What did you do to your car today? - Page 111
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 958 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 161 211 611 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 14370
Like Tree7976Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Had to take my V to a full brush car wash yesterday. It rained heading up to Kennebunkport, ME on ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Had to take my V to a full brush car wash yesterday. It rained heading up to Kennebunkport, ME on Friday but was gorgeous yesterday and today. The wash cost $19 but was really, really good. Very little road grime anywhere afterwards, even in most of the creases. The wheel cleaner worked well but I had to take tire shine as it was unmanned and came on every wash except the basic. The tire shine wasn't blotchy like most of the roll on stuff and it didn't get slung all over the fenders once away.

And mah V looked stunning in the grass by the main entrance of the swanky resort my cousin blew all the grandparents' estate money on for the reception...

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quick pass with the California Duster and then cut the grass................

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Had to take my V to a full brush car wash yesterday.
    Brave soul that you are, I couldn't do it. Hell I don't even do brush-less automatic car washes. Mine will just stay dirty till a proper hand wash can be found.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

The Camaro doesn't seem to like any auto wash. The "character lines" in the doors never get cleaned. Nor does the rear diffuser. I think you have to have a car that is slab-sided all the way around for an auto wash to clean it fully.

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Brave soul that you are, I couldn't do it. Hell I don't even do brush-less automatic car washes. Mine will just stay dirty till a proper hand wash can be found.
    Honestly, there are brushed washes safer than many touchless ones. Some of the soaps they use have to be so aggressive.

Anyway, I was incredibly anal with my '04 as I was planning to have that for life. The '09 I still baby but I'll do an automatic here and there if it's a good one...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I was incredibly anal with my '04

You could only wish...

i have learned not to wish anymore. or hope.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

caddy sat today- it was too hot *and I had to work). working in 100 degree weather sucks. especially when you're not getting paid much and you're working inside with no AC and fans that just blow hot air at you.
    went to a flea market before work and picked up a set of KLH model 23 speakers *from 1968). $10 very well spent.
    also picked up a second computer fan for my amp *only cost me $1 at the aforementioned flea market)

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Well I didn't get all the electronics in, but the puter, GPS, and joystick are working marvelous. The OBDII is recognized, but won't record for data logging *yet). The HD Radio has a bad USB adapter so that'll have to be replaced Wednesday.

Luckily, my sound switch is amazing! I had Sunset Orange Creations modify one of his Corvette C6 Ipod cables with a Navone Engineering Auto-Trigger circiut and a relay so as soon as the navone unit senses sound from the PC it swaps the headunit audio input from the XM unit to the PC. WOW! It works perfectly, almost instantaneous. I drove around today with just the nav running on the PC and it interrupted the XM radio with its initial tone and the turn by turn directions came over the headunit crystal clear. Speaking of crystal clear - my lossless album collection on the PC*apx 230 albums) sounds fantastic in this car! Better than CD quality, active EQ, spatial expansion, front stage is dead on, and the subs are clean and crisp. This PC setup doesn't have any noise from the engine, electrical, or unshielded speaker connections.

This thing is going to be a dream on a long roadtrip. Aside from the albums I have just under 30K of MP3s, about 400 music videos, and a little over 100 movies.

Tomorrow I test the internet radio and hopefully build the tablet cover. Oh and finally replace these bald tires.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

I prefer to wash my car in my driveway, but when I'm short on time or in the winter, I'll run it through an automatic wash. I'd say I was anal about keeping my cars looking spiffy, but TBJS or Jimmeh would have something tacky to say.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Seville and Escalade get auto washes, and if they're good, auto washes with attendants. The Ram doesn't know what a car wash is.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Quote Originally Posted by submariner409 View Post
    Quick pass with the California Duster and then cut the grass................

That was the first thing i bought when i got my Eldo, almost a year with it, it's dirty, and works really good still. Just used it this morning, i dust my car off before heading to work everyday.

Oh, I forgot my purchase yesterday. Got a couple of Corvette C5 Z06 rear wheels for drag radials for the V. Paid $300 which is OK. BUT, come to find out I got a set of Alcoa forged rims. woohoo. I believe they were only made for the '02 model year. Others had slightly heavier Speedline cast wheels.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

Went autocrossing with my club yesterday, still waiting for the times to be posted online but I know I beat the other 335i in my class that had an ECU flash, catless downpipes, and much better tires

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.