What did you do to your car today? - Page 518
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 518 of 914 FirstFirst ... 18 418 468 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 568 618 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 13707
Like Tree7437Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by Stingroo Green kind for life. Bug remover, yo. Rigged my shifter up. Got tired of the vise ...
    cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo
    Green kind for life. Bug remover, yo.

Rigged my shifter up. Got tired of the vise grips. Really need to go to the junkyard this weekend... lol
    I thought you wanted me to get you one?

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Got the Saturn back today. It looks surprisingly good. Looks brand new. Never seen it look so good. Lol.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Drove a base ATS today. It's very good.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: What did you do to your car today?

^^^ From the pictures it looks like a Mercedes C Class (from a few years back) clone. How do you think it compares to the entry level Mrcs and Bimmers, Jim?

The base suspension is taut but not firm. Everything is light. Steering, turn-in, body motions. It oozes sports sedan. I can't wait to try MRC.

The interior is very nice. Very American because it's not austere like the Germans or too organic and funky like the Japanese. Simple and organic. The front seat is roomy. I can fit behind my own driver's position. I have more room sitting behind my own front passenger position. It's small but doable. 3 guys my size (6'1 285) can do a couple hours. The back seat is not much smaller than my '09 V.

----------

And while the 4 cyl doesn't sound great, it gets going quickly enough and will be plenty for the entry level yuppie...

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    Green kind for life. Bug remover, yo.

Rigged my shifter up. Got tired of the vise grips. Really need to go to the junkyard this weekend... lol
    Look for my parts...pretty please

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

I probably won't be able to go this weekend. I NEED to, but hanging with a ladyfriend instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo
    I probably won't be able to go this weekend. I NEED to, but hanging with a ladyfriend instead.

So you want me to get you a shifter lever or no?

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    The base suspension is taut but not firm. Everything is light. Steering, turn-in, body motions. It oozes sports sedan. I can't wait to try MRC.

The interior is very nice. Very American because it's not austere like the Germans or too organic and funky like the Japanese. Simple and organic. The front seat is roomy. I can fit behind my own driver's position. I have more room sitting behind my own front passenger position. It's small but doable. 3 guys my size (6'1 285) can do a couple hours. The back seat is not much smaller than my '09 V.

----------

And while the 4 cyl doesn't sound great, it gets going quickly enough and will be plenty for the entry level yuppie...
    OOps, 4 banger! Right their I would opt for the base BMW with the straight six! It is to be seen if the CTS bought enough pier group prestige among the current crop of yuppies to attract them to Cadillac much less one with a four banger in it. I have nothing against a good four cylinder power plant (especially if it is supercharged), but when it comes to entry level "luxury" (read junior executive) cars a 4 banger presents a bit of a turnoff and a bigger hurdle for me to want to buy one.

The 3.0 in the CTS is a bit weezey. Didn't stop me from buying a V. It's called choice. Lexus sells a boatload of ISs. Almost all the base 4cyl. Cadillac is offering something for everyone. It's brilliant.

The 3.6 is excellent in the CTS. It will be that much moreso in the much lighter ATS...

----------

And I test drove the 4 cyl on purpose. I wasn't forced. I wanted to see how the base model performed. I wouldn't get that one. I'd get a 2.0T w/ manual...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post

----------

I drove a 3.6 ATS.

I forgot that this is a 'buy it and drive it' powertrain. It was butter smooth. I almost considered it just about perfect.

Until I remembered. No manual.

The trans seemed like typical slush-box from GM. fairly quick on take-off, but it'll fall flat on power-lift-off, and this was a base luxury, without paddel shifters.
    Meh.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Damn Wyoming and its lack of upullit yards.

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

Snow today...

Drove in it.

Took the crapsler to do a deal for some orange floor mats with another STL CF member. I left 20 bucks richer and he left with a set of mint embroidered wreath floor mats.
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

I believe the base engine in the 3 Series is now a four cylinder, so the ATS may be matching the benchmark.

I was surprised at the 3.0 in the CTS I rented in Phoenix back in January. Considering all the negatives I had been reading about that engine, I found it to be smooth and offering more than sufficient scoot. Sounded good, too.

That said, I will probably still shop for one with a 3.6, whether I end up replacing the Seville with a CTS or ATS in a few years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.