What did you do to your car today? - Page 106
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 922 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 156 206 606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 13821
Like Tree7572Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, What did you do to your car today? in General Discussion; Holy shit what is that?! Arizona scares me....
    Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Holy shit what is that?!

Arizona scares me.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

No hurricanes in Arizona...

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Yeah, I heard about that dust storm that hit Phoenix and saw some of the pictures. Looks like f*cking doomsday. Shut down Sky Harbor for more than an hour. I know if I were waiting to board I flight, I sure as hell wouldn't want a jet engine ingesting all that crap. For that matter, I wouldn't want to subject my car's engine to that either.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

The wind speed reached to 100MPH, and the storm hit Tempe, Mesa, and other cities in the valley as well. At 7:15PM it was half sunny half cloudy and I entered to the building I work in to grab my stuff and head back to home. After a 10 minute email checking when I "tried" to leave the building I observed myself surrounded by a crazy storm. The visibility was less than 10 feet. So I returned back inside the building. After being trapped in the building for two hours, the storm went away.....

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

After two months and $600, Betty's still got an electrical drain. Decided to drive her to work today since it's going to be 88º, and I wanted to make sure the A/C is working properly before I go to Washington next weekend. Turned the key, and the battery is completely dead. Fortunately, I hooked the jumper cables up to the Seville, and she started right up.

I think the problem is a bad ignition switch that's leaving the car in the "on" position and draining the battery. Normally, with the key off, the blinkers don't blink and the radio goes off, but that's not the case right now. My mechanic wanted to replace the ignition switch, but could not get the bezel on the dash off. Since it's all scratched to hell now, I'm getting a new bezel, new dash trim (also scratched, but some of that was already there) and a new ignition switch, which I hope will finally cure the f*cking problem. In the meantime, I'm just going to disconnect the negative battery cable when she's parked in the garage.

In other news, I had to reorder the crankshaft position sensor for the Seville, this time from Rock Auto. The dealership in Texas where I've bought other OEM parts had it on backorder. Still getting an AC Delco part, so I hope it will last longer than the NAPA one installed in 2009. Also ordered front brake pads and rotors. Will have everything installed next week. Also, since my extended warranty has less than 4,000 miles before it expires, I'm going to have him to a thorough check for any problems, including a block test. There has been no indication that the headgaskets are in danger of failing, the temperature gauge goes to the midpoint and parks with no deviation — at all — ever in the 2 1/2 years I've own the car. But I still want to check it.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    Holy shit what is that?!

Arizona scares me.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Sand only belongs on the beach.

Anything else is just criminal.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

You know the 86 Toronado is a pretty sharp looking car IMO. IMO its about the only car GM released from that 84-88 timeframe that didn't look like another one of their models. Way better looking than the 86 Riveria and Eldorado, which looked like a Buick skylark.

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

I have been through a few of those sandstorms in Palm Springs... Scary as shit. One of them ripped a neighbor's iron gazebo (bolted to the concrete) off of the ground, mangled it, and dropped it in our yard... One of those storms destroyed a whole storage unit of our stuff, too. Say goodbye to my favorite old turntable...

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

Found out my STS has a blown speaker today That's another expense I didn't need, but I won't let it bother me. In other news I got some brake pads for it today, and my gasket kit is coming on Saturday. Now to order some studs from Jake and I can get it rolling again

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    I washed an waxed my car yesterday evening and a few hours latter a crazy dust storm came and buried my shiny STS in a thick layer of dust!

Yup, good ole phoenix, i got used to those when i was in Tempe.

STS_Seville_Hunter is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 ETC, 91 STS, 98 Eldo Convertable, '93 Seville

Quote Originally Posted by brandondeleo View Post
    I have been through a few of those sandstorms in Palm Springs... Scary as shit. One of them ripped a neighbor's iron gazebo (bolted to the concrete) off of the ground, mangled it, and dropped it in our yard... One of those storms destroyed a whole storage unit of our stuff, too. Say goodbye to my favorite old turntable...
    I've lived here long enough to beused to it. Never used to getting hit by flying trash cans though!

You thought those Riattas are rare check what I saw in pick your part...

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Rodya234 View Post
    Found out my STS has a blown speaker today That's another expense I didn't need, but I won't let it bother me. In other news I got some brake pads for it today, and my gasket kit is coming on Saturday. Now to order some studs from Jake and I can get it rolling again
    Very common on '98-'00 Seville's with Bose system. If you get a used speaker, make sure it isn't blown as well. They have a tendency to do that and Cadillac updated the speaker design in '02 or so so they were more reliable. I had two of them blown in the front doors during my 3 year ownership, and I've also replaced the subwoofer.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Someone bought the display that was in the white one. I guess the good weather today got people out to the yard.

I'd love to get a VIC system working, put it in a wooden case, and use it as a desk clock.
    did you check the trunk? IIRC the white ones display was in the trunk.

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Very common on '98-'00 Seville's with Bose system. If you get a used speaker, make sure it isn't blown as well. They have a tendency to do that and Cadillac updated the speaker design in '02 or so so they were more reliable. I had two of them blown in the front doors during my 3 year ownership, and I've also replaced the subwoofer.
    There's a TSB that discussed it, apparently the fix came in May of 2000, and was applied to cars built after that date. If I sell my deVille, I'll replace both front door speakers with new ones from GMpartsdirect. If not I'll try to find a good used one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.