What did you do to your car today? - Page 163
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 163 of 924 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 213 263 663 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 13852
Like Tree7601Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Originally Posted by brandondeleo It was an AWESOME 102 today, so I took a nice scenic drive down old Hwy ...
    OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo View Post
    It was an AWESOME 102 today, so I took a nice scenic drive down old Hwy 10. By the time I had to go to work at 10:40pm, it was still 80, so I dropped the top and cruised. Best. Commute. Ever.
    I also reset the average mileage before I left for work and drove in a relaxed fashion. By the time I got to work, my average mileage had settled at 31.4. I love living out of town sometimes. long 50mph roads= epic mpg.
    Drop tops will do that to you. I can either take i95 or us 301 home. i 95 is fast straight and to the point, 301 is a bit slower and curves a bit more, not a lot. its also quieter and a bit more "scenic". When i have a headache i drop the top and take 301, headaches gone by the time i get home

Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo View Post
    You know, I've looked at Meguiars Quick Detailer at the store, and I've been apprehensive to try it. I love Meguiars products, and seeing this, I think I'll give it a try.
    ive tried a million quick detailers and spray waxes and honestly cant tell you a difference. Oviously you dont want walmart or dollar store brand but pretty much any popular brand will work well. I do most commonly use meguiars but only because its the easiest to find. I personally use quick detailer as a bird poop remover or duster to keep the car shiny between washes

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

I notice a very subtle difference between Meguiars and Mothers quick detailer in favor of Meguiars. Mothers seems like it takes a little more effort to wipe off.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

I use Pinnacle Crystal Mist detailer, but it's a bit pricey.

Right now they're having a sale on many brands...................www.autogeek.net

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Going to buy another tire pen and finish my white letter tire mod. Hooray!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

The rain is the only car washing I've done since the spring. :| And my interiors are getting messy too.

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

Took some more stuff off the engine (found out my oil pan is leaking too). Getting very close to pulling it. But I probably won't do anymore work on it until next weekend. My birthday is on Monday, but I'm going out to celebrate it tomorrow.

I'm working ridiculously slow, but it's getting there.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    The rain is the only car washing I've done since the spring. :| And my interiors are getting messy too.
    Same for my Mustang and unfortunately the ESC-V also. When I ran outta steam on installing the supercharger, it just sat all year. Felt guilty today so I took it out and washed it, cleaned up the wheels, and treated the rubber. My summer wheels haven't been on the car in 2 years. Need to go in the basement and treat that rubber, too.

The TabletPC and 1.5 Terabyte drive in the ESC-V fired right up and immediately told me I had updates ready. Will get to those tomorrow and update my music/video collection as well as the picture gallery and internet radio stations.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

I also recommend Meguiars Quick Detailer. I keep a bottle and a microfiber towel in that little side compartment in the trunk of the Seville and in Betty's trunk.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

tomorrow i had planned on correcting the paint and treating the leather is the srx. on the way home today my gf notified me that the Saturn was making a weird noise, overheating, and the steering was hard. she pulled over immediately. i told her check belt first, she said it was fine but a tiny bit loose, i said check fluids and those checked out. 30 minutes later i arrive and recheck everything.

tiny bit loose was right, so i fired up the car and checked everything out. belt wasnt spinning.

she had my step-nieces with her so i called roadside service and had it towed home. the srx will have to wait yet again.

On my way back from Washington two weekends ago, I ran into a dust storm followed by a brief, but intense thunderstorm on I-84 near Hermiston, OR. When I stopped for gas a couple of hours later, I thought it must have rained Coca-Cola, because there were these brown, sticky streaks all along Betty. I have no idea what it was, maybe something from one of the many big rigs I passed along the way. But it sure made a big mess:

Anyway, since I'm planning to do another auto-cross next weekend, I needed to get this crap off of Betty. So she got a serious wash this afternoon, plus cleaning out the interior from the debris of the road trip:

Since I already had all my car washing stuff out, I went ahead and washed Sabrina as well. She wasn't too dirty other than bug debris and some dust kicked up after driving down a back road where a farm tractor had left a lot of dirt clods on the road. And she got the usual interior detail. I love polishing the wood trim until it gleams.

Mowed the dead grass/weeds, then put both cars back in the garage. I am pooped.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    On my way back from Washington two weekends ago, I ran into a dust storm followed by a brief, but intense thunderstorm on I-84 near Hermiston, OR. When I stopped for gas a couple of hours later, I thought it must have rained Coca-Cola, because there were these brown, sticky streaks all along Betty. I have no idea what it was, maybe something from one of the many big rigs I passed along the way. But it sure made a big mess:

Anyway, since I'm planning to do another auto-cross next weekend, I needed to get this crap off of Betty. So she got a serious wash this afternoon, plus cleaning out the interior from the debris of the road trip:

Since I already had all my car washing stuff out, I went ahead and washed Sabrina as well. She wasn't too dirty other than bug debris and some dust kicked up after driving down a back road where a farm tractor had left a lot of dirt clods on the road. And she got the usual interior detail. I love polishing the wood trim until it gleams.

Mowed the dead grass/weeds, then put both cars back in the garage. I am pooped.

Hey gdwriter with your Seville SLS i noticed its got the wood grain wheel with the wood grain shifter for a moment i thought it was a SLS with the STS appearance package but then i remember and saw its a 01 and not sure did they have the sts appearance in 01 ? int he sls
    also noticed no fogg lamp switch on your headlamp switch so did you just put the wood grain wheel and swap the wheel and shifter ?

I believe the wood wheel and shifter were available for the SLS, but mine didn't have them, so I added them. I also added the rest of the wood trim on the doors that the STS gets. Looks much, much better.

I don't have fog lamps. Wish I did. The weak headlights are about my only real gripe with the car and any extra illumination would help.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    I believe the wood wheel and shifter were available for the SLS, but mine didn't have them, so I added them. I also added the rest of the wood trim on the doors that the STS gets. Looks much, much better.

I don't have fog lamps. Wish I did. The weak headlights are about my only real gripe with the car and any extra illumination would help.
    ah cool cool
    why not do a HID kit i know i hated my headlamps without them can't belive i drove 2 years with swaping to a HID kit ones i did with the 5000k bulbs i could not be happier i actualy think i could have goen with a 6000k to get a little more tint and still see good next time i think or maybe sometime this year ill order a set just to see how they look

I am going to swap out for a wood grain wheel in the next few months i think but i really would like to figure out how to wire in the 01 and newer wheels i don't reallly like the look of the 98-00 seville wheel i think i like the 01-04 better for some reason just the looks
    i can pick up a full steering column with the same color code wheel in the shale cream color with the airbag all together for 120 bucks
    but i know there is some wiring that i would need to do to get it to work
    i guess it can't be to hard just have to figure out the wiring

I also found a wrecked 02 STS from the rear so the front clip is still good
    i keep wanting to get around to installing the factory Fog's on it
    but i never do get around to it it

Aron9000 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Gary, that Seville is freaking IMMACULATE!!! Doesn't Sabrina have over 100k miles on her?

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

BTW Gary, your Impala makes me want to cry it is so beautiful. Just saying.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.