Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#566 ·
Started the car for the first time in a month I R&R the oil pressure switch & the long crank hard start seems to be cured. after 3 key on fuel pump cycles the batt read 10.4 volts key-on but it cranked up to my surprise The shakedown run went very well running very well. I do want to go run that 7 month old gas out of there but it's $4.09 up at the gas station.

#569 ·
I am painting my XM/onstar antenna body color. I got the paint from automotivetouchup.com. so far, I am not very pleased with the results. The directions said to use adhesive promoter, not primer, which I followed. I am on about the 10th coat now of silver on black plastic, and it is still not full coverage. Getting angry.

#574 ·
Drove 528 miles to North Carolina. My beautiful detail job got rained on half way and now looks like crap. Least there's no problem with the Snake Bite (although I only got 19MPG). Got 6 months free OnStar by signing up for the sweepstakes.

#576 ·
Put a new wiper motor on the Brougham today. My $5 junkyard one turned out to be junk, so I had to take it off and go buy a new one. This is the 2nd one I've put on it, the first one from Autozone was a piece of junk and started acting up after a few months, no wash feature and the wipers would go to the park position when on intermittent.

#577 ·
washed the crap off my car, removed and cleaned under the chrome vinyl roof trim- found out my roof used to be some sort of light metallic brown- wtf! it sparkles. seriously, what idiot would think that looked good (and its factory). I'm glad its faded to dark non metallic brown.
anyways, I fired my car up and drove it around the block. I have no compresion in the right cylinders. :( it still runs, but it sounds funny (like the cylinders are rubbing) over 2k rpm. and the exhaust note sounds wimpy. I also found its leaking oil through the valve cover gasket to the outside. adjusted trans shift cable and it shifts better now. I can go 20mph again without the car bucking (not gonna push car since engine is seriously hurting). checked the coolant and its oil now. not milky, just plain oil. pulled 2 right bank spark plugs- they smell of oil (they have under 100 miles on them).
I also tried some new rims on the car. Tried a set of '73 15x6 poncho rallye II rims off a grand prix- and don't look out of place one bit. gives the car a sleeper muscle car look. If I lowered the front end about 1 or 2 inches, they would look so badass. also tried a set of sawblade rims- anyone remember those? (looks like a 3 tooth sawblade) they look cool and fit the car well (makes the car look so much longer) , but my dad said it makes the car look 90's ghetto. I tend to agree (he bought them on a poncho wagon in the 90's from some guy in the ghetto).
I'll post some pics of the rims on the car when the camera battery charges back up.