.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Put the final coat of helmsman on the side panels. Can't wait to get the console back together. It's going to look sick.

greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '94 Jeep GC LTD

It's gonna look goooooood!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter
    I believe the base engine in the 3 Series is now a four cylinder, so the ATS may be matching the benchmark.

I was surprised at the 3.0 in the CTS I rented in Phoenix back in January. Considering all the negatives I had been reading about that engine, I found it to be smooth and offering more than sufficient scoot. Sounded good, too.

That said, I will probably still shop for one with a 3.6, whether I end up replacing the Seville with a CTS or ATS in a few years.
    The 3.0 isn't awful. Lindsay Cadillac gave me one as a rental. Which means 500 miles home and back. And a few in between. It does well enough. It just doesn't have much down low. The 2.5 in the ATS probably would be neck and neck with a CTS and a 3.0...

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

With the 2.5 in the ATS, are we talking 0-60 in the 7.0-7.5 second range?
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    don't forget what that m in bmw stands for
    ///m?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    I believe Cadillac quoted 7.5 on the 2.5 Auto... so right on par with my 323.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Bavarian Manure Wagon.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    It is that time of year again, what kind of window washer fluid do you guys recommend?
    Just make sure the jug doesn't say "Summer Formula". Several years ago when I was in high school we had the blizzard to end all blizzards in Tennessee. Seriously it dropped like 11" of snow at my house. So after being stuck at home for two days I was going stir crazy, roads had cleared up a little bit. So I dust/scrape the snow off the car and take off down the interstate, salt spray everywhere. Hit the washer fluid, wipers just make a huge smeary mess, no fluid. I had to pull off the road and clean the windshield with a rag on the side of the interstate it was so bad.

Anyways, I get off the interstate, stop at a gas station to clean the windshield again and buy some washer fluid. Popped the hood to see that my washer fluid was indeed full like I thought it was. I open the cap to find it frozen in one solid chunk and notice it cracked the plastic tank. I had a bit of a Bruce Banner moment as I ripped the washer fluid cap off the tank and chucked it back into the road while yelling obscenities.

I was still a bit puzzled by how the stuff froze, got back home and picked up the bottle of washer fluid I had in the garage. Sure enough, in small print on the bottom of the label it says "summer formula" "do not use in freezing temperatures". I still want to sucker punch the idiot who came up with "summer formula" in the face and take $30 out of his wallet to replace my broken resivior.

Getting back on topic, I picked up my sister's Acura RSX from the upholstery shop. The bottoms of both front leather seats were really worn and had split, a combination of the car being parked in the sun for 7 years and really CHEAP leather. They used a "simulated" leather material(ie fancy vinyl), and man they did a really nice job. Inside of that car looks brand new again. Also glad that isn't my car, thing rides and rattles like a skateboard.

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792
    Sounds right. I would've guessed low 7s...

Have been test driving cars to replace the V lately. A major(voluntary) shift in my life has me working less and looking to cut costs.

But my new schedule has worked out well and the need for cost cutting isnt pressing at the moment. But all these test drives have had me thinking heavily about something new.

Last night I went out with an attitude and put the V in Competitive Driving Mode. It's too easy to spin the tires in the V. But I had forgotten how fun the V can be...

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Have been test driving cars to replace the V lately. A major(voluntary) shift in my life has me working less and looking to cut costs.

But my new schedule has worked out well and the need for cost cutting isnt pressing at the moment. But all these test drives have had me thinking heavily about something new.

Last night I went out with an attitude and put the V in Competitive Driving Mode. It's too easy to spin the tires in the V. But I had forgotten how fun the V can be...
    Maybe a used base CTS? Sorry if I'm not much help, you are talking to Mr. Cadillac

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Gave the traction control a workout. Snowed here and I had to run some errands. She performed like a champ!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.