Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Sandy 
#1 ·
The 48th annual Carquest World Of Wheels was last week. I forgot to upload pics so here goes:

1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V Collectors Series....in the parking garage, driven in the salt and snow. Shame.

1959 Buick Electra 225. Pure Evil.

The Electra and a 1953 Buick Skylark....which was a very rare & expensive car in 1953.

That gorgeous, unrestored '84 Riviera. The guy who owns this is the head of the MN Buick club. He's got 17 (SEVENTEEN) Rivieras right now.

1969 Dodge Charger Daytona. Awesome.

An honest, non duplicate 1967 Yenko Camaro. 427 equipped.

GNX.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Two car shows in the Twin Cites....one thread.

'70 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet.

'71 & '80 Z28. Never a huge fan of the 2nd gens, but this is exceptionally clean.

'92 Z28 Camaro. This is more my style.

From a '77 Coupe deVille D'Elegance.

And here's some from today.

Downtown Minneapolis from 6th avenue. L-R, The IDS Center, Wells Fargo Center & AT&T building. The IDS was the first (1973) and designed by Philip Johnson, one of the twentieth century's most prominent architects. It's 775 feet tall, and the Wells Fargo is 774 feet tall, and 225 South Sixth (not pictured) is 773 feet tall. Weird how that works out.

New Audi A8. Not bad, looks bigger than the old one.

Emptiness abounds at Jeep.

New Jaguar XJ. More handsome in person. I like this more than the A8.

#3 ·
Re: Two car shows in the Twin Cites....one thread.

New Saab 9-5. Due out this summer. Nice!

I was able to snag a better angle of the Equus here.

Converj.

All the brochures I bought at WoW: 1971 Buick, 1986 Chevrolet Medium Duty Trucks, 1968 Chevrolet Full Size, 1969 Chevrolet Super Sport, 1979 Chevrolet Pickups, 1983 Chevrolet C/K, 1989 Chevrolet Trucks, 1980 Pontiac, 1984 Lincoln Continental Mark VII, 1977 Cadillac RWD, 1964 Cadillac.

#7 ·
I thought so, but my dad paid. :lol: It was SO SPARSE compared to the Chicago auto show, but that's to be expected. The weirdest thing was that BMW didn't have any sort of display this year. I don't know if they neglected it or what.

#9 ·
Oh that's right, Porsche was gone too.

#15 ·
Not nearly as spectacular. No Fiat display either.

#17 ·
BEAUTIFUL car, aside from the 13" spokes the guy put on it the night prior to the car show. Other than that, it was bone stock. I got to sit in it too...the seats were nice and comfy, but that "Medici cloth" wasn't as soft as I'd imagined. He tried selling it to me......for $11,000! :lol: :lol:

#21 ·
'71 and '72 Boattails are the pinnacle......

#23 ·
You're not weird. That, the Toro, and the Eldo were some of the best looking cars of the '80s. My parents had a blue '83 Toro -- I loved that car...

#24 ·
The 1979-85 E-Bodies were some of the best looking, most beautifully proportioned cars GM ever made.

Any first-generation or boattails in that Riviera collection?
Yes, he had Rivieras of all generations.

Mr "17 Rivieras" is the vice president of the MN Buick Club. He welcomed me to join, so I may be defecting. :D Mr 17 Riverias is also a Cadillac man, his father had a BASE (no leather, no vinyl roof) 1984 Sedan deVille and he sold that for a triple black '96 Brougham. That 1959 Electra pictured belongs to the president of the MN Buick club, he bought that new. His summer daily driver is a 1996 Brougham as well, in that Marblehead Metallic, and his winter car is a 1997 Town Car Signature Series.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.