Cadillac Owners Forum banner

The Citroen Metropolis Concept

2K views 36 replies 14 participants last post by  I~LUV~Caddys8792 
#1 ·
Citroen plans on entering the luxury sedan market. It'll be interesting to see how much different the production model will be compared to this concept. It'll be launched first in China for their emerging market. Whether you like it or not, it's hard to deny it'll be a head turner...

See less See more
#3 ·
I too always liked Citroens and found them to be....interesting to say the least. I hope to see them again soon in the US market.

#11 ·
I don't like the wheels, I've just seen too many Cadillacs and other inappropriate cars with 22" versions to like their use on this Citroen. But while liking many Citroen designs, I have to say that the company seems to feel it is necessary to add unique "Citroen" feature so you are sure that it is French!

#14 ·
Outrageous.

But the wheels belong on my Gardeners peekup.

#17 ·
It's interesting that some see the wheels on this Ciroen as being "aftermarket" and cheap! If cast in alloy and well finished I would imagine that these wheels would be anything but "cheap." But I understand, given the availability of wheels of similar design made from plastic and chrome "plated" from "Manny, Mo and Jack", that many, including myself, wouldn't like them.

I have be trying to visualize what design wheels would look good on this Citroen and really haven't come up with a wheel design that would look good. Maybe one of you can come up with a suggestion?

#21 ·
That's because you are too young to remember the Renaults, Peugeots and Citroens from the "70s and '80s. French cars with the Gordini touch were very competitive in European rally racing, as the high performance versions are today. The U.S. automotive press doesn't pay much attention because French cars are no longer sold here.

#25 ·
Citroen's stablemate Peugeot has long been a user of Italian Industrial design houses for their car designs, as have numerous other car companies including Rolls-Royce, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that this Citroen was designed by Bertone. The car also bears a strong resemblance to several other models offered by other automakers, Lamborghini and Aston-Martin come to mind.

#26 ·
I had a laugh today. I saw a couple of fella's taking some 24" wheels and tires out of the bed of their Peekup today and roll them into a pawn shop.

I think there's a Citroen on blocks somewhere (or my Gardeners Peekup is on blocks)

#28 ·
I can't, it's burned in my brain. Stunning car, ridin' on Donks.

#29 ·
Hold everthing folks! The wheels are the least of the problems; have you seen the front end of this car? I just knew the pictures above were too good to be true .... the French habit of hoisting a good design on its' own petard has struck again. Google Citroen Metropolitan and take a look at the front end .... it looks like an angry Kirby vaccuum cleaner in search of dust bunnies! The grill on that thing so contradicts the sleek and beautiful silhouette it's enoungh to curdle your Brie!

Ooh La la! Sacre bleu! Mais non! Mais non! ..... C'est la merde.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.