Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#3,904 ·
Filling them all up w/gas, since it's $2.97 -- and taking white wagon in for a wash -- after the Detroit drive, it's grey instead of white. It's going to rain tonight and for two days -- so I've got to finish unloading it as well... Plan to swap it out for the DCM tomorrow.

#3,905 ·
$2.97 for gas? I am so jelly!

Today, my spark plug wire looms came in. They're slightly dorky, but I think they're freakin' awesome.

These, but in red:

Yay! Now that my #2 wire isn't contacting the header, the car sounds and feels MUCH better.

I am pleased with my purchase. New fancy wiper blades arrive tomorrow.

#3,906 ·
So so dirty!

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Sedan Family car

#3,911 ·
You could've gotten lucky and got a new 2012 Camry, that's a 100x better car than the one it replaces. Still I'm having a very hard time thinking of a more miserable new car than the Versa, maybe a Chevy Aveo(discontinued though). The old Camry wasn't bad, just very ugly and CHEAP interior. I think I'd rather roll around in well preserved, nice 1992 Camry than a 2012 Versa.

#3,925 ·
Nah.

I'm slowly blacking out every chrome trim piece on my car. I dislike it.

Needs more satin black.

On topic:

Today... my Bosch Icons arrived. Put on the H-body wipers and the new blades. Holy shit, it's a night and day difference. Having 4 squirters instead of two, and the contoured blades makes them SO much better. I can see clearer than I have ever seen through the front of this car.

#3,929 ·
Noticed when in the garage turned car on and only 1 of the low beams lite up
so turned off and back on didn't come on left it on for about 15 20 minutes came on fine
drove to the car wash then to lunch when i turned the car back on after the gas station and wash went out to check lamp was not on drove about 35 minutes to meet a friend for lunch
got out light was still not on

So got home pulled the HID ballasts swapped them to the other side from each other the one still didn't work then took the bulb out to check see if that was the problem bulb in the bad ballast worked fine

so then i contact SHARP HID they have to have there tech call me
before they can go ahead with a RMA echange
not sure why they have to do that if the i tested it in the other side and its the ballast not the bulb wondering why thtey cant just send me a RMA so i can send the Ballast back and they can then send me a replacment or fix mine and sent it back

and then with my luck found out the tech was out of town and would call or email me in the next few days

so thats what i did
messed around with the headlamps and got her washed up

#3,930 ·
I too dropped off my car at the dealer. The 100,000 mile mark is quickly approaching, and I want to get everything as good as possible.

They did a full inspection, and will be replacing both motor mounts and other work, details later.

Oh, and here's my loaner.

2012 CTS4

A little too much road & wind noise for my liking, but certainly nicer than, say, a Versa. ;)