Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#458 ·
have not done anything to it but i have done something for it
just got off the phone with Chris RIppypartsmaster order the bezel for the door vent and trunk weather stripping
going to take her for a car wash today
fill her up with gas
Made final payment on here 2 years early saved myself about 1400 in intrest yayyyyyyy

#468 ·
I was dreading it the first time, thinking it was going to be a big PITA like the bad old days of rubbing compound, so I was pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy it was. I can claybar Sabrina in about an hour and Betty in 90 minutes to 2 hours. And I love how slick the surface is after doing it.

Got an estimate yesterday from a mobile detailing shop to polish my headlights (the wrecking yard one is starting to look crummy again) and repair the scratches on my door from a clumsy tire store tech dropping lug nuts on it (unfortunately, I did not discover the damage until I washed the car a couple of months later). $75 for the headlights and another $75 for the scratches. I also need him to touch up a couple of scratches on the bumper. That will probably be another $40. Now, it we could only have a few dry days in a row so it will be worth my while to wash the poor thing; it's probably the dirtiest it's ever been in my two years of ownership.

#478 · (Edited)
whoa what a coincidence, its almost as if it was meant to be, theres a car show tomorrow, one of the biggest in nc, i have the day off tomorrow miraculously, my car is FRESH out of the paint shop tonight....

UNFORTUNATELY, the carshow scene here seems to be dominated by DONKS, i know SOME of you think my car would fit right in, but whatever, donk isnt my style
my brother lives near the shop, he sent this crappy camera phone picture because i couldnt wait to see it in person. of course pictures do it no justice. most importantly, all the dings are gone and the doors MATCH