What did you do to your car today? - Page 166
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 166 of 880 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 216 266 666 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 13190
Like Tree7088Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by drewsdeville Ah, the early 4.6's - oil burners, slow as molasses, but can't kill 'em. With the ...
    ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    Ah, the early 4.6's - oil burners, slow as molasses, but can't kill 'em. With the Ford modulars, the earlier you go, the less nuances you inherit. As they evolved (kind of), they just got worse and worse.

Im not sure i would agree with that statment about the oil burner 4.6's
    i think that 93 lincoln town car had a great SOHC 4.6 i know a friend with one i never been a fan of the town car so never owned one
    but he always brags about how he can go 5k between oil changes and only has to add maybe Half a qt of oil if that

I know my 4.6 DOHC Contiental and MarkVIII intechs i could go 5k between oil changes and sometimes evne make it wiithout haivng to add any oil but usualy i got 4k to a half qt

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Seville_Hunter View Post
    You need to get rid of those bus stop bench seats and get a nice set of Signature or even better, Cartiers.

that would look nice

drove her to the car wash today got the wheels all shinny and sparkly and the tires all shiny car looks nice and clean but more paint chipped off the hood today from the high presure car wash i need to get a new hood and get it painted sometime

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup View Post
    Im not sure i would agree with that statment about the oil burner 4.6's
    i think that 93 lincoln town car had a great SOHC 4.6 i know a friend with one i never been a fan of the town car so never owned one
    but he always brags about how he can go 5k between oil changes and only has to add maybe Half a qt of oil if that

I know my 4.6 DOHC Contiental and MarkVIII intechs i could go 5k between oil changes and sometimes evne make it wiithout haivng to add any oil but usualy i got 4k to a half qt
    Well, Ford recognized the problem...which is why, in 1996, the 4.6 was updated with revised valve seals. However, the same year, they introduced the plastic intake manifold, which created a number of lawsuits and eventually became a recall. Two years after that Ford tried a COP setup which didn't help matters. Then, suddenly in the early 2000's, the timing set became a phenomenon and began chewing up the nylon guides in short order, causing the timing chains to make tons of racket.

While the early 4.6's did like to drink oil, I personally believe they were the most solid of the bunch. Aluminum intake, no timing set problems, no ignition issues.

Well, Ford recognized the problem...which is why, in 1996, the 4.6 was updated with revised valve seals. However, the same year, they introduced the plastic intake manifold, which created a number of lawsuits and eventually became a recall. Two years after that Ford tried a COP setup which didn't help matters. Then, suddenly in the early 2000's, the timing set became a phenomenon and began chewing up the nylon guides in short order, causing the timing chains to make tons of racket.

While the early 4.6's did like to drink oil, I personally believe they were the most solid of the bunch. Aluminum intake, no timing set problems, no ignition issues.
    well we can only go by what we know of
    and i know my 95 97 and 2 98's well one was a lemon buy back so one 98 and my 02 all had the 4.6 in them and never had one issue never drank or gulped oil it sipped it like a fine glass of wine lol

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

found out my red cloth silverado buckets and my leather cadillac 60/40 bench seat are growing mildew
    anyone got any advice on getting rid of the mildew. its not that bad yet, but it looks really disgusting. I really don't want to have to toss my seats if I don't have to.

brandondeleo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

Finished installing Sandy's new Sony head unit, and the Cadence 6x9's are in the mail. Bypassing the Infinity amp was very simple aside from the different colored input and output wires and having to pull out the passenger seat... Had a snack at KFC, and the only place I could put my bucket-sized soda was in the passenger seat with the belt on it. Lol.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

chicken bucket full of soda? win

(until you have to make that pit stop)

It was! It was their mega-sized soda. 1/2 gallon. It even has a handle like a bucket.

ga_etc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '92 Buick Roadmaster Sedan

The one I bought seems to have sat for a little while, from what I can tell by going over the car. This allowed the valve seals to leak worse, so it does puff some smoke when I take off in it. Not enough to see it from in the car, but the friend that followed me home in the Roadmaster was telling me about it. I need to put some Lucas in it or something and see if I can recondition them a little.

As far as doing things to it today, I got everything transferred over to it from the truck. Then when I got home from work I took it down to the shop and got the guys to put it on the lift and check it out and see how things look. The oil sending unit is leaking a little and the transmission mount could use being replaced, but other than that the underneath looked good with minimal surface rust in the usual areas. Also got one of the guys to adjust the latch on the driver door where it will shut right again. From there I took it up to the car wash and got a layer of filth off it. Then back to the house to vacuum it out, condition the leather, and do the windows. Still have more to do, but this is the point that I got it to tonight.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Does KFC still sell gallon jugs of diabet--- err, I mean sweet tea?

I'm sure they do. BUT the only place I'm leaving with a gallon jug of diabetes is A&W. Hells yeah.

mberisha is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Black Escalade AWD & '06 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo View Post
    You're confusing Italian with Jersey Shore styling that has (so shamefully) come into popularity. Lol. Italians like gold. Gold is good. So say my gold chain and gold Armani shades.
    nah....Jersey Shore has more class....these dudes over here are clueless.....

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Woke up early to give her a thorough wash, tire and rim shine before driving into work. She's happy. Still want to name her, but can't come up with anything lol

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Got back from Chicago last night. I kind of despise my Seville's "cubicle sad" grey interior. I think it's why I haven't yet nicknamed or bonded with the car.

Its solid dependability is awesome, refreshing, and inexplicable.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.