Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#608 ·
Nope this is my grandfather's car. I picked it out for him back in August 2006 and I've been driving it alot ever since. Car only has 36k miles on it and it will run circles around my Seville. Unfortunately these cars are known for transmission problems and this car is starting to exhibit some symptoms of that. Luckily the car has a GMPP warranty on it so that should cover it.

As for torque steer, it does so. Quite badly; if the traction control is off forget about it. The car can easily roast a set of tires but you're so busy making sure the car doesn't go off the side of the road you can't focus on how awesome it is.

#611 ·
my grandpa had a roadmaster. looked just like that except it was light blue. i remember his year, whatever it was, was one of the top 10 consumer reports worst rated cars. and he never had a single problem with it. me, I could buy an accord or camry and the thing would fall apart.

#613 ·
went to junkyard. found a set of leather power eldo seats from a late 80's eldo (not great, but better looking than my seats) but the seat backs wouldn't lock. need to figure out if they could be fixed.
ended up buying a set of nice red mid 90's silverado cloth buckets. nicest GM buckets in the yard. got them out of a beat to shit 70's pickup.
also got tail lenses and a trim ring and the left front wheel well trim.
got a V that goes under the trunk lock on the 77-79 DeV and FWB. and a new (faded) trunk lock cover.
also got a set of visors for the safari and a new rear AC switch so I can have rear AC.

#615 ·
Why don't you get the leather seats in your Caddy recovered? Those high back buckets will look really out of place, especially if you keep that red fabric on them. I will say that those Silverado seats like that are extremely durable. I've seen many trucks of that vintage with 200k+ miles and all beat to hell, but the seats were still mint.