What did you do to your car today? - Page 512
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 512 of 916 FirstFirst ... 12 412 462 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 562 612 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 13729
Like Tree7450Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Maybe our friend Thumper was cooking Chinese for all his buddies down tat the shop!...
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Maybe our friend Thumper was cooking Chinese for all his buddies down tat the shop!

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
    Damm spelling and typo on phone

Will fixe when get home
    I really am tired of this crap and I can't belive the insurnace will pay 1500 - 2000 for the cradle plus control arm and strut mount and possibly even a 1000 for a strut that I think is bad that's makeing noise it wasn't makeing before but they won't pay for the damm tire lol telling me its bit covered
    I'm going to write the BBB about that BS
    They would have totaled the car out if it wasn't for the fact they'd have to pay me 5500 for the car Market value plus 4000 for other stuff like the brand new tires if they are under a 1 year old
    So that's 900
    Then 1100 for the radio
    600 for te speakers 400 for the brakes yes I had my ebc brake rotors insured under custom aftermarket equipment you can do that and this is proof for anyone who things after market and custom equipment coverage is a waste f money it's not they actualy will pay but they decided the aftermarket stuff takes the value of the payout high were then the total out Usualy would be
    The-Dullahan and The-Dullahan like this.

misterroy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Seville SLS

20oz bottle of Techron with a full tank of Shell 87. Is this considered an enema?
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup View Post
    Damm spelling and typo on phone

Will fixe when get home
    I really am tired of this crap and I can't belive the insurnace will pay 1500 - 2000 for the cradle plus control arm and strut mount and possibly even a 1000 for a strut that I think is bad that's makeing noise it wasn't makeing before but they won't pay for the damm tire lol telling me its bit covered
    I'm going to write the BBB about that BS
    They would have totaled the car out if it wasn't for the fact they'd have to pay me 5500 for the car Market value plus 4000 for other stuff like the brand new tires if they are under a 1 year old
    So that's 900
    Then 1100 for the radio
    600 for te speakers 400 for the brakes yes I had my ebc brake rotors insured under custom aftermarket equipment you can do that and this is proof for anyone who things after market and custom equipment coverage is a waste f money it's not they actualy will pay but they decided the aftermarket stuff takes the value of the payout high were then the total out Usualy would be
    You might consider buying a Camry and put your troubles to bed...........

----------

Quote Originally Posted by misterroy View Post
    20oz bottle of Techron with a full tank of Shell 87. Is this considered an enema?
    No, it's considered preventive maintenance every 5,000 miles.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Seville_Hunter View Post
    Installed my custom inake system, filter is the one from a Z31 300ZX, has a nifty lil bracket on the front to hang from the core brace, did improve part throttle driveability, lol. Saving up some scratch so I can get it dynoed at my buddys shop
    with a vs the stock air box.
    THAT ^^ is a most excellent joke !!!!

Makes the "hot rodders" think: Change to a hot air intake ? Reduce the intake duct diameter by 50% to radically reduce air into the engine ? Use plenty of vacuum cleaner flex hose to create max air turbulence ? That tight right angle bend is really trick, too.........

(Oh, why bother.................)

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    THAT ^^ is a most excellent joke !!!!

Makes the "hot rodders" think: Change to a hot air intake ? Reduce the intake duct diameter by 50% to radically reduce air into the engine ? Use plenty of vacuum cleaner flex hose to create max air turbulence ? That tight right angle bend is really trick, too.........

(Oh, why bother.................)
    Hate to crap on the party, but I'm with Sub here... The standard intake systems on these cars are about as good as you're going to get unless you go with a full-on custom 'true' CAI system, and that setup you've got there looks frightfully restrictive.

campos_motorsports is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 DHS

Stared at it for awhile, kicked the tires for pressure, then went back inside! Its hot down here, I live just 3 miles to mexico, you can imagine!

sub i aint never buying a camry never
    i had hoped they would just totale the car out and id take my money put it down on a 2 year old factory certified Buick was thinking a LaCrosse would be nice to own i think that's what my next car will be

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

The new LaCrosse is a very nice car. A friend of mine bought one in this really nice dark blue color and I love it.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

got power window on grandmas equinox fixed. cost $315 (had to repalce the whole mechanism since its apparently all one piece). Then went to leave mechanics and the gauge cluster wasnt responding (needles were illuminated, but no backlighting, and gauges were all at 0 and not responding. called out the mechanic and he turned it off, refired it, and it worked. he told me to bring it back if it happens again. I gotta say, I've never had that happen before and hope it doesnt happen again. Seems like the equinox start having problems right at 40k (then again, it was one of the first ones made, so I'm kinda surprised its been as reliable as it has been).

----------

panels I hit with more helmsman have dried for the most part (dry enough to touch and lightly handle). I'm gonna have to hit the rest of the parts with a 3rd coat.The 2nd coat made it looks like glass. The 3rd coat made it smooth as glass.

----------

before and after

I took a piece with 3 coats up to my mechanics tonight. I walked in and showed it to him and he said "is it wet?" "no" I say. "are you sure?" "yes" I hand him the piece. wow. thats a deep shine. It looks great. It looks like glass." He then says "your grampa would have been real proud. You did a great job."

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Tinkered in the garage for a while ......... Cleaned the throttlebody. Didn't need it. Changed the air filter. Cut out part of the add-on (thick) floor mat under the gas pedal - easier to get full WOT. Checked all fluids, shut the hood. Used 8 oz. of oil since March. Tires set to 33 psi. Over to Caroline County for a "test drive" tomorrow.

Anyone remember the thread about the Seville where the owner discovered that it was impossible to get full throttle opening without removing some throttle cable slack ??? heh, heh .........

Got call about the car today again from the insurnace company saying the shop got the new cradle in one strut is damaged they where trying to locate a used one local but can't so they ordered a new oem strut the shop is pushing on them to pay for both cause te ride won't be right with one that has 213 an the other 0 miles so they may be paying for 2 new struts

----------

Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo
    The new LaCrosse is a very nice car. A friend of mine bought one in this really nice dark blue color and I love it.
    I'm thinking once the insurnace company is done with the car I'm just going to try and sell it and buy a new car
    I knew to ask 7k is really freaking high but I'm thinking that when someone finds out all the parts are new and most still under warranty that can be transferred to new owner by the shops and insurnace company someone might pay 6 or 7 k. To me instead of buying a maybe will last one for the same at a dealer I can hope perhaps

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Changed front rotors and pads on the TC.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Took the caddy to the body shop to get the crossmember worked on. No dice. Got a call an hour later to take it back because they didn't have an open bay yet. The engine runs great once warmed up though.
    I also put a final coat on the top boards of the console and a first coat on the sides of the console.
    I also removed about 200 lbs of misc engine parts out of the back of the car. It raised the back end up noticably.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

This isn't the Volkswagen forum, the engine parts belong up front.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Drained out the old oil, ditched the Carquest filter, and removed the old oil level sensor. The float at the end was gone. When I pulled it out I literally said "Well there's your problem right there!"

On with a new Purolator Gold filter, prefilled with Quaker State DEFY 10W-30. Gooped the gasket up real nice with some oil, and cranked it on nice and snug with my polish oil wrench

Slipped the new oil level sensor in, had to fiddle with it, but I got it in ok.

Filled 'er up with the remaining 7 quarts of Defy. Fired her up, no leaks, purrs like a kitten. Roars like a lion at WOT

Luke likes. A LOT. I CAN NOW CHANGE MY OWN OIL!!

Of course, since I did this in Wyoming, I got my hands all oily because of the....

DAMN WYOMING WIND!!

But I met the neighbor of the family friend. Cool dude, and he's about as enamored with his Mini Cooper as I am my Cadillac.

Life is good.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almsot forgot mah Walmart trip later. Recycled mah oil and old filter, and they ditched my old sensor as well.

I got an oil drain pan that had a decent hole at the top, but it wasn't quite big enough for the wayward wind and its resultant oil trails. The side drain leaked, so the tech at the TLE helped me find a better one.

He was actually a really helpful guy, suggested MMO, which is good, but when he started saying he wouldn't put Penzoil or QS in a lawnmower, hehehe I was being nice on the outside but in my head I was thinking OIL WAR!!!!!!

All's well that ends well!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.