What did you do to your car today? - Page 516
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 516 of 882 FirstFirst ... 16 416 466 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 566 616 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 13222
Like Tree7113Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; I took the Marauder out on a 70+ mile cruise today. It's nice, I really only take that car out ...
    I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Re: What did you do to your car today?

I took the Marauder out on a 70+ mile cruise today. It's nice, I really only take that car out on the weekends and only if it's not raining. It really makes me appreciate it all the more.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

That's weird. My Northstar doesn't leak a drop of oil. Not a drop.

Doesn't use a drop of oil either. Not one drop.

Doesn't leak coolant.

Doesn't leak Dextron III.

Doesn't leak PS, brake, or even winshield washer fluid.

Gets 27.4 mpg over 130 miles even with a 30+ mph crosswind for 75% of the trip.

And it is a HOOT to drive.

In completely unrelated news, research has discovered that proper maintenance does wonders for the longevity and performance of a vehicle.

In more completely unrelated news, countless Ford owners are furious after their aluminum V8 engines spit their spark plugs outta the head, taking the thread with the plug.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post
    In more completely unrelated news, countless Ford owners are furious after their aluminum V8 engines spit their spark plugs outta the head, taking the thread with the plug.
    Which was remedied by the manufacturer with a later update. That's the point. They didn't choose to run it for 20 years with the same problem.

No one is claiming that there are problem free alternatives to the N*. There are, however, other, arguably better manufacturers who stand by, support, and update their products, especially the high-end ones.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    In even more completely unrelated news, every owner of the DOHC 4.6 V8 is unhappy that their car puffs blue smoke out the tailpipe after 2-3 years.

That's just what modern "hi performance" engines do, dont ya know? That's just part of a $50k car!Just ask any Infinity V8 owner.

Oh, wait...

Whatever. There's one person whose decision counts when it comes to my car. MINE.

Cadillac did fall on their face in terms of updating the Northstar. They did do something about the headbolts, but there was waaaaaay more potential left in that unit that they failed to capitalize on.

The Northstar was a great idea, and is a great engine. It never got the (IMHO) rightful attention it deserved from Cadillac and GM.

In the meantime, I will probably always have a Northstar V8 in my garage.

Blind? Some would say so. Stupid? Some would say so. Wasteful, expensive, consuming, frustrating? It's true that a great deal of people would say so, and obviously many have said so.

Still, mine works like the high performance engine it was intended to be. I'm sold. And that's allllll that matters.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    In even more completely unrelated news, every owner of the DOHC 4.6 V8 is unhappy that their car puffs blue smoke out the tailpipe after 2-3 years.

Speak for yourself
    - Our STS (DOHC) currently gets over 5,000 miles/quart at 63,000 miles. The truck 4.6 (SOHC) currently gets over 7,500 miles/quart at 89,000 miles. The older I-6 (300 OHV) truck also uses (technically) no oil - 4,500 miles/quart.

......... and, remember: Current Ford light truck engines (4.6 included) use 5W-20 oil. Bounce that against your hearsay oily oils. (OMG !!! It's gotta be thick to lubricate............)

I am currently using exclusively Pennzoil Platinum synthetics - BUT if I were to swap to Mobil 1, Quaker State, AMSOIL, Royal Purple, Valvoline, you-name-it - it would not make one iota of difference in the oil usage, gas mileage, or engine life. Not one iota.

Whatever. There's one person whose decision counts when it comes to my car. MINE.

Still, mine works like the high performance engine it was intended to be. I'm sold. And that's allllll that matters.

Of course. There's no reason to take it personally or become defensive about your personal car- no one is trying to fault you for liking it. I don't care what you drive, how you drive it, or if you even like it - it's your experience, not mine.

The discussion merely addresses GM's poor business practices, which extended well beyond the N*.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Cadillac did fall on their face in terms of updating the Northstar. They did do something about the headbolts, but there was waaaaaay more potential left in that unit that they failed to capitalize on.

The Northstar was a great idea, and is a great engine. It never got the (IMHO) rightful attention it deserved from Cadillac and GM.

In the meantime, I will probably always have a Northstar V8 in my garage.

Blind? Some would say so. Stupid? Some would say so. Wasteful, expensive, consuming, frustrating? It's true that a great deal of people would say so, and obviously many have said so.

agreed , yeah dont take it personal ,and dont think my taste is much better , im a QUAD 4 fanatic , which makes a yugo engine look downright awesome ...just over the years the northstar caused me so many headaches that i cant even look at one anymore ....so the junk thing slips out ...

Lupin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '79 El Camino, '64 Corvair Monza

After my disappointment to see the carburetors leaking on the CBX the other night, today I went out to the garage, as the weather was just so beautiful and perfect for riding. I wanted to see how bad the leak was, and if I could maybe ride on it for a few minutes. Opened up the fuel valve... and no leaks. All six carburetors filled up happily and tightly. Fired her up, and she purred like a rabid six cylinder kitten from hell. Took it on the road, and enjoyed the crap out of it. Clutch needs some adjustment, but grabs hard. Had my first wheelie... on accident. The next one was intentional and glorious. I love this bike. Have to mess with the jetting. Runs a bit lean, I think. Stock jets are 105's and there are 110's in it right now. Think I might have to go 115 or 120. Came with a set of 135's... But I don't know about that, haha.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409

Speak for yourself - Our STS (DOHC) currently gets over 5,000 miles/quart at 63,000 miles. The truck 4.6 (SOHC) currently gets over 7,500 miles/quart at 89,000 miles. The older I-6 (300 OHV) truck also uses (technically) no oil - 4,500 miles/quart.

......... and, remember: Current Ford light truck engines (4.6 included) use 5W-20 oil. Bounce that against your hearsay oily oils. (OMG !!! It's gotta be thick to lubricate............)

I am currently using exclusively Pennzoil Platinum synthetics - BUT if I were to swap to Mobil 1, Quaker State, AMSOIL, Royal Purple, Valvoline, you-name-it - it would not make one iota of difference in the oil usage, gas mileage, or engine life. Not one iota.
    Whoops...I missed putting ford in my statement. Seems like every crown vic/ gran marquis/ town car/ ford truck/ van around here with the 4.6 puffs blue smoke (especially the ones from the 90s and early 00s). I guess its a ford thing.
    Lupin and Lupin like this.

No worries. I get carried away sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post

Speak for yourself
    - Our STS (DOHC) currently gets over 5,000 miles/quart at 63,000 miles. The truck 4.6 (SOHC) currently gets over 7,500 miles/quart at 89,000 miles. The older I-6 (300 OHV) truck also uses (technically) no oil - 4,500 miles/quart.

Dunno if you want to do that Sub...The TLE guy at the local Walmart, when he found out I was running QS Defy, said he wouldn't put QS or Penzoil in a lawnmower.

greencadillacmatt is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '93 Cadillac SDV

Finally got my stuck brake bolt out (pounded a T55 Torx socket into it), and finished my front wheel bearing/brake job. My '93 is now so quiet it's almost spooky, and my brakes work SO much better. I sincerely believe that the front brakes were the original 19 year old units. And holy crap, they were hashed. Like 19 years and 79,990 miles hashed. Oh, and it fixed my ABS. New sensors in the new hubs. No more light, and fully-functioning anti-lock is a good thing.
    77CDV, 77CDV, Lupin and 3 others like this.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Quote Originally Posted by greencadillacmatt View Post
    My '93 is now so quiet it's almost spooky

After driving around the Marauder all morning/afternoon, I jumped in the LeSabre to go to the grocery store and the damn thing is so quiet by comparison it's almost surreal.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Will somebody please get in here and clean this thread up. Way OFF Topic doesn't begin to describe the crap here lately!
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.