Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#3,557 ·
Had to rotate the tires on the Town Car. Was going to do an oil change but I'll do that later. I have a 1.5 ton jack that doesn't get the front end high enough so I use ramps for that. And I need to use the jack to rotate the tires front to back, so...

Got all sweaty doing that(on Dec 22nd?) so I hopped in the V tooling around with the windows down and moonroof open to cool down and get a late dinner. Twas a GORGEOUS day today as it was near 60 and sunny, but it definitely looks like snow now. It's a milky overcast that signifies a coming storm. Not too much, though. A wintry mix that may drop a couple inches.

#3,562 ·
Ordered mudflaps for the Cadillac, which I have put off several times in the past, found a note left on my car from someone named "Lipglossy" saying that I should meet them (Rather not) and had a handful of drunk girls cheer and shout as I passed by them blasting some good old-fashioned Bostonian Irish music a bit over an hour ago outside of an Irish Pub that is immediately beside three neighboring funeral homes. Gotta love the Historic District. Off to work shortly and it has already been a highly productive day, methinks.

#3,564 ·
I ordered the plenum boot and intake manifold gasket set from Amazon. $24 including shipping. Looks like I'll be spending some of my weekend in the garage.

I was still able to take the Seville on yet another trip to Kansas City and back without any issues besides CEL and rough idle. It was smooth as glass on I-70; it really is a fantastic car, and when I think about what to replace it with, I draw a blank.

My rear air springs are worn though. :| Might bypass them.

#3,578 ·
A cherry, low mileage '03 STS, while you can still get one and they're not too old. Drive the wheels off of it like you do, then get an '06+ DTS Performance or Platinum.

#3,569 ·
Been workin on the wood steering wheel lately. Had bought a can of citristrip and it does work pretty well.

This is the second coat of CitriStrip, i didnt have gloves or anything to scrub it with, so i wasted a good bit of it trying to get it to do all the work on its own

This is after i got gloves and used shop rag to wipe the citristrip down and scrub the wheel. i had also used some mineral spirits to help. I was SUPPOSED to use a stripping pad, which i guess is more abrasive. Id probably be done by now if i had one of those

And this is after wiping off all the gunk, and letting it dry out a bit. you can see the spots where the coating is being stubborn. I want to get it done before i leave to new york for a week, which will hopefully give it time to let all the chemicals dry out of the wood. That way i can go ahead and start the staining process

#3,571 ·
Jesda said:
I was still able to take the Seville on yet another trip to Kansas City and back without any issues besides CEL and rough idle. It was smooth as glass on I-70; it really is a fantastic car, and when I think about what to replace it with, I draw a blank.
08/09 STS on CPO. Yeah, not as much user serviceable stuff, but very nice. N* if you have CPO.

#3,581 ·
You can pick them up from Amazon good prices i have seen them anywhere from 100 each for open box returns to 450 each for Monroe aftermarket active
and 300-700 each for acdelco on amazon
i just put 2 new rear Active shocks a few months back on my 2000 sls with 192k now

#3,582 ·

Started Christmas eve, 11am
Finished Christmas eve, 2pm

Replaced the intake coupler/plenum. Idles better and feels like there's more power now. Found a one-inch gash in the rubber that was allowing unmetered air to seep through.
The kit ($24, Amazon) came with intake manifold gaskets so I replaced those too. The challenge was putting the plastic manifold back in place while making sure the new gasket pieces didn't fall out. Clearance under the fuel rail is limited (I'm sure there's a bolt that I neglected to undo which would have made it easier). I cleaned the throttle body somewhat while I was in there.

Normally I prefer to have someone else do this kind of work, but I hate to pay someone to replace something that's right on top, easily visible. The job was tedious but straightforward. I should have just asked for plenum replacement as a Christmas gift. Oh well.

#3,583 ·
yesterday I spent 2 or 3 hours giving her a good sprucing up. She certinally needed it! Unfortunatly, I've now noticed that there's a rise in the rear bumper, which looks like from where it was left on the paint rack.. You can see it on the passenger side where the relfection has a nice distortion.

#3,589 ·
Drove it yesterday. Dropping it into 3rd as I merged from the slow lane into the middle lane(I had just got on I-290) and getting it slightly sideways was fun. Had the guy in the fast lane in the S4 slow down to take notice. I think his girl was more impressed.

#3,592 ·
Today, I had my car cleaned up with some turtle wax I got from a friend. I was supposed to visit the local restoration shop for my scheduled clinic but was not able to do so for bad weather so I opted to do just the same at the comfort of my own garage.

I did not have the proper tools so it is not as fancy as it should have appeared. I guess it would be in for another 6 months for another scheduled appointment.

#3,593 ·
Today i woke up looked out the window and said to my car its to dam cold for me to wash you we goin to the car wash they have a half price discount this month on what they call the whole thing lol
looked at the paper and said hell no cause its supposed to rain tomorrow apologized to the caddy and said sorry no wash today lol