Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#3,969 ·
While I am not sure exactly how your door speakers are mounted (not like the ones in anything I have ever owned) Is it not possible to just take a saw and cut enough crap out to FIT the larger speakers? I've done it/seen it done with factory speakers in the past. You're only adding .5 of an inch, break out the dremel.

#3,972 ·
my PC7424XP flew apart, so I put my LSP on the car and drove it to work. Forgot to put my plates back on, although I did make it to the police station before I realized I had forgotten them...

The company I bought it from-- Adams Polishes--- is shipping me a new unit and postage to ship the broken one back. I will say, even I was surprised they're doing this for me.

#3,973 ·
........today. Drove the 8 miles to the local emissions test station. Only car in the 4-lane place. Done in 5 minutes, $14 poorer (for nothing), plugged the ScanGauge back into the OBD-II port and went for a drive - to the local Burger Doodle for an afternoon gutslammer.

#3,976 · (Edited)
holy crap what a day.

Wake up, take the car to Hall, tell them about the DIC and the evap solenoid as well as the new ticking coming from the recaros, I stick around to take it for a test drive, and of course, we can't duplicate it. Although they do believe me and have contacted the recaro rep. We decide I should just take the car while they wait for the rep to get back with us.

Take the car to work, blow away building records while I'm there, go back to my car and the FOB doesn't work.

So I use the emergency key, my first thought is; dead battery, but then the car starts to act strange, and I thought the CTS has a anti-drain feature besides that. the speakers start clicking and there's also a clicking noise from the engine bay's fuse box.

I try to jumpstart the car with the help from a friend, no luck. No power, not even in the DIC.

Then I notice that the DIC suddenly illuminates and for a brief moment I think I see something that says security disabled or similar, then all hell breaks loose, the windows switch led's start clicking on and off and all the solenoids and switches in the car start to make noise.

So I call onstar, who directs me to Cadillac roadside, they tell me they'll have a mobile repair tech come out. Great!

Then, 10 minutes later, they call me and tell me that they can't get a hold of the tech so it's tow time to a local dealership (colonial Cadillac; the place that screwed me last time)
At first they want to 2 wheel the thing, I tell them not an option, the car is lower than normal and the roads here are bad.

Tow truck guy gets here, and it's not a flatbed (thinking that since it's in park, i'd be dragging it on and off= bad idea) but they do have dolly's so that all 4 wheels are off the ground.

by this time my work's security is out there making sure no one's stealing my car and it hits me, they never mentioned transportation, and the tow guy says they never mentioned anything to him.

So I call onstar back, they tell me someone should have told me to call colonial for transportation. Nice..

It's almost 7:00 by now, so I know for a fact their service dept is closed, and at first I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone there, but eventually someone pics up and tells me someone's still in the service department!

So we get there, and one of the advisers acutely whips out a car for me, WIN!.

Now I'm home, typing this... and I must say, I'm truly impressed they took the time to get me a rental car 2 hours after they were closed and arranged to look at it tomorrow. I may even consider going back there because of it.

not mentioning that my dog was at home waiting for me to come home and feed him.

#3,978 · (Edited by Moderator)
M5eater said:
holy crap what a day.

Wake up, take the car to Hall, tell them about the DIC and the evap solenoid as well as the new ticking coming from the recaros, I stick around to take it for a test drive, and of course, we can't duplicate it. Although they do believe me and have contacted the recaro rep. We decide I should just take the car while they wait for the rep to get back with us.

Take the car to work, blow away building records while I'm there, go back to my car and the FOB doesn't work.

So I use the emergency key, my first thought is; dead battery, but then the car starts to act strange, and I thought the CTS has a anti-drain feature besides that. the speakers start clicking and there's also a clicking noise from the engine bay's fuse box.

I try to jumpstart the car with the help from a friend, no luck. No power, not even in the DIC.

Then I notice that the DIC suddenly illuminates and for a brief moment I think I see something that says security disabled or similar, then all hell breaks loose, the windows switch led's start clicking on and off and all the solenoids and switches in the car start to make noise.

So I call onstar, who directs me to Cadillac roadside, they tell me they'll have a mobile repair tech come out. Great!

Then, 10 minutes later, they call me and tell me that they can't get a hold of the tech so it's tow time to a local dealership (colonial Cadillac; the place that screwed me last time)
At first they want to 2 wheel the thing, I tell them not an option, the car is lower than normal and the roads here are bad.

Tow truck guy gets here, and it's not a flatbed (thinking that since it's in park, i'd be dragging it on and off= bad idea) but they do have dolly's so that all 4 wheels are off the ground.

by this time my work's security is out there making sure no one's stealing my car and it hits me, they never mentioned transportation, and the tow guy says they never mentioned anything to him.

So I call onstar back, they tell me someone should have told me to call colonial for transportation. Nice..

It's almost 7:00 by now, so I know for a fact their service dept is closed, and at first I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone there, but eventually someone pics up and tells me someone's still in the service department!

Now I'm home, typing this... and I must say, I'm truly impressed they took the time to get me a rental car 2 hours after they were closed and arranged to look at it tomorrow. I may even consider going back there because of it.

not mentioning that my dog was at home waiting for me to come home and feed him.
Wow......that's a messed up evening. Glad to hear that the advisor at least took care if u.

#3,979 ·
M5eater said:
holy crap what a day.

Wow.

#3,983 ·
My dealer's service department is open until midnight, and there's a Chevy dealer across town in an upscale suburb with a service department open until 2 am !

Most dealers around here cut the night shift, but the ones that kept it are reaping the benefits!

#3,990 ·

My clear corner lamps for the Saab arrived today. Shipped all the way from the United Kingdom. $130 including freight.

I really need to replace my rusty hood, but these were so cheap (they're usually $200 for the pair plus shipping) that I had to jump on them.

The end result will be:

Of course, that particular car is 20 times nicer than mine overall, but you get the idea.