What did you do to your car today? - Page 25
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 880 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 125 525 ... LastLast
Like Tree7098Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO So what you gonna do with the old broken down decrepid useless plain feature lacking old ...
    Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO View Post
    So what you gonna do with the old broken down decrepid useless plain feature lacking old mirror that you were probably gonna throw away anyway?
    LOL, do you need a rearview?

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White
    Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post
    LOL, do you need a rearview?
    Dont NEED one but im trying to find a good price on a autodimming mirror to replace the actual old plain featureless mirror in the Allante.

Dont NEED one but im trying to find a good price on a autodimming mirror to replace the actual old plain featureless mirror in the Allante.
    How would you wire it in? You're talking about a 2007 mirror on a 1989 car. It's got a big fat multipin connector and all the OnStar junk.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Had all the intake gaskets, throttle body gasket and plenum spacer replaced to the tune of ~$400. Was getting codes P0171 and P0174; only the throttle body gasket had a vacuum leak, but as preventive maintenance, and since he had to take things apart anyway, my mechanic replaced them all. Total bill was almost $500, but the extended warranty covered $100 of the bill. Like health insurance, you have to get pre-authorization, there's a deductible ($250 in my case), and they pay what they want to. But $100 is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

The only thig required for autodim is 12v and ground. Id prob end up modifying the other buttons to pop the trunk and open the fuel door since the normal buttons are under the center console.

Better to have it done when it was a nuisance than to NEED it done due to being stranded. Not that a plenum gasket leak would leave you stranded but yea

The only thig required for autodim is 12v and ground. Id prob end up modifying the other buttons to pop the trunk and open the fuel door since the normal buttons are under the center console.
    They're not worth much. I'd probably let it go 20 bucks shipped. Just PM me if you want it.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Better to have it done when it was a nuisance than to NEED it done due to being stranded. Not that a plenum gasket leak would leave you stranded but yea
    That's why I had everything done. My mechanic said on a pre-computer controlled car, I would have have been stranded with such a significant vacuum leak, but in this case, the computer just dumped fuel to compensate. Still, I chose not to take an unnecessary risk and drove Betty to Seattle last weekend.

They're not worth much. I'd probably let it go 20 bucks shipped. Just PM me if you want it.
    cool

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    That's why I had everything done. My mechanic said on a pre-computer controlled car, I would have have been stranded with such a significant vacuum leak, but in this case, the computer just dumped fuel to compensate. Still, I chose not to take an unnecessary risk and drove Betty to Seattle last weekend.
    must nice to be able to say "oh this awesome car needs x done, i think ill take this awesome car instead"

How would you wire it in? You're talking about a 2007 mirror on a 1989 car. It's got a big fat multipin connector and all the OnStar junk.

you know, the crazy thingis, i had one from my old 01 deville. it sat in a box for a couple of years. i never got rid of it, kept telling myself "ill use it for something one day". The last time i moved i was minimizing clutter, and decided to throw it away figuring id never end up using it and it would continue to sit in a box gathering dust. This was early august.
    Bought the Allante September 3rd...

shame.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Got a box full of fun stuff today

New BMW Performance Alcantara handbrake, screwdriver that my toolset was missing, and a newer style radio knob (which I need to return because I ordered the wrong one )

Put the screwdriver in its rightful place

Before

After

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

picked her up from the shop
    drove around for a few
    noticed a noise comming from the car sounds like when the heat is on and im driving there is a huming and squelling noise when the fan or ac is on and im breakng that same noise
    called Mechanic he things might be the blend doors
    but no matter what its on floor defrost or vents its making the noise some of the time and sometime its not so not sure whats up
    picked a friend up went to the cleveland smart car dealer she test drove the Electric smart car she is thinking of leasing it since they only lease that model and wont sell it wich sucks
    i test drove a E550 Coupe 2011 model that suck was hot awesome

billc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours

Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    Gary, you can make the most mundane of scenes (a BOX on a TABLE) look brilliant!

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    Got a box full of fun stuff today

New BMW Performance Alcantara handbrake, screwdriver that my toolset was missing, and a newer style radio knob (which I need to return because I ordered the wrong one )

Put the screwdriver in its rightful place

Before

After

The old leather one looks better!

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

I started wiring up my new stereo system. my "new" radio is a JVC unit with cassette in the HU and a 12 disc changer (replacing '91 seville bose 1.5 DIN HU). It has 25 watt rms x4, 4 line outs (going to hook bose amps in those since all the older bose HU is is 4 line outs.) Once I have 4 speakers and the bose 50 watt amps hooked into the JVC's amp, I will technically have a 400 watt stereo system (200 watt RMS) with good bass response, cassette, CD changer, and I can still say I have the only rwd '80-92 caddy with a factory bose system. I can put the original stereo back in the dash again since I'm mounting this HU where the ash tray goes (I dont smoke.) the stereo has a remote, so I can control it without having to fumble with pressing the buttons (since the stereo will be hidden most of the time)
    I'm also running all new speaker wires to the rear since my car has no interior right now (makes it super easy.)
    now I just need to find an original symphony sound 2 post radio with a working display (my car has no clock)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.