Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Got in an accident, YAY!! (with pics and need help)

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  the recluse 
#1 ·
i haven't been on here a lot since i sold my cts, but i know there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here so i would like everyone's opinions.

i was stopped on the highway in a traffic jam, and someone trying to switch lanes doesnt get room, and under my car. she must have been going about 15-20 mph as she really didnt have time to slow down.

her car went underneath mine, and thats where most of the damage is.

car doesnt look that bad but there are creases in my c pillar. does that mean anything????

btw i was coming home to wash my car and the yay in the title is sarcastic

the creases are the same on both sides

See less See more
#3 ·
Forgive my blatant bigotry, but take a gander at her rear view mirror. She was a Puerto Rican female. Go figure. Not to say that not all woman drivers are scary, they are, but ive found in my short years on the road that Puerto Rican female drivers are some of the worst and downright dangerous.

I live in Orlando, I know what im talking about. :hide:

#11 ·
That stinks. I like Saabs. :(

#14 ·
Those creases in the C-pillar indicate the unibody is bent. In some cases, if it's not too severe, a good body shop can pull it back out. I was rear-ended years ago and the impact pushed my car into the car in front of me. There were two dimples in the roof that indicated the unibody was bent, but it was minor enough that the body shop pulled it straight and the car emerged good as new. But to my (admittedly inexperienced eyes) creases in the C-pillar indicate more significant damage to the unibody than do dimples in the roof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.