What did you do to your car today? - Page 32
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 924 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 132 532 ... LastLast
Like Tree7608Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; ETCs actually came with tinted tails, he might have tinted his further, but they did actually come tinted...
    OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: What did you do to your car today?

ETCs actually came with tinted tails, he might have tinted his further, but they did actually come tinted

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Really? Those look really dark.

Makes me want to tint mine over the summer....

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    claybar really tries one's patience. at least mine.
    I was dreading it the first time, thinking it was going to be a big PITA like the bad old days of rubbing compound, so I was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy it was. I can claybar Sabrina in about an hour and Betty in 90 minutes to 2 hours. And I love how slick the surface is after doing it.

Got an estimate yesterday from a mobile detailing shop to polish my headlights (the wrecking yard one is starting to look crummy again) and repair the scratches on my door from a clumsy tire store tech dropping lug nuts on it (unfortunately, I did not discover the damage until I washed the car a couple of months later). $75 for the headlights and another $75 for the scratches. I also need him to touch up a couple of scratches on the bumper. That will probably be another $40. Now, it we could only have a few dry days in a row so it will be worth my while to wash the poor thing; it's probably the dirtiest it's ever been in my two years of ownership.

i love detailing my cars when i have time, its going to be dreadful having to wait 30 days to put any kind of wax or sealant on the allante

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    I was dreading it the first time, thinking it was going to be a big PITA like the bad old days of rubbing compound, so I was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy it was. I can claybar Sabrina in about an hour and Betty in 90 minutes to 2 hours. And I love how slick the surface is after doing it.

Got an estimate yesterday from a mobile detailing shop to polish my headlights (the wrecking yard one is starting to look crummy again) and repair the scratches on my door from a clumsy tire store tech dropping lug nuts on it (unfortunately, I did not discover the damage until I washed the car a couple of months later). $75 for the headlights and another $75 for the scratches. I also need him to touch up a couple of scratches on the bumper. That will probably be another $40. Now, it we could only have a few dry days in a row so it will be worth my while to wash the poor thing; it's probably the dirtiest it's ever been in my two years of ownership.
    I bet you never claybarred a Honda Pilot

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

No, but doing claybar, cleaner wax, two coats of carnuba wax, plus chrome polish on Betty took pretty much an entire weekend.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

claybar wasn't bad on my maxima, because it wasn't too "sculpted" a car. it's when you try to do a car that has lots of creases, and "character lines" that it gets to be a pita.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

beautiful eldorado. IMO the 90's ones look badass, especially in black or red/ burgundy with a vinyl top.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO View Post
    ETCs actually came with tinted tails, he might have tinted his further, but they did actually come tinted
    Didn't tint em, i'm the 2nd owner of the vehicle, im sure they came stock like that.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Vacuumed inside/cleaned the leather. Hoping that it stops raining/warms up tomorrow so I can wash and wax it.

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

Vince that ETC looks sweet.. I think the only thing that could make it look any better, would be some vogues. NICE CADDY!

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Quote Originally Posted by jordan00escalade View Post
    Vince that ETC looks sweet.. I think the only thing that could make it look any better, would be some vogues. NICE CADDY!

$1336.52 through Firestone, i got the Vogue rims, just need the Mayo and Mustard to compliment em. you're from the Bay? I was born and raised in Sacramento

whoa what a coincidence, its almost as if it was meant to be, theres a car show tomorrow, one of the biggest in nc, i have the day off tomorrow miraculously, my car is FRESH out of the paint shop tonight....

UNFORTUNATELY, the carshow scene here seems to be dominated by DONKS, i know SOME of you think my car would fit right in, but whatever, donk isnt my style
    my brother lives near the shop, he sent this crappy camera phone picture because i couldnt wait to see it in person. of course pictures do it no justice. most importantly, all the dings are gone and the doors MATCH

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

donkity donky donk.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    claybar wasn't bad on my maxima, because it wasn't too "sculpted" a car. it's when you try to do a car that has lots of creases, and "character lines" that it gets to be a pita.
    What are you guys doing to take so long?

If I am polishing, the clay bar process is the quickest. When I use Griots clay bar, I use their Speed Shine as the lubricant. Since the clay bar is cleaning all impurities, I don't bother drying after the wash. The water is thus an added lubricant.

So, I wash. Then I spray some Speed Shine and then glide the clay bar. A quick swipe is all it takes. So it takes a minute to do a panel. Then I just take a microfiber cloth and wipe off the excess liquid. Then just polish. Or wax. Or polish and wax.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.