Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#6,945 ·
There's life outside of Atlanta. Though the lake on Saturday is only 20mins from home. Kayaks have a great way of making smaller bodies of water feel quite larger.

That lake is almost 4x the size of yesterdays. No power restriction there so lots of wakes from high speed cabin cruisers and jet skis in close proximity.

Doesn't matter. Jeeps can go anywhere. :lol:
Yup. Issues arise when folks pretend they are submarines. Stock intake is good up to the headlights, generally a good depth to keep things happy.

#6,949 ·
Yeah, but it's Minnesota...

Did you figure out how to un-flip yourself when the kayak turns upside down? We've had a couple deaths in Missouri from lone kayakers found upside down.
On a "calm" lake, even wakes from boats, one would have to make an effort to flip most recreational kayaks. Understanding how it works, why it does what it does and how you work with it goes a long way too. Besides, you're not stuck in the boat. Unless on a shallow river and get knocked out from hitting head on a rock which helmets are for, not getting trapped in it. If all else fails, just roll with it.

I've kayaked on lakes and rivers in NY, GA and FL including Keys, Tampa Bay, intercoastal water ways and the gulf. flipping just isn't a big concern unless on fast paced rivers with rapids. In the past I've used the parents kayaks or rented them, cheap and easy on base. Plan on doing it a lot more now though.

#6,959 ·
Finished getting trim for the lesabre from a 59k '84 lesabre in the junkyard. I have a complete set of chrome except for the left rocker (because the forklift ripped it on the underside). I also got a set of bumpers for it, a drivers door wood grain piece, and a radio/ climate control bezel along with a set of fixed glass for the back doors. Shame it had power windows, else I would have bought the inner door panels (same color as my car). I wish I had more $, because the doors have 0 rust on the bottom (my rear doors have very minor rust due to clogged drainage holes.)

I also bought a radio (delco UX1) for a buddys 96 camaro (from an 89 caddy). Tested it out and it sounded good, but it has a bad tuning pot, so looks like I get to practice my (lack of) soldering skills on it.

#6,963 ·
He's into little cars, let him be. If he ever changes his mind, Toronados in that condition will never become a rarity in his lifetime.

Hey, Kevin. Did your wire arrive?

Now if Lucas could just get me a valid address, I could send him his "LIKE" magnet without it getting returned to sender again...if I can even still remember where I've put it...

#6,964 ·
The-Dullahan said:
He's into little cars, let him be. If he ever changes his mind, Toronados in that condition will never become a rarity in his lifetime.

Hey, Kevin. Did your wire arrive?

Now if Lucas could just get me a valid address, I could send him his "LIKE" magnet without it getting returned to sender again...if I can even still remember where I've put it...
I apologize Rob. I've been rather busy and forgot to message you on the facebook about it. Yes, your wire has arrived. It is very much appreciated.