What did you do to your car today? - Page 181
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 932 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 231 281 681 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 13976
Like Tree7712Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; ^Looks angry. Cool....
    greencadillacmatt is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 Dodge Challenger RT, '84 Cadillac CDV, '94 Jeep GC LTD

Re: What did you do to your car today?

^Looks angry. Cool.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

installed my new rear view mirror in the caddy (with built in map lights). now I just need to run the wire to the factory map lights so the mirrors lights work (I'll never use them, but whats the point in having map lights if they don't work?)

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

The kidney grills always look best in black.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    If the choice was between some cones in a parking lot and a full road-course..guess which I'm going to go do-- price aside. hacking it has nothing to do with it, although I can do that pretty well, I've read-up on the subject
    http://compare.ebay.com/like/1504790...Types&var=sbar
    Let's see...do an autocross 25 minutes away or drive 2 hours to get to Lime Rock or NHMS(which are SHORTER than the autocross course) or drive 4+ to get to Watkins Glen or Pocono or Monticello(if you can find any group that can rent it).

It was my first autocross in 3+ years. In that time, I've done 10+ track events. This wasn't a choice of auto-x or track. It was a convenient time and place to exercise my car in ways you can't do on the street. I was able to get my V in a drift, blacken my rear wheels as well as my front with brake dust, do an actual timed event where you can compare hard times(unlike HPDE) and toss it around enough to trick OnStar to think there was a crash. I've never done that on a road course and pray I never do on the streets.

BTW, my autocross wasn't in a parking lot. It's on an old airfield at Devens Air Force base. Vids to come later...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Let's see...do an autocross 25 minutes away or drive 2 hours to get to Lime Rock or NHMS(which are SHORTER than the autocross course) or drive 4+ to get to Watkins Glen or Pocono or Monticello(if you can find any group that can rent it).

It was my first autocross in 3+ years. In that time, I've done 10+ track events. This wasn't a choice of auto-x or track. It was a convenient time and place to exercise my car in ways you can't do on the street. I was able to get my V in a drift, blacken my rear wheels as well as my front with brake dust, do an actual timed event where you can compare hard times(unlike HPDE) and toss it around enough to trick OnStar to think there was a crash. I've never done that on a road course and pray I never do on the streets.
    You're taking this way too seriously...it was an opinionated joke. What's your argument anyway? Location and acessability? if I lived 20minuites from a 1/4 mile and VIR, would that make your argument void? Those are rhetorical questions by the way, because I considered the matter closed on the first post.

You're taking this way too seriously...it was an opinionated joke. What's your argument anyway? Location and acessability? if I lived 20minuites from a 1/4 mile and VIR, would that make your argument void? Those are rhetorical questions by the way, because I considered the matter closed on the first post.
    My argument is anyone who poo poos autocrosses either have never run one or suck at it, thus not wanting to return. Those who suck at it either don't want to learn how their car performs or don't have the patience. I rarely see anyone do well and not want to return. I do see plenty of people with fast cars on paper not get the times guys with well prepped cars do, get huffy and leave.

So when I see guys who criticize autocrosses, my ears start to perk up and I start to question what type of person I'm dealing with.

For example, there were a handful of Vipers there on Saturday.

Most of them had little autocross experience. One of them was a younger guy who had an early '00s Viper. It was his first event. He slowly improved as the day went on. But rode with others and had instructors in his car all day. I took him out the run I triggered OnStar. My times were in the 107 second range, a good 10-12 seconds off the best times but about 2-3 better than this kid. After the run I took him on(in which he was amazed with the V), he got his best, which was a 106.xxx. He enjoyed the process, got better and learned his car's limits much more than he had in the time he's driven on the streets.

Then, there was anothe Viper driver who struggled, got discouraged and hated his times. He kept complaining how his car cost so much, had a ton of mods and yet was so slow. He kept saying he was going to leave(which is a big no-no since we work cones after our session). He didn't but he probably won't come back. As I kept telling the younger kid, you compare yourself to yourself. The speed will come and then you can start comparing with others.

There's a guy I used to autocross with who got his Viper in '95, I think. He used to be awful and I'd spank him with my SHO. He still has that same Viper and he still autocrosses regularly. He's now spanking my V with it. And he was closer to the faster times as well.

Autocross, checking egos for decades...

As for seriousness, M5, I know you were being a bit tongue in cheek. But I've got to cover the bases...

My argument is anyone who poo poos autocrosses either have never run one or suck at it, thus not wanting to return. Those who suck at it either don't want to learn how their car performs or don't have the patience. I rarely see anyone do well and not want to return. I do see plenty of people with fast cars on paper not get the times guys with well prepped cars do, get huffy and leave.

So when I see guys who criticize autocrosses, my ears start to perk up and I start to question what type of person I'm dealing with.
    Your interpretation of the joke is wrong. I enjoy 1/8mile, autocross, 1/4 and VIR. I prefer the latter. That is all, and frankly, I don't give a hoot what your opinions are on the matter, because they're just that; your opinions. Everyone has one. You don't need to convince me of anything, so I'm just going to let it go at this point. I enjoy engaged conversation, but I don't feel it's necessary here.

As for seriousness, M5, I know you were being a bit tongue in cheek. But I've got to cover the bases...
    that's fine with me. No problem.--- nice ninja-posts btw.. >_> I guess I took too long typing this..

Your interpretation of the joke is wrong. I enjoy 1/8mile, autocross, 1/4 and VIR. I prefer the latter. That is all, and frankly, I don't give a hoot what your opinions are on the matter, because they're just that; your opinions. Everyone has one. You don't need to convince me of anything, so I'm just going to let it go at this point. I enjoy engaged conversation, but I don't feel it's necessary here.

that's fine with me. No problem.
    So I'm guessing you didn't read my last post.

So I'm guessing you didn't read my last post.
    nope, I didn't.. and you didn't read my edit? :P

see how this works? I could edit it to remove it if it makes you feel better..

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Times were posted finally, pretty satisfied for only my 4th autox. Although I hit more cones than ever before. I would be more competitive in B class, but since my car has quick ratio steering I get bumped up into A with all the modded M cars.

Runs 6-9 were in the wet (clickable)

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Put a new lower Radiator hose on the Cadillac and went for a cruise through rural Clermont. Upsettingly, I passed a blue/white Mark IV while in transit and realized I took the wrong car out.

With the new hose, it now means that every component of the cooling system on the Cadillac is new, except the overfill reservoir

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Washed and waxed it. Ran out of energy and didn't get around to polishing all the chrome and detailing the interior. I'll post up some pics tomorrow once I get all that done. Amazed at how good of a job the Meguiar's Gold Class wax worked, took out some acid rain/hard water spots that I thought for sure would need to be wet sanded.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.