Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#4,206 ·
So my amp cuts itself off occasionally after sustained play (an hour or more), but still seems like it cuts out too soon. I got back there today and inspected wires, all seemed good on the amp side. I checked the ground that my friend installed for me, and lo and behold, surface rust beneath it. Sanded it smooth and shiny, reconnected, and cranked it up. All seems better. Will find out how sustained play is next time I go take it for a drive, but I anticipate it to be better.

Also took some measurements for my fan/amp rack and where I'm going to place the second amp. Excited to get it all ironed out.

#4,209 ·
It did the same thing to me ever since the accident. I mean, it was attached to the wall of the trunk behind the taillight, and the semi smashed the entire trunk into the back seat, and it took me a crowbar to pry the amp out of the trunk through the rear window, so it is impressive that it works at all. :histeric:

#4,223 ·
#4,218 ·
Finally took advantage of this gorgeous weather and waxed the Roadmaster and washed the truck.

The paint is in amazing condition for it to be a 90s era GM product and still wearing the original silver paint.
Looks great! Man those tires look huge. Are they stock size... 235/70/R15?

#4,219 ·
Still waiting for my car to be done... The delivery of the transmission has been delayed 4 times. The STS I've been driving didn't have a stereo, but I got together with my friend at the dealership and stuck a Pioneer unit in it. Still has the stock speakers so it sounds mediocre at best, but it's still music.

#4,224 ·
I simply enjoyed driving my CTS hard. On my fav curve downshifted, apexed the curve and I got it to the hairy edge without breaking the stupid tires that are currently on it. Then the rest of the way home I counted the days to stickier summer tires, wished for a better suspension and dreamed about how I will spec out my next Cadillac purchase! :)

#4,225 ·
i dont know if ihad posted on here, but i had started restoring the Nardi wheel. I didnt wait long enough between stain and poly though and it turned into a gummy mess.

i had to start over, and stripping was harder this time than the first time. finally got it done. filled in some cracks i has missed with wood filler.
used KONA colored wood stain, and after waiting 72 hours as opposed to the two hours the can suggested, i am now on the 3rd coat of poly. its looking MUCH better

#4,228 ·
12.872 @ 110.5MPH 2.134 60ft. I need to get that 60ft down.

#4,234 ·
MacMuse said:
Those are fun. I use REV app on my iPhone with my wi-fi Kiwi unit. Rev might be wi-fi only.
I've never used it before. Main reason I got it was I'm having trouble with my 06 Prius........getting a hum @ 40+ mph......want to chk the temp of the electric motors that are inside the tranny.

Do u know if anybody has codes for the Gen2 CTS for different gauges?