Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#5,610 ·
brandondeleo said:
Midgrade is always .10 more, and 99% of the time premium is .20 more. Sometimes off by a couple of cents. Same in SoCal, as far as I remember. Regional thing?
Don't know. But most places around here have the price for regular posted up and that's it. Premium can be $.20 more, it can be much more.

I know when it got really expensive a few years back, many stations would attract with prices that were cash only. But you didn't know until at the pump. That practice got squashed really quickly.

#5,611 ·
I know when it got really expensive a few years back, many stations would attract with prices that were cash only. But you didn't know until at the pump. That practice got squashed really quickly.
That's common practice over on the west side. (Seattle-Tacoma-Olympia). I remember the first time I went to one of those gas stations I saw the sign inside and I got pissed because I only brought my credit card. :lol:

#5,613 ·
There's no difference here, Gillette or Laramie, but cash customers MUST prepay. Obviously due to the freeloader bastards. One night down in Laramie when I was out for a walk, I saw some bastard in a F250 trying to siphon gas from a parked car and a closed station. I really should have called the cops on that dweebe.

#5,618 ·
Entered the Marauder into it's first car show (and the first car show I've ever entered any car into)...

#5,620 · (Edited)
Well, not really today, but over the last week, I have been fairly busy. Unable to currently progress forward with the 500 due to a lack of free time (though sitting on a rapidly increasing pile of funds saved up for various car projects I am lacking the time to work on) I have not done much with it. I did get to see it for a few minutes though and play with a free spare carburetor I got off a friend's '69 (Which I will rebuild and sell, when I get the chance). I have actually begun to sell some other things on Ebay that are no longer needed for my particular cars (due to upgrade) or just any other thing I had someone someplace holding onto until I really felt like playing on Ebay. Walt Disney World uniforms are apparently worth enough where someone will buy your ten day auction out in three hours for $300 instead of trying to bid a lower price. Good to know, I guess. Next time I will ask for $500. Mailed a few parts to friends and contacts from various sources (Including Sting, whom I presume got his present from his last post) and test drove (More accurately played around in) an XLR today. My little sister always liked Cadillacs and this being the only car they've introduced since the eighties she didn't entirely hate, and after learning a standard transmission and enjoying my other sister's corvette, she has sort of warmed up to them. Not really my thing, but I think she will probably own one, the day she actually has to buy a car (or a couple, if I've taught her anything right) Instead, she doesn't even have a legal learner's permit yet (Though has driven just about everything once) and travels around in whatever car her friends/lackeys/whomever is driving. Last summer she traveled by convoy for that whole "Warped Tour" thing as a vendor without spending a dime. I just need to get her to my level where people start to PAY her to drive around the country. :)

#5,621 ·
Drove back home from Portland/Vancouver today, 3 hour trip only 1/2 tank used..was good to spend some time with family and kick it a bit around the CCC shop, Tim has a 97 STS under the knife for a custom high performance build, new Northstar, and paint it's gonna be sweet when done...and really fast.

#5,626 ·
since im back in cleveland for the week after camp
i woke up thismorning
and drove out to Mentor
Jeff at Power Train Automotive replaced the Trans fluid with there Cool Motorvac brand Machine
that is not a Flush machine it only runs of the car itself
threw the trans and cooler lines
saw it work and everyhign was preatty cool
so 44k on the trans since it was rebuilt and felt it was time for new fluid

i know this was not just today but over the past 14 days since i left on my trip i have put about 2300 miles on the car stoping in several cities to visit friends and parked for 9 days of those 14 in a field

#5,627 ·
Just took a drive put in Dylan cds (Blood on the Tracks, Hurricane) and dropped the top and drove. After a half hour, got sick of seeing campaign sign holding people at every corner and headed into the country. Today is the big recall elections in Wis so whoopie. Now we just have endless recounts to look forward to. From reports I hear of vacation rental (time share) owners trying to vote and white vans of out-of-state people spotted coming over the border, turn out should be a record. Perhaps even over 100%!:crying2:...just make it stop,please...