Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#889 ·
Plus the infamous summer blend forumla hit the market at the beginning of the month, and they usually take that opportunity to knock the price up another 10 cents a gallon in the Chicago area.

Gas Buddy currently showing $4.70-$4.80 for premium in the O'Hare / Chicao city area. DuPage county (due west of Chicago, lower taxes) looks to be around $4.55-$4.70. And northwest Indiana (a.k.a., far south suburbs) runs $4.30-$4.50. Typical spread.

#895 ·
1500 hours. Finally got around to finishing the install of the EBC slotted rotors and Redstuff pads. Been sitting in the shop for a year. Piece of cake..........only two busted knuckles. BUT know that the inititial bedding in will rattle your fillings - drove 80 miles a while ago with gradual stops to 0 from 30 to 90. First hour was literally WTF !!! Severe front brake judder from 40 to 5 mph at a moderate slowdown......Last half hour was "Well, this is looking better........." Barring rain, will do another 100 miles tomorrow. Even so, the EBC setup brings the car to a stop A LOT faster than the stock brakes. ........and I can tell that, when the bedding-in is complete, these brakes will be velvet-smooth. Engaged ABS one time - guaranteed these brakes will put your face through the windshield............

#897 ·
Rather than putz behind three slowpokes on 99W driving home tonight, I detoured onto the old highway alignment:

The road is narrow, poorly maintained and has several sweeping turns, plus a couple of tight ones. There were no other cars on the road, so I was pushing the Seville fairly hard. Met back up with them where I crossed 99W to head home. Had a much better time than if I had stayed behind them all that way.

#899 ·
^It must be brakes month or something. I've done 3 sets already and have another to do on Sunday. Thats a nice set. I've always wondered if they made a justifiable difference w/o upgrading the calipers. Surprisingly Summit carries a few cross drilled and slotted sets for my 21 year old Cad.

First time brake job on the 42 year old Ferd:

Man they dont make em like they used to. This sh*t is huge! Raybestos Service Grade - Biggest pad set ever:

They're a nifty "floating caliper" design - only the slide bolts hold them on. Much easier to do than I expected, save for those goofy retaining clips... Damn piston boots are dry rotted:mad: Will have to keep an eye on that....

Oh joyousness! Thy center cap hath arrived! This pleases thee.

This is the wheel that got away from me as described in the Automotive Bafoonery thread. I walked up and down the road looking for that thing and never found it. Missing center caps are so white trash.:tisk: (but mis-matched lugnuts are negligible.:shhh:)

HOLY GIANT BRAKE DRUM BATMAN

This acquisition of this center cap has restored the natural balance of the universe. You're welcome.