Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#18,028 ·
Nice Stingroo...my baby can't do anything like that!
Despite the fact that my car is still in the barn and I cant get it out until near the end of April, I went shopping (online)...new molded carpets and floor mats with emblems, new soundproofing for the floor, new 600W amp and speakers/subwoofer...and away we go!

#18,033 ·
They do where I live. Mine was not too bad, plastic chromed with name of dealer and underneath the Cadillac Badge and script, but the rear did not look balanced to me, so I took it and the AWD off.

#18,036 ·
Drove to the big city today:D and saw a couple late model Mustangs. I gotta say, they’re looking very good these days. Seems to have plenty of power and the looks...:cool:. Wonder how quiet the cabin is. You can still get a stick too although I heard their 10 speed auto is pretty nice. Hmmm

#18,037 ·
They aren't Cadillac quiet for sure. Wind noise is low, road noise is not unless you add some sound deadening in the trunk but many of us go another route and use an aftermarket exhaust to turn UP the volume of the beautiful sounding high revving 32 valve V8.

Surprisingly, the seats are as comfortable as my Cadillac. I've driven many 1,000 mile days and felt great when I arrived.

And Ford at least let me order adaptive cruise with the manual which Cadillac didn't offer for my ATS.

My Mustang:

My grandkids' Mustang:

#18,039 ·
Rented a 2.3 last time I drove a Mustang. It did a decent job with the 10 speed. But too much shifting for me in auto. As a sequential it is perfect. Always a gear for staying at the turbo engines sweet spot.

Found out during this holiday trip that a Mustang or Camaro would not work for me as a family car. Difficult to look out the windows and too confined space in the trunk and rear seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18,040 · (Edited)
@Hoosier Daddy , your '16 looks like my brother's a li'l bit.

He bought a yellow '16 GT manual brand new, modded the snot out of it and sold it about 4 months ago. He picked up an XT5 for a daily, then quickly realized he still "needed" a 'stang. This GT M6 already has some intake, suspension, and exhaust mods, but he has since started shopping for a new supercharger. Nearly new at 9800 miles...

#18,051 ·
I like the mirror cap match to the stripes you did HD...looks great!

Jakerin the GT350s are a hoot, best friend from college has a blue one with black stripes....soooo much fun to ride in.

Alexandra fired right up last time I was down there. Got my new lo pro jack down there, so gonna give myself some more room and try to fish the old rack out without dropping the cradle.

New front pipe helped massively with the >4k rpm howl, so I think I'm done with that adventure. With that and all the maintenance I've done this year alone, I do believe Clyde and I are ready for some travelin!

#18,057 ·
Took the caddy to a strange place. When you live in a country which is basically a sand flat in the North Sea - you got to make an attraction out of a boulder. The largest known to the country.

The boulder was moved here by the 4th ice age from Sweden. Since then taking a break in it’s further travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk