Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#3,993 ·
Swapped out the DTS for the Riv for a few days...of course, I had to jump the Riv....

Damn drain... (no, Austin, not you...)

#3,994 ·
Jesda said:
My clear corner lamps for the Saab arrived today. Shipped all the way from the United Kingdom. $130 including freight.

I really need to replace my rusty hood, but these were so cheap (they're usually $200 for the pair plus shipping) that I had to jump on them.

The end result will be:

Of course, that particular car is 20 times nicer than mine overall, but you get the idea.
That will look sweet.

#3,995 ·
Those will look nice Jesda. And if you swap that rusty hood, Duckky will look about 97% of the way there to that grey car. Other than the hood, the body on that car is quite fantastic.

I got a tint job on the Fleetwood, 20% all the way around. Dark, but nothing like 5% limo tint. Its the same thing as the back glass on SUV's. I'll have to get some pics tommorrow after I clean it up, it was all raining and crappy today.

#3,998 ·

Before

After

These UK lenses don't have an open socket for the reverse lamps that illuminate the curb when you put it in reverse, so I left those dangling. There's a round space there where I could cut a hole in the plastic housing if I really wanted to, but it's not a useful enough feature to go to any trouble over.

The UK amber bulbs shipped with the kit aren't a proper voltage or fit, causing the headlights to blink when I signal left along with loud headlight relay chatter. So, I put the clear 1157s back in for now and ordered amber 1157s from eBay for $10 (shipped as pack of 10 for some odd reason, anyone want some free amber 1157s?).

Not a very interesting story, but that's what I did this morning until 1am.

#4,000 ·
sprayed the inner wheel wells of the Cadillac down with industrial-grade truckbed liner. Even when they are cleaned, they always look gray, because the car is so dark. Were it not for all of the chrome, I could take the muscle/ratrod approach and do them crimson or neon green, but in this case, black is definitely best. Next time I have the wheels off for brakes, I will dismantle and repaint everything else that the rims are in the way of normally.

#4,002 ·
Don't fret, Sting.

When I got my Cadillac, it came with speakers in the dash...and that's it. No door speakers, no factory rear speakers...

What other people would complain about, I called "potential" and now it sets off car alarms, but not normally, because I am obnoxious, but not an *******.

#4,007 ·
After work yesterday stopped by the car wash and gave her a good cleaning, got home and garaged her for the night, woke up this morning and went over her with a microfiber cloth, shined up tires and rims.

#4,011 ·
Got a new Optima today. This time went with the group 78. Figure the extra 80cca can't hurt.

My battery was still good, but the positive side terminal had stripped out. I decided to keep it rather than sacrifice it for the measley $12 core charge. I'll use it as a stereo battery. Yay extra stuffs!