The EPA, cars, and E15
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, The EPA, cars, and E15 in General Discussion; Log into your favorite news outlet and surf to the forthcoming decision (tomorrow) by the U.S. EPA that E15 is ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

The EPA, cars, and E15

Log into your favorite news outlet and surf to the forthcoming decision (tomorrow) by the U.S. EPA that E15 is "safe" for engines built after 2000.

Kiss your gas mileage even further goodbye..........."Big Brother knows what is best for you" (and so does the Corn Belt Lobby).

While you're at it, log into the Senate and House sites and find out which Senators and Representatives championed this 50% increase in the corn/ethanol requirements....................

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jayoldschool is online now GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

Re: The EPA, cars, and E15

Good thing all my cars were made after 2000! Oh, wait... what?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Oh no, not more ethanol.

ejguillot is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

Crap. Wonder how long E10 will still be available... And it sucks to think that now I can look at E10 as the "not so bad" stuff!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

SDCaddyLacky is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham, Past: 72 Sedan, 68 Coupe Deville

LOL that some funny but true shit! Corn is in every damn thing, even in stuff totally unexpected.

Politicians don't work for us, they work for their backers, corporations. I still can't believe how much the US subsidizes corn farmers, it's like they're basically paying these people to produce more and more for fuel and cheap commodities that doesn't help heal this country, if anything corn based products promote obesity.

Why not subsidizes healthy organic foods? Give farmers that truly care about making healthy food for the nation help make the food more affordable for average families.

Damn ethanol, all the classic car guys should take notice on this. It's not about doing whats right for cars or fuel economy, it's about paying back BIG CORN! Bastards

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Quote Originally Posted by SDCaddyLacky View Post
    LOL that some funny but true shit! Corn is in every damn thing, even in stuff totally unexpected.

Politicians don't work for us, they work for their backers, corporations. I still can't believe how much the US subsidizes corn farmers, it's like they're basically paying these people to produce more and more for fuel and cheap commodities that doesn't help heal this country, if anything corn based products promote obesity.

Why not subsidizes healthy organic foods? Give farmers that truly care about making healthy food for the nation help make the food more affordable for average families.

Damn ethanol, all the classic car guys should take notice on this. It's not about doing whats right for cars or fuel economy, it's about paying back BIG CORN! Bastards
    Totally agreed!!!!!

I am pretty damn liberal in my politics, but I am definitely in the camp of voting out the incumbent, regardless of political party. I will always vote for the challenger, provided they aren't some tea bagger nut case.

And ethanol is probably one of the biggest wastes of our tax dollars. Without the federal government corn subsidies, E85 would be $1-3 higher than gas. Needless to say all these subsidies are needlessly inflating the price of your regular e10 grade gas. If I had to guess, e10 subsidies are inflating your prices by at least 15 cents a gallon. Not to mention the inflation of food prices, since more corn is being turned into fuel instead of grain/food.

Anyways, the real point behind government subsidies for ethanol is to artificially inflate the price for corn, and corn futures. All this really does in enrich the large 5,000+ acre corn farmers, investors, future/commodities traders, and agribusiness companies like McCormick, Archer Daniels Midland, Cargill, etc.

SDCaddyLacky is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham, Past: 72 Sedan, 68 Coupe Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    Totally agreed!!!!!

I am pretty damn liberal in my politics, but I am definitely in the camp of voting out the incumbent, regardless of political party. I will always vote for the challenger, provided they aren't some tea bagger nut case.

And ethanol is probably one of the biggest wastes of our tax dollars. Without the federal government corn subsidies, E85 would be $1-3 higher than gas. Needless to say all these subsidies are needlessly inflating the price of your regular e10 grade gas. If I had to guess, e10 subsidies are inflating your prices by at least 15 cents a gallon. Not to mention the inflation of food prices, since more corn is being turned into fuel instead of grain/food.

Anyways, the real point behind government subsidies for ethanol is to artificially inflate the price for corn, and corn futures. All this really does in enrich the large 5,000+ acre corn farmers, investors, future/commodities traders, and agribusiness companies like McCormick, Archer Daniels Midland, Cargill, etc.
    Your exactly right when you say the subsidies are to artificially inflate the price of corn, purposely to expand the already powerful corn corporations, and everybody else in between. I am also liberal to moderate in my beliefs (not an environmental maniac), but far too many times even Democrats politicians that you would think are for the people, are just simply working for BIG whoever, doing things in congress that solely benefit CEO's and their stockholders of large publicly traded companies. BIG CORN is like the rest of them, BIG OIL, BIG BANKS, BIG PHARMA, BIG DEVELOPERS, BIG FOOD, all the most powerful names in the biz that run, control, and dominate this country. D.C Congress are pawns for these businesses, nothing more.

We need to move away, far away from corn based products, there really isn't anything truly healthy in corn, look at cows that are grass fed, and compare them to corn fed ones. The corn fed cows are much fatter, unhealthier, and tend to attain higher levels of the horrible strain E.Coli. No wonder so many Beef recalls have been made in recent years, look what they are eating! Not only that, but they are eating GMO or (Genetically Modified) corn which is even worse, and causing all kinds of diseases in cows and in humans. High Fructose corn syrup is an example, it's highly processed highly modified way to make certain foods taste sweet. It's terrible for you and your digestive tract.

Ethanol is a joke, and wont save the planet from anything. Eventually oil prices are going to skyrocket like they did a few years ago, and what will US do? Absolutely nothing. We wont do anything about anything unless our backs are up against the wall in time of a crisis. Hydrogen should be the key for the near future, what else are we going to do when oil reserves become diminished? And OPEC decides to screw us over big time? We need far more alternatives, but like I said, who do the politicians work for? Do we really think they will let BIG OIL down? If people drove cars that allowed for various amounts of alternative fuels to be used, gas consumptions would dip, thus lowering profits for the BIG OIL. They wont allow it to happen. BIG PHARMA wants all of us to be sick, very sick, so you and I can keep buying their drugs that kill people. BIG FOOD puts chemical poisons and toxins that get us sick on purpose, so BIG PHARMA benefits off your illness. It's all one BIG GIANT HAPPY FAMILY working as one to control America and it's interest. You gotta give it to them, they really know how to fool the American people. A Cure for Cancer? NO WAY!! That means no money for BIG PHARMA, all those marathon races for the cure is complete bogus! People need to realize drug companies don't want to cure anything, why can't anyone see this? If they did, nobody would donate money to any cancer research programs which all goes to creating new drugs to make money off, not cures. The FDA is a perfect example of uber corruption at it's finest.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

We're from the government, and we're here to help!

jayoldschool is online now GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

I am happy to be in Canada. I can still get ethanol-free gas (usually just 91 or 93 octane, though), and we don't use HFCS in all of our foods like the US. We still use good old fashioned cane sugar. Soda, ketchup, everything... tastes better, and is better for you.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Yeah, you are, including in my....
    I really don't understand... let's take a look from another point of view too... Do you know how many people in the world are suffering from hunger? And here government is using the food as fuel!!!

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

Corn has pretty much no nutritional value. Besides, the world is already overpopulated.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
    Corn has pretty much no nutritional value.
    Wrong! Cereals are the prime source of calories for many people around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
    Besides, the world is already overpopulated.
    I am not sure what do you exactly mean and what do you want to say!

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Its a lousy fuel, wasteful, inefficient, expensive to transport, bad for engines and better used as food for people or livestock.

Obama needs a 'winner'. E15.

Yeah, that'll work!

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

who saw "The Informant" with Matt Damon? ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.