Aside from Cadillacs? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Aside from Cadillacs? in General Discussion; You would what? lol...
    Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Re: Aside from Cadillacs?

You would what? lol

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Quote Originally Posted by csbuckn View Post
    So Nightwolf, have you ever worried about the short wheel base and tipping? Any close calls that you could blame on the design of the wrangler? Thats another reason I like the four door wrangler. Just asking cause one will probably be in my near future, I just love all the options and assesories. Plus the "no doors, no top" thing is nice.
    The wheelbase dosen't have much to do with tipping on road or off, off-road a Jeep is far more likey to tip side to side then it will front to back.

Despite what it may appear, it actually takes ALOT to tip a Jeep, I'm talking about some serious of-camber (sideways sloped) terrain, obsticals and alot of use of the throttle. This is all off-road.

On road? I don't feel it is tippy at all. Not as stable as the BMW or a normal car, but not much worse then an SUV.

Sometimes I drive mine rather aggressive on the road, including taking turns pretty quick. The Jeep feels stable and predictible. It has factory front and rear sway bars and the aftermarket shocks on mine are on the firm side, so body roll is surprisingly not bad. I can push it harder then what most would expect from a Jeep. I'm not saying it is made for handling, I'm just saying that they don't have the "hit a curb and roll" properties that some make them out to have.

I just assumed that with no windows/roof, that you'd get hit w/a lot of dust while you're driving.

I guess it's what you're used to -- it's hotter than hell here, and from what you said even hotter there.....I would *u** out the first time I drove it.
    I suppose if you were in an extremley dusty enviornment, yeah. But normal day to day road driving? No. When off-road if there is alot of dirt/dust and it is very dry so everhything is getting stirred up from the other vehicles, yeah there is dust all over, and it covers the inside of the Jeep too. It's no biggie tho, within miniutes I can have the dash wiped down and the rest hosed out.

The heat, IMO is the worst when the sun is beating on you, and you are not moving. By having the safari top on the Jeep, I am covered and in shade, without it, it gets very hot and I get sunburned, yes. Also when moving even 25+mph there is enough air movement to keep you cool enough inside the Jeep. Ever go boating?

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Not if I can help it ;-)

The extent of my outdoor activities are barbecuing, skeet/trap shooting, golf, and taking the dog for a trail hike.

I didn't catch that you kept the roof on it -- that would make it better than a convertible.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Damn, looks like my reply got hosed during Sal's conversion. Oh, well. Whenever Rick blathers on about that frackin' Jeep, all I hear is this.

And while Rick accuses me of being black and white about cars, then he goes and does the same damn thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf View Post
    Unless in rare (on/off road performance) occassions, without a bloody clutch, a vehicle is not involving.
    I recognize my car isn't your cup of tea. But the know-it-all tone of your posts implies that I don't know what driver involvement or a good handling car is because I don't think your stupid Jeep is as great as you think it is.

Sheesh, are you as much an insufferable bore on the Jeep forum as you are here?

Kev
    Kev is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....

Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    The gauntlet has been thrown down.
    ... Gary starts it off with a challenge! . ... 27 words to start ....

I agree
    ..... and Rick comes back with a 524 word response!

Gee, another long-ass dissertation from Rick.
    .... OH! Gary trumps Rick with a 690 word rebuttal!

Fixed it for ya
    ... a 550 word effort from Rick, a slight increase from his first .......

Damn, looks like my reply got hosed during Sal's conversion. Oh, well.
    Rick ... you ... insufferable bore ...
    OH!! What an upset! Gary is stumped by technical difficulties!!! only 107 words ..... Oh, that's a shame. He was gaining so nicely too!!

..Awe ....

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

This is fun.

Aaaaaaaand we're off!
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

I love the play-by-play word count!

No need for me to say any more. I've made my point. I actually felt hypocritical for my 690-word post since I think Rick is a long-winded bore.

He can go bouncing down the road shifting gears with the wind in his hair (something I can't enjoy no matter how open the car) while I zip up and down the lovely back roads around here enjoying the speed, comfort and handling ability of my big, boring automatic FWD sedan.

U also like to mention and continue 2 bring up, or make a comment about Jeeps, my Jeep, or my preference in vehicles much more often then I do, yet my Jeep is such a bore to u - sounds hypocritical along with ur 690-word count reply.

I love the play-by-play word count!

No need for me to say any more. I've made my point. I actually felt hypocritical for my 690-word post since I think Rick is a long-winded bore.

He can go bouncing down the road shifting gears with the wind in his hair (something I can't enjoy no matter how open the car) while I zip up and down the lovely back roads around here enjoying the speed, comfort and handling ability of my big, boring automatic FWD sedan.
    U contradict urself:

And the weather is now perfect for top-down motoring.
    from here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-roadster.html

Which you seemed to really enjoy:

After driving top with the top down 99% of the time
    There was much praise about it too such as:

Driving enjoyment is tops with me. The Z3 was a blast; I loved the engine/gearbox combination as well as its handling.
    Which BTW:

while I zip up and down the lovely back roads around here enjoying the speed, comfort and handling ability of my big, boring automatic FWD sedan.
    Why pick my off-road vehicle to compare on your lovely back roads? Ur big, boring automatic FWD sedan would be looking at the back of my e30 on your favorite driving roads

No need for me to say any more. I've made my point.
    But you also make the point to make the last post in these little debates that you start....

Anyway, it was kool to go back and see what I was saying about the e30 then, and compare it to now. Damn, if there was one thing in the automotive world I made the right choice in, it was getting that car.

#1: You drive a yellow Jeep and go on and on about how great it is and how everybody else's car sucks in comparison.

Ur big, boring automatic FWD sedan would be looking at the back of my e30 on your favorite driving roads.
    Not while it's sitting up on blocks in your driveway, and maybe not even if after you put it back together again, if you ever get around to doing that.

LOL, Gary now your stretching to increase your poast count. I called you out on your own contridictions, multiple times and all you can come up with is posting a picture that in turn is calling me a douchebag?

Another post ticked in where you bring up my Jeep. For something so boring and stupid, that you despise so much you sure seem to devote many posts to mentioning it. I don't bring up automatic transmissions, Impalas and old Impalas with automatic transmissions every chance I get.

Well, I suppose when you have to go as far as making broad, made up statements about my opinions on others' vehicles. You must have missed my reply where I said I like your generation Seville and it is still a car I would consider in the future. Oh yes, you must pride yourself in teaching selective reading .

c'mon Gary, did I upset you by calling you out? You seemed to have lost your smooth proper replies a bit there, I sense frustration.

Maybe you just really miss the open air fun of that Z3 roadster? That would cheer ya up!

As for the e30, do you plan on coming to the Southeast anytime soon? She'll be completed by the next major Cadillac meet You pick the fun twisty road buddy

PS. I thought you made your point and you were not going to say any more.... three posts of yours ago...

I very much enjoyed my friends' Z3. And yes, I drove it mostly with the top down because the weather was great. I have very little hair left, so I don't get that lovely sensation of the wind in my hair.

I'm not contradicting myself. As much as I enjoyed that convertible Z3, it's not a practical daily driver for me. Would I take it for a weekend again? You bet.

Broad, made up statements about others' cars? Please. Just go back and read your own long-ass threads, you putz. And if I were in the Southeast, why would I waste my time on you, your e30 or your ****ing Jeep?

I very much enjoyed my friends' Z3. And yes, I drove it mostly with the top down because the weather was great. I have very little hair left, so I don't get that lovely sensation of the wind in my hair.

I'm not contradicting myself. As much as I enjoyed that convertible Z3, it's not a practical daily driver for me. Would I take it for a weekend again? You bet.

Broad, made up statements about others' cars? Please. Just go back and read your own long-ass threads, you putz. And if I were in the Southeast, why would I waste my time on you, your e30 or your ****ing Jeep?
    Why do you waste so much time in typing up replies to me, my e30 and my ****ing Jeep?

I must say, first it was putting down my specific vehicles, but now you are starting to personally call me names - it's just an interweb car forum, don't let it get to you.

Try to shorten up your posts too, they are longer then mine and it's such a bore to read so much negative that you type up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.