Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your car today?

2M views 19K replies 451 participants last post by  StarFighter1 
#1 ·
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

#3,486 ·
hmm i i wonder if active suspension in a SLS was a Special order item perhaps then

i just know i am 100% positive i have active struts and shocks and i know my car is a sls lol
i wonder if they changed in 01 to only have it in the SLS perhaps

if compnine was still up id go look it up and see if any 01 vins match with F45 but its not up anyone els know a way to check this out ?

----------

According to this link here
in 2001 there where some upgrades to the CVRSS in the 01 sts
and the 01 sls has mono tube shocks and struts i think it said
i wonder what the CVRSS upgrades where that it recived if a 01 struts and rear shock works on a 2000 then how did they change it i wonder
http://www.conceptcarz.com/z18395/Cadillac-Seville.aspx

and apparently in this next link i give you here
it is saying the 2000 Seville SLS and STS have the CVRSS suspension
form the way it is worded it almost makes it seem as if it is standard ont he SLS and the STS in 2000 and that the Passive was not a option on sls or available on sls in 2000 from the sounds of it at least that is how it sounds but not sure
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z158/Cadillac-Seville.aspx

#3,485 ·
Nah, lol. The control arm was bent, and it was on the planned mod list anyway. It broke today when I was taking a turn a wee bit harder and faster than I probably should have. Fortunately it was at the end of my street, so I babied it home at around 10mph and pulled it into the driveway.

In other news: finally got around to installing my billet aluminum shift lever that's been hanging around my house for the last 2 months. Love it, it looks great. Also, since I couldn't drive anywhere, and I missed my car, I cleaned it out and vacuumed the interior. Feels good, man.

#3,492 ·
Picture of said billet shift lever. I'm thinking it would work on my Caddy, was your stock lever a piece of black plastic junk like mine??? On my 1991 Brougham it was a piece of chromed metal with a plastic knob on the end, way superior to the black plastic junk in my 95.

#3,491 ·
That is pretty sweet.

I tell you, I had my eyes on that model for a couple of years before deciding to go the cheap route with the Craftsman. I'm happy with the Craftsman as it's strong enough to undo and tighten the lugs on the V at the track(I use a torque wrench to tighten them down, anyways), but still...

#3,496 ·
drove the allante to work today. i had "put it away" over a week ago.

Both door panels are off, the door speakers are both out and the passenger floorboard is a mess. Still enjoyed driving it, except for not being able to go through drive through and having to use the linkage-rod to open the door. (door panel is of, door handle is off, window switch dangles if not on door panel.

#3,502 ·
The burgundy tends to fade.... both of mine are like that...

#3,508 ·
Earlier today I called the only Cadillac dealership on the island to see how much they are asking for one front strut mount (including bearing). The guys said $172 for each corner!!!!! This is what happens when you have just one single dealership on the whole island of Oahu.... The frustrating part is that the list price for this part is $121.39...

#3,513 · (Edited)
$172 is just for a strut mount, not the strut itself....

----------

A lot of that surcharge is likely freight....
So $50 more for the shipment cost of a 1-lbs item? Even if you post it using "air mail", it will cost you less than that!
Orconn had a good point, ocean transportation is cheaper than truck transportation. So transporting something from the west coast to Hawaii should actually cost less than transporting the same thing to the east coast. This is more about monopoly in both dealer side and the shipping company.

#3,512 ·
A lot of that surcharge is likely freight....

#3,514 ·
A 1# overnight shipment from Bentonville, AR to Honolulu in a Fedex standard box is $61 standard list and $44 using my not insignificant corporate discount. 2 Day service is $34/$24.

Dealers here on the mainland don't even stock half the parts they need, and overnight stuff in all the time.

Plus, it's HI, and they're screwing you because basically they can....

#3,516 ·
"Swim home...Cadillac boy..."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA..."