What did you do to your car today? - Page 17
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 927 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 517 ... LastLast
Like Tree7650Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho Jimmeh is correct. I was being intentionally obtuse. Since Sal doesn't let us list cars we ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Jimmeh is correct. I was being intentionally obtuse. Since Sal doesn't let us list cars we drive, only Cadillacs, I don't list my Town Car.

I sold my '07 TC Executive L on Tuesday with 199,500 miles and picked up my '11 on Tuesday. It took 2 days because Ford was wasted much of Tuesday and part of Wednesday checking the credit for Home James Inc., not Home James! Inc. even though they were given my address, amongst other things...

But I sold my TC in West Orange, NJ and the buyer drove me 20 miles north to Wayne, NJ which is one of the rare Lincoln fleet dealers who have TCs in stock. And my friend lives in Staten Island so I had a place to stay for a couple days.
    Home James! Inc. That is brilliant! How is it I never knew this? That should be your user title.
    And there are all kinds of folks listing their non-Cadillacs under the cadillacs they drive. I chose not to.

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Like me!

Anywho...

Today marks one year of wagon ownership for me. This is awesome. So to celebrate, I did a few things:

New brake calipers and pads. They were bad. Really bad, and one of the calipers got stuck, so I replaced them both. Total cost? Under $50.
    New hood struts. Now the hood stays up and won't eat me! Yay! Total cost? $0. These were a gift from dad.
    Fixed an exhaust leak that my dad found. Two of the bolts down by the header collector were gone, and one was broken. Took the broken bolt in, matched some up, replaced. Total cost? $10.

Other miscellaneous expenses included two cans of brake clean (only needed one), a bottle of brake fluid, and a large container of Gojo soap. Misc. cost? $10.

So for $80 I can now stop, work on my car without getting eaten, and now, unfortunately, it's much MUCH quieter. Needs duals next Christmas break FOR SURE. I'll take a video of the newer quiet exhaust today.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Congratulations, Roo, sounds like a day well spent!

Yep! Had fun with the car and with dad.

Next project: oil cooler lines to stop my oil leak, and then figure out how to swap my seats around....

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    Like me!

Anywho...

Today marks one year of wagon ownership for me. This is awesome. So to celebrate, I did a few things:

New brake calipers and pads. They were bad. Really bad, and one of the calipers got stuck, so I replaced them both. Total cost? Under $50.
    New hood struts. Now the hood stays up and won't eat me! Yay! Total cost? $0. These were a gift from dad.
    Fixed an exhaust leak that my dad found. Two of the bolts down by the header collector were gone, and one was broken. Took the broken bolt in, matched some up, replaced. Total cost? $10.

Other miscellaneous expenses included two cans of brake clean (only needed one), a bottle of brake fluid, and a large container of Gojo soap. Misc. cost? $10.

So for $80 I can now stop, work on my car without getting eaten, and now, unfortunately, it's much MUCH quieter. Needs duals next Christmas break FOR SURE. I'll take a video of the newer quiet exhaust today.

sounds like alot of work, especially for someone who does not like wagons

You sir, are a fool.

or was it hatches

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Home James! Inc. That is brilliant!

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

.............to the car, nothing. Hauled down my spare intake manifold and set of injectors. Scoped out the injector spray holes (4) in a slight rectangular pattern - 2 holes (jets ?) for each side of the two-valve port. Considered playing with a Dremel tool and fairing in the lower section of the injector bosses to improve airflow through the spray pattern into the siamesed ports........see the flat area just on the port side of the manifold injector boss ? A little fairing and polishing...........

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

Must be a common problem on the LO5, had to do the same thing on my truck.

I don't know. Nothing in my exhaust system is stock. lol

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

woke up went to check see if seville was still in the drive yes i call her seville i still have not named her yet need to pick a good one out and 2 years havent found it yet lol
    drove her to the body shop where someone finally got the picture cheaper to fix the part with at least a used part for 200 bucks then to spend 1000s in court defending themselves
    so now i just wait for the call to come get her

Air horns baby! Nothing too serious, it's a cheap little electric kit, but it actually sounds like a proper horn now, and it's quite loud. For what I paid ($12) I'm quite impressed.

Will take a video of that (and the new quieter exhaust) today sometime hopefully.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

dropped off the car last night with the down payment. the wait is already agonizing, two weeks...

luckily its still kinda chilly so im not missing any top down weather

Air horns baby! Nothing too serious, it's a cheap little electric kit, but it actually sounds like a proper horn now, and it's quite loud. For what I paid ($12) I'm quite impressed.

Will take a video of that (and the new quieter exhaust) today sometime hopefully.
    quieter exhaust? shouldn't someone your age be installing a louder exhaust?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.