What did you do to your car today? - Page 120
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 950 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 170 220 620 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 14237
Like Tree7859Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Junkyard hopping picked up a cruise control cable and new door speakers, alpines lol...
    vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Junkyard hopping picked up a cruise control cable and new door speakers, alpines lol

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

Re: What did you do to your car today?

^nice. gotta love finding aftermarket speakers in the junkyard.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    ^nice. gotta love finding aftermarket speakers in the junkyard.
    Damn good condition, 4" 3-ways, $10 for both

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

17 year old Mercury Villager blew a brake line last night. Son was able to safely navigate to a parking place and call for tow.

Huge puddle of brake fluid under the right rear tire. Line gave out as it entered the wheel. Shop claims under $200 assuming they can remove rusted/frozen bolts without further damage. fingers crossed.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)
    Hoover and I are at the Valvoline Express Care getting Sabrina's oil changed.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

2002 SLS did an admirable job of travelling to New Jersey fro Virginia and back. The outdoor temperature thermometer registered 100 F degrees the whole time except for a ten mile stretch of rain in Maryland where the temperature dropped to77 F degrees. Thank God that we live in a country that takes air conditioning seriously!

Besides the oil change, I also vacuumed Sabrina out *Hoover and I had been riding with all the windows down; dog hair was everywhere), polished the wood trim with Pledge, cleaned off all the bugs that had accumulated since running through the car wash on Tuesday and took the pressure washer to the wheels, giving them a thorough cleaning. I'm hoping with the new ceramic pads, there will be less brake dust. They're supposed to be better than semi-metallic pads.

Also, on a hunch, I diagnosed the problem with Betty's COLD light:

I knew the wires from the temperature sending unit out of the block were brittle, but the lead wire from the COLD sensor had broken. Spliced it back together, and the light's working again. Fortunately, I can get a new wire lead with a new insulation sock *most of mine has long-since disintegrated) and have my mechanic put it in when he replaces the ignition switch.

It's not a very important thing, although in the winter, it's nice to know when you can turn on the heater, but it worked when I got the car *as did the one on the '64 Impala I grew up with), and I always thought it was rather charming. I like having everything on my car work.

I would prefer gauges, but they weren't available from the factory, and I don't want a bunch of gauges hanging under the dash. I don't drive the car hard, and the lights all work properly *and I've replaced all the sending units), so it's fine. The engine doesn't run hot, and I upgraded to a four-row core radiator several years ago. The only times the HOT light has come on was after exiting the freeway on a 110º day in Phoenix and another time after sitting in traffic for 20-30 minutes. On that occasion, as soon as I was moving again, the light went right out.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Thank God that we live in a country that takes air conditioning seriously!
    And that's still something U.S. car makers do better than anybody, although I understand the Europeans are much better than they were with their rather pathetic attempts in the 70s.

I had a '91 Chevy Corsica that still used Freon, and you could hang meat inside, even when it was 110º outside. I traded it for a '95 Honda Accord that was one of the early models with 134a, and it was barely adequate; my '99 Accord was better. Both the DeVille *Freon) and Seville *134a) maintain GM's reputation for world-class A/C.

Added this to my 1964 Chevrolet memorabilia collection:

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/1964-SUPER-CHEVROLET-DEALER-COURTESY-GIVE-AWAY-RARE-/00/$*KGrHqYOKiIE13kgypfcBNem)er)Ww~~_3.JPG[/img]

Dealer courtesy giveaway map of the Interstate Highway System. Will be interesting to see how much of the system was completed by 1964.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I also want everything on my car to work, the beauty of an older car is that it still can perform to the standard of its' day. If i begin to let things slide it is a good sign that the car will be finding a new home in the near future.

For me, having been one of those who traded for a new car every two to three years, I have taken special pleasure in the few cars I have held onto for extended periods. My first Seville *1976) and my Alfa Romeo 164 were kept as personal cars for over 8 years each. I am still enjoying my well kept '95 Seville STS after 8 years of "used car " ownership. With only 78,000 miles on the Seville I hope it will carry on for many more years .... or at least until something I care about driving more comes along!

ga_etc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '92 Buick Roadmaster Sedan, '05 Mini Cooper S

Gave the Roadmaster a thorough wash earlier. 92* and humid outside, but I was sick of seeing it dirty. She looks much better now. Still kinda hard to believe it's a '92 model.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

^
    Roadmaster! Yes, I see why it is named roadmaster! Any pics of interior?

ga_etc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '92 Buick Roadmaster Sedan, '05 Mini Cooper S

These were taken the day it was bought. Still looks the same.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    I also want everything on my car to work, the beauty of an older car is that it still can perform to the standard of its' day. If i begin to let things slide it is a good sign that the car will be finding a new home in the near future.

For me, having been one of those who traded for a new car every two to three years, I have taken special pleasure in the few cars I have held onto for extended periods. My first Seville *1976) and my Alfa Romeo 164 were kept as personal cars for over 8 years each. I am still enjoying my well kept '95 Seville STS after 8 years of "used car " ownership. With only 78,000 miles on the Seville I hope it will carry on for many more years .... or at least until something I care about driving more comes along!
    I've always taken pride in keeping my cars looking as good as they possibly can, as well as giving them proper maintenance. I like getting the compliments on how nice my cars are, and people usually can't believe the age. Sabrina certainly doesn't look 10 years old with 113,800 miles on her, nor did Cruella look anywhere near her age or mileage.

One of the reasons I bought Sabrina was the car had obviously been well maintained. The car was spotless inside and out, including the engine bay. Sure, a good detailer can make any car appear to look decent, but look closely, and you can still see wear and tear. At 8 years old and 72,000 miles when I bought her, Sabrina looked like a 2-year-old car at most with maybe 30,000 miles.

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

collected dust

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.